Did you cheat in school?

5,951 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by lb3
lotsofhp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They were discussing Reggie Bush and the heisman situation on TexAgs radio today and it made me think about how I did a good amount of cheating all the way through high school and college.

I had a pretty bad habit of peeping smart kid's tests and seeing what they got when I wasn't sure about an answer. I did it way more than I like to admit.

I copied my fair share of homework too when I could get it off of someone.

I got caught twice. Once on a homework assignment which resulted in me getting a zero on it.

The other time was on a test. The teacher didn't dock me anything but she called me out by name in front of the class. "Eyes on your own paper lotsofhp". This was actually way more effective than the zero from the homework. I was super embarrassed.

She was pretty young and kind of hot. Actually kind of turns me on thinking about it now but that for another thread ha.

What about you TexAgs?
Mort Rainey
C@LAg
yes. accounting 2.

wrote on the back of an 882 scantron in very light and very small pencil abut a half page of notes.

was too chicken to actually use it, but i took the entire class time for the exam and did not have time to erase it.

turned it in as is, only remembering when i saw the notes on the back as it lay there on the desk. it was a Tu/Thu class so had the entire weekend and was sick to my stomach all 4 days.

then the following tuesday teacher waited until end of class to hand out test results (normally did first thing) and it does not help that my name is at the end of the alphabet,

worse 4 school days of my life.

got a high B on that test.

lesson learned.
george1992
Yes. I assume we talkin about all kinds of cheating.

It wasnt until after i graduated that i learned we dont lie cheat or steal. Would have been good info to a sophmore transfer like me that didnt attend any rah rah training.
Tanya 93
Does it count if I learned if I wore short skirts on test day in HS Physics, I would get an A because the teacher/football coach didn't think girls were smart enough to take honors physics?

And I knew I would never need it in college

I took the A
DustysLineup
AG
azul_rain
Let's see where do I begin, quizlet, chegg, coursehero . Oh and let's not forget the trusted corps test bank
Howdy Dammit
AG
I barely passed including cheating in every class. Don't drive across any bridges or go into any buildings in the Austin area
FIDO*98*
AG
My entire career I've collaborated with colleagues, utilized every resource available to do my job to the best of my abilities, and brought supporting materials to meetings and presentations. If I don't know the answer, I know where to find it quickly.

Sounds like you were preparing for life bro
cisgenderedAggie
Favorite scam growing up through HS was realizing when someone was cheating, completing work incorrectly, then going to town with an eraser after the cheating was finished.
hph6203
AG
Got sick my junior year of high school, lost 20 lbs and got down to 135 lbs at 6'2". Missed two weeks of school and when I got back I had to take a trigonometry test. I put a sheet of formulas on the floor next to my desk to reference.

Think if I had asked if I could use it the teacher possibly would've said yes. My mom was the head of the math department and friends with the teacher of that class.
lotsofhp
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

Favorite scam growing up through HS was realizing when someone was cheating, completing work incorrectly, then going to town with an eraser after the cheating was finished.

One of the girls I cheated off of all the time did this to me once.
denied
hedge said:

Let's see where do I begin, quizlet, chegg, coursehero . Oh and let's not forget the trusted corps test bank

Not cheating, that is studying and using resources to an advantage.

The closest I have ever gotten to cheating; during the dead time when everyone is told to put everything away I like to scribble furiously anything I can think of that might be on an exam, e.g. equations, formulas, steps, dates, etc. I have never been called on it, but I always feel a little dirty doing it.

That said, I can't stand irrefutable cheating, it sets me off and I will turn you in 100% of the time. Academic dishonesty/fraud is one of the greatest sins I think a person can commit. I have always been disappointed with the way profs and teachers end up handling it, and even used a q-drop at A&M because a prof refused to address it.
Slicer97
AG
Depends on who you ask.

She assumed we were exclusive. I assumed we were not. Since we apparently were not communicating clearly enough to be on the same page concerning such things, Imma go with my interpretation of the situation, so no, I did not.
LupinusTexensis
I never cheated off anyone. I like learning in general and liked being a student.

I did have a side hustle in high school writing papers and doing homework for the less academically inclined.
Eliminatus
AG
Never cheated but looking back, I probably should have on several occasions.

Sorry folks, a very large chunk of our education is completely pointless to that individual and I will stand by that to the day I die. Busting my ass in chemistry to get a C, pissed off knowing the jackasses in the back of the class are getting A's because they have old tests and studying from them is maddening. Did I learn valuable life lessons and put myself in good stead for the rest of my life from my dogged pursuit of righteous self learning and hard work?

