Indoor Skydiving?

2,883 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dabo man
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm thinking about taking my son to iFLY this summer. I think this looks like it would be insanely fun.
https://www.iflyworld.com/learn-to-fly

Have any of you ever gone indoor skydiving?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I've been 3-4 times. It's way more fun than I initially thought it would be.

My youngest has been a lot more than I have. She's gotten very good at it. Flies on her back, plays tag with another friend in the tube, knows lots of tricks. She really loves it, but it's too spendy to do very often.

If you go and like it, buy minutes to use in the future. They're heavily discounted if purchased following a session.
Wicked Good Ag
gotsand said:

I've been 3-4 times. It's way more fun than I initially thought it would be.

My youngest has been a lot more than I have. She's gotten very good at it. Flies on her back, plays tag with another friend in the tube, knows lots of tricks. She really loves it, but it's too spendy to do very often.

If you go and like it, buy minutes to use in the future. They're heavily discounted if purchased following a session.
We are planning on doing it as well...from what i hear you dont get much time in the tunnel for the price but a great experience

the best deal they have without any promo code is the 10 flights for a group

works out to about 35 bucks per time in tunnel ....might be willing to split with someone who maybe interested as well
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
We usually buy 10 minute blocks and split that between two people at 3 flights each. It sounds like a short amount of time, but it's longer than you think. Especially when new.

My my daughter would use 20+ min by herself if we funded it.
AggieArchitect04
AG
I had a friend do this and ended up with some serious inner ear issues or something and had vertigo for a few months.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Is there a weight limit? Or do they just turn the fan up to high?

Asking for a friend.
Username checks out.
gigemags-99
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

I had a friend do this and ended up with some serious inner ear issues or something and had vertigo for a few months.

Survival of the fittest…
UnderoosAg
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Asking for a friend.

There is. Like 275 maybe? Or 250. There's a no problem limit, and then a we gotta check your body size limit.
Ginormus Ag
AG
UnderoosAg said:

Ginormus Ag said:

Asking for a friend.

There is. Like 275 maybe? Or 250. There's a no problem limit, and then a we gotta check your body size limit.

That would have been good when I was in like 6th grade… I mean my friend was in 6th grade.
Username checks out.
Anchorhold
Sounds like a vegan hamburger
dabo man
AG
I bought tickets for my son and me to do this on 7/21.
I can't wait.

Will be our big day in the city (Kansas City). Indoor skydiving followed by immersive Vincent Van Gogh.

dabo man
AG
Quote:

I had to sign something attesting that neither my son nor I weighed over 260 lbs. Without checking that box, I don't think I could have bought the tickets.
MGS
Ginormus Ag said:

Asking for a friend.
No big deal, "your friend" probably also has more surface area.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Please update on the Van Gogh exhibit. It's coming to us in the fall -- heavily marked, so I'm curious.
dabo man
AG
One thing to know up front, the Van Gogh pricing is a shakedown. Note: It doesn't tell you until you've paid, but a BASIC ticket allows you to arrive +-20 minutes from your scheduled time.

in addition to what's shown here, I paid a $13.98 service charge and sales tax. Off-Peak means weekdays (excluding holidays). I can't imagine the pricing will be much different when it gets to Texas,

Wicked Good Ag
Van Gogh is in texas. Was in Dallas and now Houston

After Houston run Monet will be next at that exhibit place. With run being here a while my daughter and I got to stay for 2 full rounds plus about 15 mins and no peak wasn't that expensive.
Wicked Good Ag
As for skydiving my son wanted to go so we thought about doing the 10 sessions for X price. Is there anything better pricing wise ??

He now wants to do it on one of the cruise lines that have iFly on it which if same price wouldn't be a bad deal but I don't think same pricing occurs.
dabo man
AG
I bought two flights each for two people at iFLY. That was my cheapest option, and it cost $166.63 after fees and taxes.

I can't imagine I'm ever going to do this again, but I can't wait. They offer photo and video options as well, which I declined, but I think I'm going to go ahead and get the video. This is likely a once in a lifetime thing for me, so I might as well have a record of it.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
The best iFly deal is to purchase additional flight minutes immediately after you're done with the intro or whatever beginner package is they sell online. It's a straight X-minutes for X-dollars, 10-minute blocks at ours. Not cheap, but it is much cheaper than the packages they list online, and I do not believe the minutes expire.

It will say it's for beginners only and can't be shared, but we regularly split it between 2 experienced people and our iFly never has an issue.

The only other alternative is to book dedicated minutes directly through an instructor. Not cheap as you're basically renting the tube.
Win At Life
AG
My wife wanted to do the Van Gogh thing, so we did. Seemed like not much to it fir all the hype. We bought the big Van Gogh book that now sits on our coffee table as a decorative piece. So, we got that going for us.
Wicked Good Ag
Spaceland Skydiving had a two for one deal for actual skydiving but don't see it anymore

I am hoping to get the kids to want to do iFly then eventually when all turn 18 a trip including skydiving.
B-1 83
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

Asking for a friend.
I have a picture of you floating around on your lonesome while a dozen others are plastered against the walls and ceiling from the excess wind.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I did this when I was a kid like 30-35 years ago. I remember the intro instructions being really long and boring. Once you get in the tube, the time is too short. Just as you are starting to get some semblance of comfort and skill, time is up. They are building one near my house and I am sure I will shell out so my kids can experience the same.
MAS444
AG
I did it in some janky temporary place they put up behind the college station mall in 94/95ish. Prolly lucky I didn't break my neck. Anyone else do it there?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
For those prices, why not just regular sky dive?
L8HIT
AG
Costco has discounted gift cards to iFly I believe.
BaitShack
AG
MAS444 said:

I did it in some janky temporary place they put up behind the college station mall in 94/95ish. Prolly lucky I didn't break my neck. Anyone else do it there?
Wasn't it outside, near the back of the bowling alley?
MAS444
AG
Yessir!
dabo man
AG
Went skydiving yesterday, and it was fantastic. Only problem is my son is already begging me to go back. I told him that he can start working once he turns 16 and can buy a ticket then (he's currently 13 and was not amused).

Also went to "Immersive Van Gogh." I thought it was incredible, but he is my favorite painter. My son is a lot more artistically-inclined than I am. He is really into drawing (but doesn't paint). I'd hoped he would like it, but he was bored out of his mind. We only made it about half way through the production before I took pity of him and offered to leave if he wanted to. He did.

Still an outstanding mid-summer random vacation day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.