Little League Parents

18,089 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agsalaska
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

oh my god i am staying in a hotel that is filled up with little league families EVERY WEEKEND. These trashy people let their kids run around shirtless and shoeless back and forth through the lobby and the hallways yto the pool. they come piling out of the elevator 10 at a time, and the parents are EXACTLY what you would imagine them to be. The little *******s are screaming in the halls and just causing a ****show. i hate them so much.

Sorry man. We are all just having fun.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
NoahAg
TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

If you think little league parents are bad you should see the select team parents. I've seen some of these wastes of oxygen get excited when their kid gets a "scholarship" to a junior college.

Just as a point of fact, juco baseball is typically very high-level and competitive baseball. They don't have the same scholarship limitations (jucos get 24 baseball scholarships vs. D1 programs limited to 11.7- plus at a juco they're required to be a full ride and not a partial scholarship) and if a kid goes off as a freshman he can immediately be drafted unlike playing at a 4-year college where if you get drafted and don't sign the contract out of HS you can't get drafted again until after your junior year.

It's a big reason why former A&M pitcher and now arguably the Astros top pitching prospect, Tyler Ivey, transferred from A&M to Grayson College. He got sideways with Childress, went to Grayson for a year, killed it, and then was a 3rd round pick by the Astros after his sophomore season.
Even still, just a fraction will be drafted. And a fraction of those will get a big MLB payday. So from a cost standpoint, if parents want to spend 10s of thousands of $$$ on Junior's select career to pursue their dream of making it big, more power to them. Just remember: That Associate's from Podunk Community College won't be much to fall back on.
Sea Speed
AG
agsalaska said:

Sea Speed said:

oh my god i am staying in a hotel that is filled up with little league families EVERY WEEKEND. These trashy people let their kids run around shirtless and shoeless back and forth through the lobby and the hallways yto the pool. they come piling out of the elevator 10 at a time, and the parents are EXACTLY what you would imagine them to be. The little *******s are screaming in the halls and just causing a ****show. i hate them so much.

Thats fine, just tell your kids to wear shirts and shoes in the non pool public areas.
agsalaska
AG
Sea Speed said:

agsalaska said:

Sea Speed said:

Thats fine, just tell your kids to wear shirts and shoes in the non pool public areas.

How about you worry about you and I'll worry about me and my kids.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agsalaska
AG
NoahAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

If you think little league parents are bad you should see the select team parents. I've seen some of these wastes of oxygen get excited when their kid gets a "scholarship" to a junior college.

Just as a point of fact, juco baseball is typically very high-level and competitive baseball. They don't have the same scholarship limitations (jucos get 24 baseball scholarships vs. D1 programs limited to 11.7- plus at a juco they're required to be a full ride and not a partial scholarship) and if a kid goes off as a freshman he can immediately be drafted unlike playing at a 4-year college where if you get drafted and don't sign the contract out of HS you can't get drafted again until after your junior year.

It's a big reason why former A&M pitcher and now arguably the Astros top pitching prospect, Tyler Ivey, transferred from A&M to Grayson College. He got sideways with Childress, went to Grayson for a year, killed it, and then was a 3rd round pick by the Astros after his sophomore season.
Even still, just a fraction will be drafted. And a fraction of those will get a big MLB payday. So from a cost standpoint, if parents want to spend 10s of thousands of $$$ on Junior's select career to pursue their dream of making it big, more power to them. Just remember: That Associate's from Podunk Community College won't be much to fall back on.

This is the most misunderstood point I see about select baseball. You are talking about a very small minority that think that way. The vast majority of parents who put their kids in Select baseball do it because it's fun and they believe it is good for the kids. Same reason they put them in league ball or piano lessons or theater or anything else.
Sea Speed
AG
If you kept your little booger pickers in line and didn't allow them to run around half clothed, barefoot and screaming for hours on end, I wouldn't have to worry about them.
agsalaska
Sea Speed
Sea Speed
tandy miller
AG
I wasn't good enough to play select
FJB
Sea Speed
AG
I'll get you a fake birth certificate and you could probably get a do-over
tandy miller
AG
Sea Speed said:

I'll get you a fake birth certificate and you could probably get a do-over

I still don't think I'm good enough to play
FJB
03_Aggie
agsalaska said:

NoahAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

This is the most misunderstood point I see about select baseball. You are talking about a very small minority that think that way. The vast majority of parents who put their kids in Select baseball do it because it's fun and they believe it is good for the kids. Same reason they put them in league ball or piano lessons or theater or anything else.

Lol. BS. The vast majority do it because they think their kids are too good to play with little leaguers.
tandy miller
AG
Which one of you is this
FJB
weebles2
AG
NoahAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

Most of the college kids I know who played Junior College baseball (my son being one of them) went on to get a Bachelor's degree at a 4 year university and in my son's case, a Masters degree. He is now out of college and holds down a very good job.

He played on a Junior College baseball team (LSU Eunice in 2015 and 2016) that won a National Championship in 2015. He learned an extremely good work ethic while balancing the grind of college baseball along with making good grades, which he did. People don't realize just how much pressure is put on these kids to win.

College baseball taught him a very strong work ethic and how to deal with adversity and overcome it, which he now uses in the real world to be successful.
agsalaska
AG
03_Aggie said:

agsalaska said:

NoahAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

Lol. BS. The vast majority do it because they think their kids are too good to play with little leaguers.

Now you are talking about two different things.

****ty league ball is absolutely a driving reason. But that's the fault of Little League, not the parents.
Wicked Good Ag
agsalaska said:

03_Aggie said:

agsalaska said:

NoahAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

****ty league ball is absolutely a driving reason. But that's the fault of Little League, not the parents.
curious as to why that is Little League fault. The basic premise is to allow every kid to play baseball. The All star teams are the ones that you see on TV. Its core mission isnt to be the best baseball in the regular season.
agsalaska
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

agsalaska said:

03_Aggie said:

agsalaska said:

NoahAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Salute The Marines said:

curious as to why that is Little League fault. The basic premise is to allow every kid to play baseball. The All star teams are the ones that you see on TV. Its core mission isnt to be the best baseball in the regular season.

Some of it is the fault of the league and some of it is just the nature of it.

One specific problem to the Little League organization is the idea of closed base against open base. They are completely wrong on that, especially in 12u. Closed base is for t-ball and coach pitch.

2nd problem is not enough games.

3rd specific to Little League is administrative but I'll let someone else speak to that.

But the main issue I think is most parents just like the Select better. It's more fun for the parents and for the kids. The kids get to play far more games, do it in more places, and with teammates they choose. Parents get to control the environment and have a lot of fun on weekends.

My son plays both. And our smaller town does struggle like the rest keeping kids in Rec ball. six of the ten on his select team play both. The parents who don't play their kids in both voted down rec not because of competition but because they wanted to control over who their kid plays with and plays for. And because we have a lot of fun on weekends

I didn't spell that out too well and hate typing in my phone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.