Athing Mu Losing Gap in Bowerman Vote to t.u. Athlete

2,077 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hbkyle
Look Out Below
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.ustfccca.org/2021/07/featured/the-bowerman-2021-fan-vote-update-july-19

Tara Davis of Texas is significantly cutting into what was Athing Mu's sizable lead in the Bowerman (Heisman of track & field) fan voting. With only one day of voting left, Mu only holds a 4% lead. We need to help push her across the finish line!

The result of this fan poll does earn the winner an actual vote for the Bowerman Award to be given out in December at the coaches convention.
GrayMatter
AG
vored!
Drawkcab
On the other thread about this I made a joke about whether or not the 5 people who watch Athing Mu are even on TexAgs, but uhhh, turns out this girl is fast!

Pass the crow please.
histag10
AG
It may have been this thread. Staff deleted a whole bunch of posts.

And yes- she is FAST. She was incredibly fun to watch run all year. She ran the 400 during the college season, not the 800.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Looks like voting is closed
TX AG 88
AG
I was far from an elite T&F athlete in high school, but as a 400m runner, i just cannot imagine moving up to 800m and being competitive. (They call that line the FINISH LINE for a reason!)

I can see mobility between 100m/200m/400m (although the one time i moved down to 200m was embarrassing).

I can also kinda see 800m runners and 1600m runners doing either. But 400/800 just blows my mind.
histag10
AG
TX AG 88 said:

I was far from an elite T&F athlete in high school, but as a 400m runner, i just cannot imagine moving up to 800m and being competitive. (They call that line the FINISH LINE for a reason!)

I can see mobility between 100m/200m/400m (although the one time i moved down to 200m was embarrassing).

I can also kinda see 800m runners and 1600m runners doing either. But 400/800 just blows my mind.

I think they said 800 used to be her event. Then she wanted to work on speed ahead if trials, so she spent her freshman year running the 400 (I believe she holds the NCAA record in indoor and outdoor now). Then decided to run the 800 for the olympics.

There is a TexAgs interview with her and Coach Henry that is really good.
hbkyle
AG
Drawkcab said:

On the other thread about this I made a joke about whether or not the 5 people who watch Athing Mu are even on TexAgs, but uhhh, turns out this girl is fast!

Pass the crow please.

Get on the freakin Athing Mu bandwagon! She is likely to be the most decorated Aggie athlete in history before she hangs up her running shoes.

And she seems like a great, very likable person. Great personality.

And she's just getting started!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.