**** no!

You are not living in this reality if you believe that garbage. It delayed me getting to TAMU by a year, cost me thousands of dollars, shattered my confidence in myself, and denied me my initial major choice in the end.
Texker
AG
Tempted but no.
Dr.Rumack
Nope. I did make Dr. Gopalakrishnan's week one time by simply writing at the bottom of my Organic Chemistry exam, 'I may not know this now, but I'll have plenty of time to study it when I'm living in a van down by the river.' I would never lie about that story, it's a great one and all true. We had a laugh about it at the mall one day when I ran into him.

Making those file cards you could take into Dr. Ford's physics exams and that ridiculous statistics class I had in the O&M Building basically made you memorize that stuff after you made the card five times over.
CrottyKid
AG
In high school Spanish, yes.
I sat next to the bulletin board, and before the test, I used a thumb tack to secure a full sheet of verb conjugation to the bulletin board in plain sight of everyone in the class. The teacher never noticed.
Muy bien!
TyHolden
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

I did have a side hustle in high school writing papers and doing homework for the less academically inclined.

What's your side hustle today?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was the smart one that would help my friends cheat, although on tests, I never had any of them risk it at A&M. Closest I came to cheating at A&M was some pretty aggressive homework/project "sharing" a few times m. But a creative person would call it "collaborating" vs. copying what someone already did
Old RV Ag
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I was the smart one that would help my friends cheat, although on tests, I never had any of them risk it at A&M. Closest I came to cheating at A&M was some pretty aggressive homework/project "sharing" a few times m. But a creative person would call it "collaborating" vs. copying what someone already did
Bad joke because people lost their lives, but it's still funny - my nephew was an engineering student at A&M an I asked about what might have gone wrong when the Challenger shuttle exploded. He said "probably the engineers didn't have a stolen solution manual to do the homework problems"
cisgenderedAggie
lotsofhp said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

One of the girls I cheated off of all the time did this to me once.

Good for her. Hope you learned your lesson. Even the dumbest ******s never took more than twice to figure it out.
racerfink
TyHolden
AG
racerfink said:

he almost made that show unwatchable.
JABQ04
AG
I got busted once in elementary school. We were doing area of shapes. For some reason it was absolutely foreign to me, so I copied my neighbor. He finished, turned in his paper,and left me in a bind to solve the last half of the assignment. So my dumb ass goes up to the teacher and says I don't understand. She immediately asks then how did I know the first dozen or so questions. I give the old deer in a headlights look, admit to copying after she asks. Get a note sent home, end up having my cousin sign it for my dad and that was the end of it. I'm sure there were other times, but can't remember any specific ones.

I also used to cram right until exam time, put my notes away when asked and as soon as I got my test would write any formulas or last minute notes on the test.

ETA. Definitely remember typing formulas and stuff into my TI-89 for calculus back in HS. Remember my grades it really didn't help. Maybe that's why she didn't think I was cheating.
infinity ag
Looks like all/most Aggies cheat, but self-righteously claim that Aggies don't when someone else does.
Anchorhold
It was easier to just read the material and not be a dumbass than to cheat.
azul_rain
Aggies don't lie, cheat and steal. We elaborate, collaborate and borrow
Tanya 93
infinity ag said:

Looks like all/most Aggies cheat, but self-righteously claim that Aggies don't when someone else does.

I wasn't an Aggie at the time and I just smiled at my A's and tried my best.

I think I legit earned a couple of B's on tests. But that was because I was teaching my nerd friend how to do cc debate for application padding for college.
So he tried to help me understand physics.

He is now a paleontologist
Eliminatus
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Does it count if I learned if I wore short skirts on test day in HS Physics, I would get an A because the teacher/football coach didn't think girls were smart enough to take honors physics?

I took the A

From this and other hints, I think we need a tell all post one day of yourself. Sounds like young Tanya was spicy Tanya and we need to know more.
C1NRB
AG
hedge said:

Aggies don't lie, cheat and steal. We elaborate, collaborate and borrow

I believe the last word you're looking for is "reallocate."
Tanya 93
Eliminatus said:

Tanya 93 said:

I took the A

From this and other hints, I think we need a tell all post one day of yourself. Sounds like young Tanya was spicy Tanya and we need to know more.

Some day I will tell you about my Mardi Gras beads from Chuck Norris.
Tanya 93 said:

Eliminatus said:

Tanya 93 said:

I took the A

Tanya just likes to tease a little and leave you hanging.
Tanya 93
42 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Eliminatus said:

Tanya 93 said:

I took the A

Tanya just likes to tease a little and leave you hanging.
Hey

We both know how I got those beads.

I earned them
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.