How likely is it to get a bug in your ear?

6,978 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag_of_08
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So for about a month I've been noticing what felt like something moving in my left ear. I always chalked it up to me imagining things.

However, over the past couple days I've noticed that I can't hear as well out of that side and slight discomfort.

Had Chester look and sure enough, something's in there.

I can't get it myself, so I'm going to doc tomorrow to get it flushed.

What do y'all think the odds are that it's a bug?
FJB
AggieArchitect04
AG

ETA: please report back tomorrow. I'm intrigued.
tandy miller
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

ETA: please report back tomorrow. I'm intrigued.

Oh. My. God.
FJB
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Might just be wax buildup
-Ben There/R.C.
tk for tu juan
One time when I was working on my car in the garage I keep hearing a crawling around noise in my ear. After a couple hours I started feeling a random sharp pain. I went in the house filled a bulb syringe with water and squirted it in the ear a few times. Finally on one of the squirts I see a small silverfish fall in the sink and down the drain.
Aggie
AG
Just go buy an ear cleaner from Walgreens or CVS.
It's basically a squeeze bottle with a nozzle.

Couple pumps of warm water will flush it out

I had ear infection a few years ago and got some dirty beach water clogged in ear. Caused a pretty big wax buildup .. flushed out ear when I got home. Was amazed (and disgusted) at what came out
AggieArchitect04
AG
Try candling your ears. Crazy amount of **** comes out.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
NoahAg
AggieArchitect04 said:

Try candling your ears. Crazy amount of **** comes out.

Lol. You probably go to the chiropractor every week too.
Let's go, Brandon!
AggieArchitect04
AG
I do. But my chiropractor uses crystals in his treatment so I know it really works.
Not a Bot
AG
Get some carbamide peroxide drops and use those first. Then use an ear spray bottle.

What comes out may amaze you.
Animal Eight 84
AG
You would probably go ape-sh*t if you had a bug crawling in your ear canal.

I remember standing at attention, head against wall, eyes straight ahead, for morning inspection.

Fish buddy across the hall suddenly started going berserk yelling & having a head shaking fit.

A moth had flown into his ear canal. Upperclassman got it out with tweezers.

Pizzheads had us drop and push for his antics.
tandy miller
AG
Aggie said:

Just go buy an ear cleaner from Walgreens or CVS.
It's basically a squeeze bottle with a nozzle.

Couple pumps of warm water will flush it out

I had ear infection a few years ago and got some dirty beach water clogged in ear. Caused a pretty big wax buildup .. flushed out ear when I got home. Was amazed (and disgusted) at what came out

I tried that already, nothing came out.
FJB
tk for tu juan
tandy miller
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Get some carbamide peroxide drops and use those first. Then use an ear spray bottle.

What comes out may amaze you.

I used debrox and got this out

FJB
Not a Bot
AG
What is that? Wet toilet paper?
tandy miller
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

What is that? Wet toilet paper?

Yeah I was using it to catch the stuff. Wasn't a very good call as it was a pain in the ass to get out halfway dissolved (you should know by now that I'm an idiot)
FJB
Not a Bot
AG
Once you use the drops, wait a little while and then reapply. You really need to use a spray bottle designed for the ear canal, not one of the little bulb thingies that they sell for really cheap.

These work really well. It has a tip on the end to keep it from going too far into the canal, and the force of the spray is such that it just blasts the softened wax out of your ear into the collection cup. A lot of earwax blockages are way deeper than can be safely managed with Q-tips and far out of reach of anything like wet paper on a finger. The spray bottle kits should come with sodium bicarb packets to mix with the warm water.

tandy miller
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Once you use the drops, wait a little while and then reapply. You really need to use a spray bottle designed for the ear canal, not one of the little bulb thingies that they sell for really cheap.

These work really well. It has a tip on the end to keep it from going too far into the canal, and the force of the spray is such that it just blasts the softened wax out of your ear into the collection cup. A lot of earwax blockages are way deeper than can be safely managed with Q-tips and far out of reach of anything like wet paper on a finger. The spray bottle kits should come with sodium bicarb packets to mix with the warm water.

Where can I buy this?
FJB
tandy miller
AG
Running to Walmart to get this

FJB
Not a Bot
AG
Google "earwax removal spray bottle." There are countless brands. I got mine from the pharmacy section at a grocery store. Make sure to follow the warnings and don't use it if you're having ear pain or other signs of inflammation.
Not a Bot
AG
Read the reviews first and make sure people aren't having a big problem with that brand.
tandy miller
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Google "earwax removal spray bottle." There are countless brands. I got mine from the pharmacy section at a grocery store. Make sure to follow the warnings and don't use it if you're having ear pain or other signs of inflammation.

Oh yeah I can't use it then.
FJB
Stop letting Chester hump your head at night.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Probably growing hair in your ear.
Username checks out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds pretty earritating.
Spore Ag
Mountains of the Moon, a wonderful movie about the discovery of the source of the Nile. Sir Richard Burton the explorer gets a beetle in his ear. Literally drives him crazy enough to drive an ice pick into his ear to kill the continuous clawing. Apparently for months after bug parts and pus drained out his ear.
TXAG 05
AG
Probably one of those bugs they put in peoples ears in Star Trek 2
tandy miller
AG
Okay… so I can hear a lot better out of that side this morning… wondering if it broke down last night while I slept. Also the little bit of inflammation seems to be gone. Gonna have someone look for me later
FJB
chansonjr
AG
I know a guy that had a moth fly into his ear. Had to go to the ER to get it out.
tandy miller
AG
Forgot to post, but I went to neighbors last night and his nurse wife looked. This is what I found on my phone this morning. Not sure if that's it, but she said it was huge

Also, it's def still there, I can feel it as I've gotten up and moved around. Definitely not as inflamed though
FJB
KidDoc
AG
I've only removed 2 bugs in over 20 years. Lots of other fun stuff like beads, rocks, crayons, etc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tandy miller
AG
KidDoc said:

I've only removed 2 bugs in over 20 years. Lots of other fun stuff like beads, rocks, crayons, etc.

Damn, I was coloring the other day. Need to go count the crayola box
FJB
Irish 2.0
How did you pay the neighbor nurse for services rendered? This is what Penthouse Forum was made for!
OnlyForNow
AG
How likely is it that a bug has been in your ear? For adults probably 100%.

But that's any bug, not like an adult roach or something.

How likely is it a bug gets stuck in your ear, very unlikely.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.