How did you Propose/Get proposed to?

10,191 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Paul Dirac
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There has been enough cynicism, tell us how you popped the question or how your fiance did! Tell us your cute stories!
Pics encouraged!
akm91
AG
Took my wife to the top of Coit Tower and proposed to her with other tourists milling around.

"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
BaitShack
AG
1st wife…. I had sent her a grenade pin as a ring of sorts.
I proposed over the phone from Okinawa.
Her response: "I think I'm going to throw up"

2nd wife, out on a country road that had meaning to us. It's in the city now.
Leeman
Read this as "propositioned".
AliasMan02
AG
Taking pics after graduation, Kyle in the background. On the "last one" I got down on a knee.

In the few pics before that you can see I'm holding the ring where she can't see.

She screamed. Very fun.
Caliber
AG
Leeman said:

Read this as "propositioned".
I feel like that thread has a ban potential depending on which staff is working today...
boboguitar
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

There has been enough cynicism, tell us how you popped the question or how your fiance did! Tell us your cute stories!
Pics encouraged!

I left a bunch of love letters (put into an envelope with an attached rose) around the house, in a treasure hunt. It eventually led to her meeting up with her best friend who drove her own to college station. In CS, I had people who were important in her life hand her more letters which kept leading to different locations. It eventually led to the century tree where I was there waiting for her with my best friend, to which I got down on my knee and proposed.
maroon barchetta
The proposal to my wife pales in comparison to most teenagers asking a date to "HOCO" these days.
Ragoo
AG
Wortham center after seeing La Boheme. Friends drove down from CS to surprise her and take pictures.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I didn't have to ask. It was part of the understood contract. We marry, or I send her back to Russia and they send me a different one.
Caliber
AG
boboguitar said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Pics encouraged!

I left a bunch of love letters (put into an envelope with an attached rose) around the house, in a treasure hunt. It eventually led to her meeting up with her best friend who drove her own to college station. In CS, I had people who were important in her life hand her more letters which kept leading to different locations. It eventually led to the century tree where I was there waiting for her with my best friend, to which I got down on my knee and proposed.
You proposed to your best friend after putting her through all that? Solid power move dude.
boboguitar
AG
Brad06ag said:

boboguitar said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Pics encouraged!

You proposed to your best friend after putting her through all that? Solid power move dude.
Hell of a coming out party.
bagger05
AG
Some friends of hers and some friends of mine both had weddings on the same day, her friends in Dallas and mine in Mexico. I'd been in Mexico all week but flew home to surprise her at the wedding in Dallas.

The next day we went our separate ways to feed dogs and run errands and such and agreed to meet up later. I had the ring but hadn't planned to propose. I went ahead and grabbed it just in case.

We went to one of our favorite bars that afternoon and hung out for a while and played cards. Then we went down the street to the bar where we first met and got the table where we sat on our first date. I don't think I asked her. I just said "let's get married."

Just some random people sitting around, no big production. I thought it was pretty perfect.

Got married about 11 months later. Wedding was one of the last things that happened before COVID lockdowns. Somewhat unpopular opinion on this board: we had a pretty decent sized wedding and if I could do it over again I would spend more on the wedding, not less. Most fun day of my life. Total blast.
texasaggie2015
AG
Congrats on all the sex guys
chiken
AG
He asked me to marry him while we were in bed, post coitus, and on our way to nap town.
maroon barchetta
So he was basically drunk on dopamine?
chiken
AG
he had the chance to back out if he wanted!
maroon barchetta
Not after that!!
chiken
AG
in truth, if he knew how it was going to end, I bet he wishes he hadn't asked.
The Shank Ag
At the time I was living in Garland (working) and she was living in Denton (School). We had been dating for about 3 years. It was an early December night.

Sister has a friend that owns a nice restaurant in Fort Worth. She set up for a table of 2 to remain empty while a table of 10 to be filled next to it with our families (My parents, her parents, our sisters, and my grandparents). I walked in and said table for 2 and my name. They walk us to our table and the entire table next to us had their menus covering their faces in the most obvious way imaginable. She doesn't notice. Right before my now wife sits down, they all drop their menus and say "Surprise!". She turns away from me to look at who said surprise, I drop to one knee with ring in hand, she turns back around to me and starts crying and saying yes. Don't think I even asked "Will you marry me".

We join the table with our families, all the ladies take turns admiring the ring, and we have a nice first dual family dinner.

