Dave Matthews Band Chicago River incident

6,318 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Swarely
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In Chicago this weekend and learned this little tidbit.

Quote:

On Sunday, August 8, 2004 at 1:18 p.m.,[6] bus driver Wohl drove over the Kinzie Street Bridge and emptied the contents of his bus's septic tank through the open metal grate intending to deposit it into the Chicago River below. The bus's tank was full, containing 800 pounds of human waste.

Earlier, passenger boat Chicago's Little Lady left Navy Pier at its 1:00 p.m. scheduled boat tour departure. While passing under the bridge, the boat received the full contents of the tank on the seats of its open-roof terrace. Roughly two-thirds of the 120 passengers aboard the tour boat were soaked.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Matthews_Band_Chicago_River_incident

I was thinking of doing the architectural tour today and my friend told me about this. I can't even imagine how terrible that would be to experience.
Sea Speed
AG
surely it is illegal to dump that much **** straight in to the public waterway.
ptothemo
AG
Illegal - bus driver sentenced to 18 months probation and fined 100k - check

Expensive - 300k or more in settlements in civil and other suits - check

Ironic - DMB has always been super "green" or at least made a big public facing deal about being green - check
Anchorhold

Cousin Eddie?
Sea Speed
AG
i wonder if those people jumped in the water to wash off. I cant think of anything more disgusting than having a double dare load of **** dropped on my head.
Builder93
AG
What a ****ty thing to do.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Al Bula
AG
Well DMB has always been crappy
anaggieshusband
You serious Clark?
infinity ag
Remember this.
Just 2 days before my kid was born.
Doctor Rosenrosen
AG
infinity ag said:

Remember this.
Just 2 days before my kid was born.
just like I remember Romo's fumbled hold against the Seahawks. I watched it from hospital right after my son was born.
Vogon Poet
AG
Surely it is illegal to dump that much **** straight in to the public waterway on top of 80 people.

That's 10 pounds per person.

CW Griswold
Crap into me
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
91_Aggie
AG
Those people on the boat should count themselves lucky... they could have actually had to have listened to Dave Matthew's music
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
As a general rule no one is allowed to **** on the tour bus, so hopefully the boat riders just got a golden shower.
B-1 83
AG
No "Uncle Eddie" references? You people are slow…..
CDub06
AG
Glad they clarified what the contents smelled like.
Quote:

The liquid waste was brownish yellow in color, and had a foul, offensive odor. The liquid human waste went into passengers' eyes, mouths, hair, and onto clothing and personal belongings, many of which were soaked. Some of the passengers suffered nausea and vomiting as a result of exposure to the human waste.
AGHouston11
AG
ptothemo said:

Illegal - bus driver sentenced to 18 months probation and fined 100k - check

Expensive - 300k or more in settlements in civil and other suits - check

Ironic - DMB has always been super "green" or at least made a big public facing deal about being green - check

Seems like they got off easy - should have been much worse
chimpanzee
It's ok, they let Amnesty International set up a booth for free out in front of all of their shows. You can dump **** on tourists, no one likes them anyway.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The question I always had about this was how many times they'd dumped this **** before this incident without getting caught. There has to be DMB feces all over the country
nai06
AG
I have a cousin who is a huge DMB fan, potentially the biggest DMB fan out there. She and her husband have been to 125+ shows so far.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Scatellite
ZofranAggie
AG
Swapped #41 for #2.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tobias Funke
AG
Under the Table and Steaming
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Splash into me
Professor Frick
AG
Don't Drink the Water (because all their poop and pee is in it)
Boodlum
AG
nai06 said:

I have a cousin who is a huge DMB fan, potentially the biggest DMB fan out there. She and her husband have been to 125+ shows so far.
My cousin is also a huge DMB fan and has probably hit that many as well. He is also an even bigger Widespread Panic fan and will take off on week long trips to follow them around. Weird dude for sure.
Southlake
I have a similar story:

When I was in the Air Force, we were doing a City DV mission, flying San Diego city big wigs up and down the California coast. We parked on the ramp at Miramar and we were flight planning in the cockpit when the Distinguished Visitors bus drove up and they got out to wait to board.

Just about at the same time, one of our loadmasters unplugged the full waste reservoir right there on the ramp. A bluish tidal wave of human waste went rolling across the ramp right at the horrified executives. They scattered in their high heels and business suits - some back on the bus and some evading the effluence.

Fortunately, they all avoided the stuff and eventually boarded. They were even laughing and joking about it.

I thought it was the end of my career, but nothing was ever said about it.
xhippieliberalx
AG
Boodlum said:

nai06 said:

My cousin is also a huge DMB fan and has probably hit that many as well. He is also an even bigger Widespread Panic fan and will take off on week long trips to follow them around. Weird dude for sure.
I just saw Panic 3 nights in a row in Austin, ****ing great shows.
setsmachine
AG
If this happened today we'd have multiple up-close videos.
MAS444
AG
Panic - great. DMB - meh.
xhippieliberalx
AG
MAS444 said:

Panic - great. DMB - meh.
At least it's not Phish
Swarely
Happy dave matthews **** day!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.