Whataburger Recipe

6,508 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by alamogeorge
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HossAg said:

The Whataburger patty melt is the greatest fast food menu item in the history of fast food menu items.

Freddy's patty melt is better. Texas toast is good, but a rye is the superior bread for a patty melt. You might disagree, but you'll need to be good with being wrong.
Slicer97
AG
Also, hedge was right. He's smarter than you. And that should make you feel bad about yourself.
FIDO*98*
AG
Slicer97 said:

HossAg said:

The Whataburger patty melt is the greatest fast food menu item in the history of fast food menu items.

Freddy's patty melt is better. Texas toast is good, but a rye is the superior bread for a patty melt. You might disagree, but you'll need to be good with being wrong.

This is 100% correct and not just because of the bread.
HossAg
AG
I bet if we added your IQ and hedge's IQ, we might have an average human's worth of IQ points.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The patty melt is awesome at Whataburger. The other burgers aren't anything special.
Mr. White
I guess the A1 Thick n Hearty is NEVER coming back?
HossAg
AG
Mr. White said:

I guess the A1 Thick n Hearty is NEVER coming back?

Same with the chophouse cheddar. It's been like 4 years at least for both of those.
Texker
AG
Slicer97 said:

HossAg said:

I haven't tried Freddy's yet but need to soon. Used to think Whataburger patty melt was good but then I tried Culver's The rye bread is a definite gamechanger.

While in CS last week we tried Mr. Hamburger. Really good greasy burger! The fries and chocolate shake were also on point. Just had a double-double but noticed they had a patty melt as well. Definitely going to try it in August.
Slicer97
AG
Give Carter's Burgers a shot.

Whataburger-style burger but you the patty actually tastes like beef.
MAROON
AG
BaitShack said:

I enjoyed their mushroom / swiss burger they did a year or three ago. They sprinkled it with magic dust.

Mushroom Swiss is in their every day menu and it's fricking glorious
Slicer97
AG
Because you taste the mushrooms & swiss and not the patties, right?
Slicer97
AG
HossAg said:

I bet if we added your IQ and hedge's IQ, we might have an average human's worth of IQ points.

We would not. I'm smart. I mean, really f'n smart. But dammit if hedge ain't an amazingly stupid sumbeech. I mean we're talking "it takes talent to be that stupid" type of stupid.
MAROON
AG
How often do you order a burger with nothing on it. Just meat and bread?
Slicer97
AG
Never. But if you go to the right places, you can taste a beefy patty(ies) along with everything else. Or, you can go to Whataburger and just taste everything else.
HossAg
AG
Slicer97 said:

HossAg said:

We would not. I'm smart. I mean, really f'n smart. But dammit if hedge ain't an amazingly stupid sumbeech. I mean we're talking "it takes talent to be that stupid" type of stupid.

I said add them, not average them. But I agree on the hedge assessment.
Slicer97
AG
Fair enough. If you add my IQ to a large enough negative IQ, it like cones out to average.
spicyitalian
AG
I eat Whataburger weekly, without a bun and have been for several years. There is a difference in quality and flavor from week to week, but rarely is it so bad that it's noticeable. Generally I can tell when they have a really good day. Compared to other places, their patties are above average.

Freddy's meat was better the few times I've been, and you can get it wrapped in a salad. It is a whole hell of a lot messier though.
RAB87
AG
jetch17 said:

A sh*tload of salt
Bite your tongue, traitor!
Scimitar
AG
Slicer97 said:

We would not. I'm smart. I mean, really f'n smart.

I mean, he's not wrong...dude's basically a redneck academic
80s Guy
Scimitar said:

Slicer97 said:

We would not. I'm smart. I mean, really f'n smart.

I mean, he's not wrong...dude's basically a redneck academic

Educated beyond his intelligence
Slicer97
AG
..l.-
Scimitar
AG
Why are you flagging your ring finger?
Sea Speed
AG
spicyitalian said:

I eat Whataburger weekly, without a bun and have been for several years. There is a difference in quality and flavor from week to week, but rarely is it so bad that it's noticeable. Generally I can tell when they have a really good day. Compared to other places, their patties are above average.

Freddy's meat was better the few times I've been, and you can get it wrapped in a salad. It is a whole hell of a lot messier though.

Well I guess we found the last person alive still doing the adkins diet.
Post removed:
by user
BurnetAggie99
Sea Speed
AG
I truly had no idea thats what keto was
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Most people that "follow keto" don't know what it is
alamogeorge
AG
The reason there are more varying opinions on Whataburger than there used to be is because each district has different quality control. If you live in a big city, you can find one location that sucks consistently and go across town and find another that is great all the time.

As a former fanboy, I can say that the company has plummeted as a whole in the past 10 years.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.