Vivint

2,571 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aglaohfour
Outdoorag011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone here use Vivint for home security? We are looking into different companies and would like some feedback from people who have used Vivint.
Duckhook
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

Anyone here use Vivint for home security? We are looking into different companies and would like some feedback from people who have used Vivint.

Check out their BBB rating and reviews. I did when I was considering using them and was glad I saw this first.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/provo/profile/burglar-alarm-systems/vivint-smart-home-1166-4002276/complaints
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Run...just broke up with them...they were like Glenn Close with a bunny in the pot!!!
bullagg61
AG
Worst company ever. Nothing worked as intended. I had to file a complaint with BBB to get out of the contract after trying to get them to fix things for almost a year. Do not use this company!
Ginormus Ag
AG
SimpliSafe.

The only problem I have had in 7 years is that my batteries corroded in the key pad. I called them and told them what happened and they sent me a new one for free. I was supposed to send back the damaged one, but trashed it. They called me a couple weeks later asking if I was going to send it back. I said oops I trashed it. They said oh well.
Username checks out.
Krazykat
AG
Blink by Amazon. Picked up the 5-camera system. Been happy with it so far.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I always liked their videos. No wait, that was Vivid.
azul_rain
thats the one with kim k right ?
DuncanLEO
Outdoorag011 said:

Holy hell do you have google? That company has a horrid reputation.
RAB87
AG
Ginormus Ag said:

SimpliSafe.

The only problem I have had in 7 years is that my batteries corroded in the key pad. I called them and told them what happened and they sent me a new one for free. I was supposed to send back the damaged one, but trashed it. They called me a couple weeks later asking if I was going to send it back. I said oops I trashed it. They said oh well.
This. SimpliSafe feels like small-company customer service. Very pleased.
MSL Ag
AG
My dad got suckered into a Vivint home security system on the house we lived in when I was in high school/college. My parents moved out about 6 years ago and the security account was supposed to be transferred over to the new owner. But he still gets threatening calls all the time from creditors about some bogus charges they say he still owes Vivint. Somehow I also get calls and texts about the same issue, no idea how they even have my number. So don't even consider that POS company for another second.

We have a ring system and are pretty happy with it. Only $10 a month for monitoring and works pretty seamlessly with other smart devices. But they get you with the up front costs associated with the equipment.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bondag
AG
If your house is pre-wired used Smith Thompson

If your house is not pre wired use simply safe
Whoop Delecto
AG
rwtxag83
AG
They suck. Don't do it.
Greater love hath no man than this....
aglaohfour
AG
Very pleased with SimpliSafe. Super easy to customize and add to the system as needed. Monitoring is reliable, customer service is good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.