A tire place took my tire

5,141 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Funky Winkerbean
george1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your welcome. Just here to help.
03_Aggie
62strat said:

See, I like answers like this, because it provides specific and/or technical details.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=18

This corroborates the tire shop's advice of when I rotate my tires in the future, keep this new pair on the same axle; just swap front and back axles.

Course I wouldn't expect Texags GB to know anything about 4WD or AWD

We aren't the ones that had a chick tell us we need two new tires. We'd generally know better.
Woodward2206
OP, did they steal your truck nuts too?
The Porkchop Express
You don't politely call them and ask about the tire, you go in there when you know they're really busy - around lunch time or at 5 p.m. - and start loudly complaining about what happened and making little one-sided dialogues to other customers in line that go like "You believe these crooks stole my tire?" or "If I were you, I'd take my business elsewhere." Go full on Randy Marsh and throw in a couple of "I'm sorry, I thought this was America." comments to really let them know you mean business, and then declare loudly in front of as many people as possible that you're not leaving the store until you either have your tire back or a refund for an appropriate amount of money. If they ask you to step away from the counter while they look for it some more, go right to the front door and have a little dialogue with every customer that walks in about how much this place will try and cheat you. They'll get you that discount or a new free tire real quick to get your crazy ass out of there.
histag10
AG
So basically, be the Karenest of all Karens?
Doctor Rosenrosen
AG
histag10 said:

Add "I'm a good Christian woman."
The Porkchop Express
Doctor Rosenrosen said:

histag10 said:

Add "I'm a good Christian woman."
Also say "My tax dollars pay your salary" even though that's not true.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Look. We all know what really happened. Just that no one wants to say it -- especially Tire Rack:

A shiftless elk stole your tire. I'm sure they're obviously embarrassed and just don't want to cop to being robbed by a no good elk.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/us/elk-tire-around-neck-removed-colorado-trnd/index.html

92Ag95
AG
george1992 said:

RealTalk said:

I bet you bought a new cabin air filter from them, too.

You know they got him for the radiator flush and new wiper blades as well. Not to mention the upcharge to put fresh air in his other two tires.
Don't forget topping off the headlight fluid.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
92Ag95 said:

george1992 said:

RealTalk said:

You know they got him for the radiator flush and new wiper blades as well. Not to mention the upcharge to put fresh air in his other two tires.
Probably got him for the full replacement of the tail light fluid pump.
histag10
AG
92Ag95 said:

george1992 said:

RealTalk said:

Never heard of headlight fluid. Are you referring to blinker fluid? Mine always seems to be low or out when I go have my vehicle inspected
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Hopefully you requested the new tires be filled with Nitrogen.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.