Buttalion?

4,955 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HotardAg85
JR_83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any of you early 80s Ags remember The Buttalion? Seriously funny, sophomoric parody of The Battalion. Had same font, layout and style as Battalion and even deposited in Batt boxes for distribution. We were treated to such gems as the 12th Man Crippled Kick-Off team, led by Chet Ironsides.
The Dirty Sock
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
I remember it well. There were some VERY clever people writing in it back then. Those were the days of Karl Pallmeyer? and SWAMP and grass sitting on the MSC, and it was a welcome relief from the Leftism that was creeping in.

I remember there being an ad in the Buttalion stating that there was going to be a meeting of all of the AA students at school who were not on athletic scholarship, and that it was going to be held in a telephone booth outside of Rudder. Something tells me that wouldn't make it through the Offendosphere in this day and age of faux outrage.

Yes, I'm old.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I believe it's still on campus as The Battalion because that paper is ass my dude.
wbt5845
AG
A lot of time went into The Butt. For some odd reason, I still have a copy

And the handicapped kickoff team

ghollow
AG
That was some funny stuff back then
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
JR_83
I forgot about World University Status (WUS) and President Frankie Cadaver.....
Texker
AG
Yes, I have copies in my archives. Classic stuff.
Girlhowdy
AG
Aggieland in the 80's!
Shooter McGavin
AG
wbt5845 said:

A lot of time went into The Butt. For some odd reason, I still have a copy

And the handicapped kickoff team

Most impressive is not that you still have it, but the speed at which you could access it.
Well, okay then
AG
I recall an issue where they had the Butt staff all mooning the camera. There was something like "The Butt Staff" and maybe some names and then the mooning shot had the caption "The Staff's Butt."
wbt5845
AG
Well, okay then said:

I recall an issue where they had the Butt staff all mooning the camera. There was something like "The Butt Staff" and maybe some names and then the mooning shot had the caption "The Staff's Butt."
I've got that one. And I have my old Butt's stuck in my Aggielands, which are in the bookshelf in our living room.
Well, okay then
AG
wbt5845 said:

Well, okay then said:

I've got that one. And I have my old Butt's stuck in my Aggielands, which are in the bookshelf in our living room.
48jeep
Any chance we could get a scan of complete versions of these?

I know they were at cushings library, but I dont want to have to drive back and figure out parking and dig through the archive for a chuckle.

Got one of the actual desks from the Jim Earle era campus when they went on sale in drafting and want some swag to add to it.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/thebatt.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/e5/6e5f84f0-2ae3-11e9-86ad-bb8375c5c4d6/5c5c3ea793776.image.jpg?resize=640%2C500
Paul Dirac
I remember that. I think it was done on April Fool's Day?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
The next time someone waxes poetic about the good ole days at A&M I'm going to prove them wrong by showing them this thread.
48jeep
I got a little story for ya ags.

This one time, way back, Ol' Rock made funny jokes about things that hurt peoples feelings, and people laughed. Then one day, some new age church ladies came in and said "you cant make jokes anymore"

Ol' Rock moved into the country and retired and everybody was happy because there was no more fun, no hurt feelings, no jokes, nothing. Except Ol' Rock wasnt happy. Actually, most people wernt happy. There was no fun anymore. But Ol Rock is at his farm outside of College station, like Cincinnatus. Waiting.

I cant wait for the story when he returns, ags.
oldschool87
AG
JR_83 said:

Any of you early 80s Ags remember The Buttalion? Seriously funny, sophomoric parody of The Battalion. Had same font, layout and style as Battalion and even deposited in Batt boxes for distribution. We were treated to such gems as the 12th Man Crippled Kick-Off team, led by Chet Ironsides.

I was there ax handle in hand…. SWAMP

Chief of police. "We will make a hole thru the crowd for you. But if your Butt touch s that grass, we will arrest all of you for inciting a riot."

They left!! Sheriffs, fire dept, mayor, tv, it was a scene!!!!
DamnGood86
AG
I remember the classifieds being pretty good. Help wanted ads from profs looks for TAs, heavy on the T&A.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
Texker
AG
I have a few of the classics in archives.
duffelpud
AG
The religious school up the river has one that's probably more irreverent. Of course they have more material.
"What's this button do?"
JR_83
Didn't that actual Battalion put out their version called the Aggie Rag? I think in their version our football coach was named Jockey Shorts instead of Jackie Shearall. Or maybe I have those backwards...
48jeep
That NoZe thing looks profoundly boring. All I see on the site are year old articles larping about the Rittenhouse trial, Christianity, and anti-racism.

Might as well be the comedy troupe at any fortune 500 company.
HotardAg85
I remember the KKs were scrambling around campus grabbing as many of them as they could out of the Batt boxes before people could get them, even grabbing them out of people's hands which made a few people pretty mad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.