How many people…

2,567 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tandy miller
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it acceptable to order for in a serving line type restaurant?

Was just behind a guy who ordered 9 to go chicken fried steak plates for his entire office, and ordered different sides for each. He tied up the line for 15 minutes, then had the audacity to pay separately. Restaurant said no.

So it made me wonder… how many orders are acceptable for one person to order before it becomes excessive/inconsiderate?

I say 3
FJB
Anchorhold
What if I order multiple meals just for myself? Because I'm American and I do that often.

As for the pleb that has to pick up my lunch and anyone waiting on him/ her/ them, none of my business. I'm getting my CFS delivered.

/scimitar
Bruce Almighty
AG
That's a dick move and the person should have called the order in.
tandy miller
AG
Anchorhold said:

What if I order multiple meals just for myself? Because I'm American and I do that often.

That's fine. You're probably also fat
FJB
Ol_Ag_02
AG
tandy miller said:

Is it acceptable to order for in a serving line type restaurant?

Was just behind a guy who ordered 9 to go chicken fried steak plates for his entire office, and ordered different sides for each. He tied up the line for 15 minutes, then had the audacity to pay separately. Restaurant said no.

So it made me wonder… how many orders are acceptable for one person to order before it becomes excessive/inconsiderate?

I say 3

I say 4; i.e., the number of people in your family.

Note: if there's more than four people in your family, then you should stop having kids and sell the one with the least amount of promise.
Goose
AG
If it's all being paid for with a single transaction, order all you want. It'd be no different, if not faster, than having all those people in line in front of you and then a single person paying for all of it. Separate transactions? +1 at most. Even then I'm gonna be pissed. If you can't figure out an "I'll get this one, you get the next one" type thing, then you're probably a ****ty person and I would hate to be around you anyways, so F off. But hey, that's just my thoughts...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
If one person is ordering, one form of payment is acceptable.

With the advent of things like Venmo, splitting checks should be a tacky practice that is left in the dustbin of history.
TxAG#2011
3 people is about acceptable

Ordering for 9 separate people, to go, is unacceptable. Restaurant's have online and phone ordering for a reason.
azul_rain
Is it allowable by the restaurant? Then **** em, I'll order as much as *********want to
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
chimpanzee
My personal hell includes eternity waiting behind Deborah while she goes through seven separate sandwiches with ingredients listed in apparently random order by her idiot semi-literate coworkers.

"Jim forgot to say what bread he wanted, I'll text him real quick"

I think this is why I never go to Subway any more, well, that and it sucks.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
hedge said:

Is it allowable by the restaurant? Then **** em, I'll order as much as *********want to

Restaurants also allow dirty Micks to eat inside, but that doesn't make it right.
rebag00
AG
chimpanzee said:

My personal hell includes eternity waiting behind Deborah while she goes through seven separate sandwiches with ingredients listed in apparently random order by her idiot semi-literate coworkers.

"Jim forgot to say what bread he wanted, I'll text him real quick"

I think this is why I never go to Subway any more, well, that and it sucks.
This is the worst! When I see the post it note in her grubby hands I walk right the **** out.
Also - this only seems to happen at Subway, which I only eat at when there is no other alternative.
histag10
AG
What about drive thrus? I had someone in front of me at Dutch bros who ordered 20 drinks (5 drink trays). Held the line up for over 20 minutes with no way for people behind them to leave.

They have a walk up window, and I feel like it should have been utilized in this instance.
DadAG10
Don't drive and do McNuggets!
azul_rain
I'm not irish
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
TecRecAg
AG
1 meal per person. It's that simple. Don't send me to get your ****ing food.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Unacceptable, especially in an age where everybody has an app/online ordering. The only thing worse is an ahole that does the same thing in the drive thru

I made the mistake of going thru Popeyes last week for the first time in probably a year. The guy in front of me ordered $80 of chicken. Then he ordered an ice tea with a "splash of lemonade", which alone confused and bogged down the order taker. I nearly got out of my car and punched him on the ear as he got visibly frustrated trying to explain this to the order taker. Mother****er thought he was at the country club, not Popeyes
C@LAg
summer coffee run when you get behind someone with an office order of like 15-20 Frappuccinos.
Bruce Almighty
AG
C@LAg said:

summer coffee run when you get behind someone with an office order of like 15-20 Frappuccinos.

What's funny about that is by the time the person delivers them, they're all melted.
C@LAg
Bruce Almighty said:

C@LAg said:

What's funny about that is by the time the person delivers them, they're all melted.
yeah, but the lolfats that get those everyday do not care as long as they get their sugarbomb.
swc93
AG
He should have called it in; but IF they all came to the restaurant there would have been 9 people in line and it would have take longer than 15 minutes.
Claude!
swc93 said:

He should have called it in; but IF they all came to the restaurant there would have been 9 people in line and it would have take longer than 15 minutes.
True, but then I would've seen nine people in line ahead of me, said "**** this", and gone somewhere else.
tandy miller
AG
Claude! said:

swc93 said:

True, but then I would've seen nine people in line ahead of me, said "**** this", and gone somewhere else.

This. Don't be a Trojan horse of orders
FJB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.