Got married about 18 months later during May. Now we have 2 beautiful kids and a beautiful home. I'm very happy that I asked (without actually asking).
maroon barchetta
I'm sure there were a lot of good times.
AgGrad99
AG
I stopped in the middle of our concert in Detroit, and asked my band mate if she wanted to get married. When she said yes, I had a minister come on stage and marry us right there in front of everyone.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Contractions were getting closer together, and "*******" is such a nasty word.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I proposed on our ring day, which was also her 21st birthday. Did it under the giant ring at the association building and had my buddies do a sabre arch. I pulled out boots.

ETA We'd been talking about it after dating for years, and I sold her on the idea I'd propose in my boots so she wouldn't be expecting anything. It was super convenient that her best friends and family were all in town for ring day. I also talked to the Association beforehand, and they got us on their unofficial schedule for a couple of minutes before one of the entertainment acts so the plaza would be clear.
TexasRebel
AG
No.
Caliber
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Did it during the post-nut clarity period... So if he still wanted to do it then, he wanted to do it.
chiken
AG
Brad06ag said:

maroon barchetta said:

Did it during the post-nut clarity period... So if he still wanted to do it then, he wanted to do it.
Nicest thing you ever said to me (about me)
BenFiasco14
AG
I gave her a little note that said "do you love me, do you wanna be my friend? And if you do, then don't be, afraid to take me by the hand, if you want to. I think this is how love goes, check yes or no"
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I proposed on our ring day, which was also her 21st birthday. Did it under the giant ring at the association building and had my buddies do a sabre arch. I pulled out boots.

ETA We'd been talking about it after dating for years, and I sold her on the idea I'd propose in my boots so she wouldn't be expecting anything. It was super convenient that her best friends and family were all in town for ring day. I also talked to the Association beforehand, and they got us on their unofficial schedule for a couple of minutes before one of the entertainment acts so the plaza would be clear.
WAAAYYY to young.
Ags4DaWin
My senior year at a&m- Valentine's day.

I made a scavenger hunt of the a&m campus and places around college station where we had alot of our firsts- first kiss, first fight, first date, etc etc.....

At the end of the scavenger hunt if ended at the duck pond.

I had created a bunch of floating candles and put them near this place we used to picnic and left a rose near the bank.

After she picked up the rose and turned around I was there in a tuxedo, on a knee with the ring.
Not a Bot
AG
chiken said:

in truth, if he knew how it was going to end, I bet he wishes he hadn't asked.

I bet he's glad he didn't know, the way it all would end, the way it all would go. Our lives are better left to chance.

He could've missed the pain, but he would've had to miss that drunken, half-asleep conversation he had with you while needing to pee really bad.
wangus12
AG
Hiking in the mountains of western Iceland. Knew I was gonna propose on the trip, but didn't really have a plan outside of that.

We were hiking and the sun had finally broke through the cloud cover for a bit and you had the Artic ocean on one side and a big old volcano on the other. Wasn't really thinking and she had turned around to take pictures so I dropped down on one knee. She turned around and I kinda stumbled through asking her to marry me. Clearly didn't have a plan on what to say either. It worked out and we're still together.

Ginormus Ag
AG
It was all you could eat steak night at the Golden Corral. I had 5 steaks. She had 6. I went back for more, but there was none. She gave me her last one. I knew right then and there she was the one. She said do you want some pie? I said, I ate it all, already, but I could still go for some cake. She said that's not what I meant. I said, would ya marry me? She said sure why not. So I slipped a couple of onion rings on her finger as she licked the mashed potatoes off her plate. Later that night I could still taste the mashed potatoes as I ate the onion rings off her fingers. Been happily married for almost 16 years now.
Username checks out.
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

It was all you could eat steak night at the Golden Corral. I had 5 steaks. She had 6. I went back for more, but there was none. She gave me her last one. I knew right then and there she was the one. She said do you want some pie? I said, I ate it all, already, but I could still go for some cake. She said that's not what I meant. I said, would ya marry me? She said sure why not. So I slipped a couple of onion rings on her finger as she licked the mashed potatoes off her plate. Later that night I could still taste the mashed potatoes as I ate the onion rings off her fingers. Been happily married for almost 16 years now.
Username checks out
GrapevineAg
AG
I had planned to take my GF to dinner on a Saturday night at a nice restaurant (where we had gone for one of our first dates) and propose to her there. Saturday afternoon, she tells me that she just got oof the phone with her best friend and they had made plans for four of us to go to Six Flags for the evening. I got upset because she changed our plans without checking with me, and...

her: "well, it's not like you were gonna propose to me, right?"
me: "what if I said I was"
her: "I'd say, show me the ring!"
me: pulls ring out of pocket and tosses it to/at her.

She freaked out, cried, smiled, said yes. Then we hung out at Six Flags with our friends. 24 years and counting...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.