Interesting Combo at work yesterday, a real hat trick if you will...

4,879 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gilligan
Dr.Rumack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A. Dislike
B. Lack of Respect
C. Race-baiting (sp?)
D. Insubordination
E. Threat that I would resort to 'forcibly removing said person from a space'
F. Lack of awareness
G. C, E and B
F. All of the above

Context: happened in the workplace yesterday. Varying number of witnesses and ultimately two superiors to said instigating party.

Yes, I come here for all opinions (legal, friendly, sarcastic, realistic and honest.) After all this is the highly regarded, never equaled, GB.

I'll hang up now and listen.
FIDO*98*
AG
Were you drinking on the job or did you start after? You should just try and get some sleep
Lex
Tell the story or go away!
Madmarttigan
AG
Am I supposed to understand what is going on here?
ptothemo
AG
My legal, friendly, sarcastic, realistic, and honest opinion is that this thread sucks.
Gilligan
AG
Were you walking around with your peen hanging out of your scrubs again?

You've been warned...
Leeman
Pretty sure you can't go to work in black-face.
Claude!
I think we need a little more detail.
bmc13
AG

chimpanzee
It's like a build your own Mad Libs kit.
Claude!
chimpanzee said:

My go-to adjective was always "portly".
AliasMan02
AG
Do you not know what context is?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
So you were banging your ethnically non-white yet vague secretary and had to break it off for fear that your wife was on to you, she didn't take the news well, and your boss had to step in?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
This thread

A. Sucks
B. Is dumb
C. A and B
D. A, B, and C
E. Is the worst ever
F. Should result in a perma ban for OP
G. Will be a constant source of embarrassment for OP
H. All of the above
I. Is the result of OP having a small weiner
J. All of the above
NoahAg
A "hat-trick" is 3, but you listed 8 in your crappy non story.
JoeAggie5
Philo B 93
OP,
Random words. Snakes on an Airplane. The color blue. Be the best you can. King Kong. By Mennen.

I hope you understand what I'm saying. Get some sleep.
B-1 83
AG
I last checked this thread 11 replies ago......it hasn't improved.
Dr.Rumack
chimpanzee said:

That would make this thread easier to follow, I admit that. I'll work on that Mad Lib page tomorrow. Never heard one called a kit but hey, what do I know anyways.
It is quite the word salad of a post.
Back to the chaos that was my yesterday afternoon. Grab a beer and, let's read class.

As username implies, I wander around the hospital most days. During the roaming of which, I was summoned to a particular room that was for the most part not my responsibility. I had absolutely no idea what situation I was getting into. Takes a few seconds to figure it out. Wrong combination of medications then ordered by future obstinate escalator of possible serious problems.
Quick thinking corrects combination of medications. Without going into too many details, I end up asking the obstinate and decision making impaired provider to please leave the room multiple times after he has done, and continues to do potentially harmful sheet. He next bad move, is the one that will result is never having him in said rooms again. 'Are you saying that you are going to forcibly remove me from this room?' Wow, guy great choice of words there.
I continue shaking my head and ask for two more people to enter the room. One of them recognizes the fairly apparent situation and somewhat takes over. I slowly exit stage right and get on with my day.

It then takes me an hour or so to come to the realization that it had in fact occurred. It's the most dangerous thing I've seen that close in at least the last ten years.

Writing this I realized it sounds like the worst new version of Clue the Board Game combined wit one those Choose Your Own Adventure Books.

Cool if you didn't read for tldr reasons. I'm out for the night and will need every one of these next five hours of sleep.
Check in with y'all in the morning.
C@LAg
this is baitshack level bad
LupinusTexensis
I'm concerned doctors work such hours it turns sharp minds to whatever wrote that story. I want beginning of shift doctor.
The Fife
You need an attorney

Lex
I like half get your story. I get that you cant get specific. But we need a little more details. Like you are saying the sky is blue. Now, tell us about the clouds. Just a little bit more details so we can see why you read like a drunk old man belligerently babbling about something. I sincerely feel theres something interesting in this story that we arent seeing because you aren't giving the details.
Gilligan
AG
Cliff Notes:

Dude 1 gave patient bad combo of drugs. Our resident Dr. Rumack comes in and recognizes the problem and intervenes before a bad situation gets worse. Dude 1 isn't haven't any of this and Dr. Rumack asks that he leave the room. Dude 1 is a belligerent ass and potentially dangerous Dikfer. Combining Dr. Rumack's two posts - said interaction was witnessed by at least two supervisors so he should be ok with the outcome of the investigation if one were to occur.

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Dikfers are the absolute worst.
Gilligan
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Dikfers are the absolute worst.
Especially if around a Henway! Watchout!
Lex
I just want the tea. Stupid hippa and privacy.
Dr.Rumack
LupinusTexensis said:

I'm concerned doctors work such hours it turns sharp minds to whatever wrote that story. I want beginning of shift doctor.

I'm very much a 'shift' MD. That's why I do what I do what I do. Hope not to see any of y'all this weekend. Stay safe.
Dr.Rumack
We call Provider No. 2 Droopy if that helps. He is a very dangerous CRNA. Dumbass wonders why AAs are in the pipeline to take their jobs whilst having less than half the debt they do. He put in his notice as expected. I'm still mulling whether to take it higher. He has no business being a 'provider.'
Dr.Rumack
The Fife said:

You need an attorney

My lawyer was made abreast of the situation 45 min. after this asshatery.
Madmarttigan
AG
What hospital is this so I know where to not be taken
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

As username implies, I wander around the hospital most days. During the roaming of which, I was summoned to a particular room that was for the most part not my responsibility. I had absolutely no idea what situation I was getting into. Takes a few seconds to figure it out. Wrong combination of medications then ordered by future obstinate escalator of possible serious problems.
Quick thinking corrects combination of medications. Without going into too many details, I end up asking the obstinate and decision making impaired provider to please leave the room multiple times after he has done, and continues to do potentially harmful sheet. He next bad move, is the one that will result is never having him in said rooms again. 'Are you saying that you are going to forcibly remove me from this room?' Wow, guy great choice of words there.
I continue shaking my head and ask for two more people to enter the room. One of them recognizes the fairly apparent situation and somewhat takes over. I slowly exit stage right and get on with my day.

I really liked the part where you made the patient your first priority, assured them that they would be OK, and told them you would check back with them later, as well as having a hospital administrator stop by to follow up on the situation.
Dr.Rumack
Many times a week I give patients my cell number. This way if something persists they don't bug their family doctor or worse yet show up to the ED.
doctorAg13
AG
If he is truly an impaired provider then there is a duty to him and to his patients to notify someone up the chain, even if he is no longer employed at your place (the whole impaired physician/provider action protocol). If he's just incompetent, then that may well be revealed in the process or a board referral may be needed if you think he has no business being a provider, impairment or not.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Red Rover
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

Many times a week I give patients my cell number. This way if something persists they don't bug their family doctor or worse yet show up to the ED.

So to summarize- you give your cell phone number to female patients so they won't have to return to the Erectile Dysfunctional husband that can't satisfy their emotional needs? What kind of a doctor are you, exactly?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.