Holiday Cooking Disasters

1,673 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Al Bula
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Factory Builder Stores usually launches "Turn Your Oven On Day" on November 4th but decided to remind everyone a full month early to test your appliances now to ensure there's enough time to repair or order, deliver, & install in time for the upcoming holidays!

This year's reminder is in the form of one of the great shows of old. We hope you enjoy it & remember:
DON'T LET FAULTY APPLIANCES RUIN YOUR HOLIDAY SEASON. TURN ON YOUR OVEN, TODAY!

Do you have a holiday kitchen disaster you would like to share?

Providing Texas builders, re-modelers, designers & savvy homeowners with premium kitchen appliances and cabinetry with years of experience & superior customer service.

Visit us at one of our gorgeous showrooms in Austin, College Station, Corpus Christi, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston or San Antonio, for design inspiration and to experience working kitchens outfitted with beautiful and innovative appliances.

Over 5,000 of the best custom and luxury home builders, designers and remodelers depend on Factory Builder Stores.

Come see why we are, "YOUR BUILDER'S BEST CHOICE.
tandy miller
AG
I was put in charge of getting the groceries Thanksgiving '95. Left the sack with the cranberry sauce in it at HEB. Dad went back to get it, and never came back.
FJB
combat wombat™
AG
People use their ovens so infrequently that they need to test them prior to major "cooking golidays"?
histag10
AG
Right?!?! I have used my oven 4 times today.
tandy miller
AG
histag10 said:

Right?!?! I have used my oven 4 times today.

It is also instrumental to your business. 4x/ day is certaiNly not the norm /Histag
FJB
cisgenderedAggie
Not going in a kitchen again until we know how lizard scale smoke happens.
LupinusTexensis
The worst cooking mistake I ever made was reading that you can cook sardines in olive oil and dissolve them so they seamlessly blend into your food with all the nutritional benefits and less flavor. That is not the case. I ended up making my house smell terribly of fish for several days and had to air out the whole place and clean all my furniture.
george1992
Oh that's what you were blaming the fish smell on.
histag10
AG
Oh lord...
Factory Builder Stores
According to "Shipt" (a grocery delivery service), Cranberry sauce is the number 1 most forgotten ingredient/food for Thanksgiving
Factory Builder Stores
Yes! I was shocked when I learned this too!

-Jeannie Zindler-Miles, Marketing Director FBS
chimpanzee
A turkey that is not completely thawed dropped rapidly in to a too full pot of too hot oil is a spectacular sight, so long as it's not anywhere close to anyone you like or their home. My step father did not know this prior to attempting to deep fry one after researching the technique via a too short conversation with a too drunk friend of his.
Ogre09
AG
At Thanksgiving at the in-laws in Dallas one year I had an epic fail frying a turkey. It was 40F and windy outside, and the burner they had for frying fish wouldn't put out near enough heat. The oil temperature struggled to limp up over 300F, and when I dunked the bird it dropped back below 250F and wouldn't come back up. Instead of a beautiful crispy fried exterior, the turkey turned out greasy, boiled looking, and pale. We managed to salvage enough edible breast meat for the meal, but it was not good.
NoahAg
We went to my Dad's for Thanksgiving one year. Sat down to eat. No turkey. His neighbor had made a dry pork loin instead.
We stopped at Whataburger on the way home.
Now I insist on making the turkey every year, whether at home or at family's house.
Let's go, Brandon!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
combat wombat said:

People use their ovens so infrequently that they need to test them prior to major "cooking golidays"?
I've never turned on my oven. Have lived in my apartment for over 3 years.
bmc13
AG

Al Bula
AG
Factory Builder Stores said:

According to "Shipt" (a grocery delivery service), Cranberry sauce is the number 1 most forgotten ingredient/food for Thanksgiving
texags HAS been invaded by bots
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.