Have price increases/Inflation had any effect on black markets?

2,069 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MouthBQ98
Post removed:
by user
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend tells me that RPGs in Matamoros are still the same price. But grenades are up 30%
cisgenderedAggie
Don't know about drugs, but if you need a catalytic converter I might know a guy.
NoahAg
Alls I know is Pokemon cards are ridiculous.
Let's go, Brandon!
javajaws
AG
Why go black market when you can drive over to CO for the weekend and fill up for the year?
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Tanya 93
Medical card

I can order it online and they deliver.

Gummies, chocolate, and the bud have increased though.

About 15%
AliasMan02
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Medical card

About 15%

Why am I surprised at this post from this poster? I shouldn't be.
NoahAg
Tanya 93 said:

Medical card

About 15%
T&Ps for Tanya's glaucoma.
Let's go, Brandon!
62strat
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Folks that dabble with illegal substances, have you noticed the cost of say.. a gram of bud increasing?
hah for a second when I read the thread title I thought you meant like flat brimmed baseball caps and fried chicken.

Weed went waaaay up when it became legal in CO.. 10 years ago.
Decay
AG
62strat said:

FAT SEXY said:

Folks that dabble with illegal substances, have you noticed the cost of say.. a gram of bud increasing?
hah for a second when I read the thread title I thought you meant like flat brimmed baseball caps and fried chicken.

Why would drugs cost more when they got legal?
Irish 2.0
My dealer said he was going to start charging me sales tax!!

****er!!
62strat
AG
javajaws said:

Why go black market when you can drive over to CO for the weekend and fill up for the year?
There's a 1oz daily purchase limit.

So yeh if 2oz is enough for your year your statement is true.
62strat
AG
Decay said:

62strat said:

FAT SEXY said:

Why would drugs cost more when they got legal?
uhh.. taxes and regulation, along with quality. You ever pay 25% sales tax to a dealer on the street?

An ounce of quality flower is upwards $400 these days at a shop.
https://dutchie.com/stores/starbuds-se-aurora/products/flower
Humorous Username
AG
I'm making premium money on hoarded Figment Popcorn Buckets from Disney.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=figment+popcorn+bucket&_sacat=0
Irish 2.0
62strat said:

javajaws said:

That's per transaction. You can hit up multiple stores/day. Not like they blue your thumb to show you've procured your stash for the day.

Trust me...
javajaws
AG
62strat said:

javajaws said:

There is no state tracking system - you can buy 1oz from every store you find, every day you are there, per person (or 8g of concentrate, or 800mg of consumables).

Not that I would know anything about that or anything...
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Buzzy
Tanya 93 said:

Medical card

About 15%

All of your political posts make sense now.....
62strat
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

62strat said:

javajaws said:

That's per transaction. You can hit up multiple stores/day. Not like they blue your thumb to show you've procured your stash for the day.

Trust me...
I'm a resident.. and yes I too know how it works from first hand experience. It's def. not per transaction, it's per day. You can't buy, go outside and come back in same place... outside of maybe them not recognizing you.

Some places track a DL.

State law also has a possession limit, so even if you do successfully peruse around town loading up, if you get pulled over, get ready to bend over.

Irish 2.0
Read again. Multiple stores/day. There every other month and do it all the time
62strat
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Read again. Multiple stores/day. There every other month and do it all the time
read again - possession limit.

Why risk getting caught out of state over limit, when you can just buy from dealer near your home and likely be left alone? I know people in TX that do this.

And it was suggested to buy a year's supply, not a 2 month supply.
Irish 2.0
We're literally talking about risking it. It's the premise of the thread. Cops in Denver aren't nailing pot tourists for buying over their daily limits. Never had a problem anywhere in CO including the airport. They don't care.

There is no mechanism in place to stop people from buying more than the limit in CO. Period. You can hit up multiple stores/day
62strat
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

We're literally talking about risking it. It's the premise of the thread. Cops in Denver aren't nailing pot tourists for buying over their daily limits. Never had a problem anywhere in CO including the airport. They don't care.

There is no mechanism in place to stop people from buying more than the limit in CO. Period. You can hit up multiple stores/day
i'm just saying you're doubling your risk because not only are you over the state limit of possession you are also transporting across state lines which is federal.
Irish 2.0
But there is no mechanism to prevent it…is there?

It's rather simple. CO has a 'law' that isn't enforced with a mechanism to prevent people from buying more than their daily allotment. They're not charging pot tourists federally. TSA has been instructed not to worry about weed anymore
62strat
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

It's rather simple. CO has a 'law' that isn't enforced with a mechanism to prevent people from buying more than their daily allotment. They're not charging pot tourists federally. TSA has been instructed not to worry about weed anymore
to prevent it? Is there a mechanism to prevent you from speeding? No, but if you do it, and get caught, you have to answer to the state.

And/or if you get pulled over in Tx and trooper sees a few pounds of marijuana products with you, you have to answer to federal.

Go buy from a local dude what you need for the week, and you likely have neither of those issues. No over possession, and cop doesn't care, even in tx, that you have 2 joints on you.

Now if you're looking for much higher quality or variety of ****, then I get it. Colorado has it!
Win At Life
AG
"Black Markets" and no "That's racists" or jokes about the "White Market"? TexAgs is slipping.
62strat
AG
Win At Life said:

"Black Markets" and no "That's racists" or jokes about the "White Market"? TexAgs is slipping.
to be fair, I cracked a joke about it.
superunknown
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

so I've been shoving it up my ass just for fun then?
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
I was hooking up with a weed dealer for a while, that was nice while it lasted, got all the free weed and edibles I wanted, and she always paid for dinner.
Tanya 93
superunknown said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Hey baby
Philo B 93
I've covered the price increase by selling high school kids CBD flower and telling them it's pot. I tell them it's called Purple Placebo. Idiots.
PoohAh97
AG
superunknown said:

You've been doing it yourself? Those guys said I'd do it wrong!
MouthBQ98
AG
lb3 said:

A friend tells me that RPGs in Matamoros are still the same price. But grenades are up 30%

They get you to buy the launcher at cost, but the grenades is always where they get you later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.