ATTN: All you *******s who complain about getting Amber alerts from far away places

3,831 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by joerobert_pete06
Drawkcab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One just went out for College Station. Look alive!
wbt5845
AG
I have that alarm turned off
BaitShack
AG
Another parent abduction.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's almost always some tool violating a court order with their child.
NoahAg
I'll take a stab at this one:

-16 year old Bryan High female. Didn't show up for Zoom class today.
-25 year old male from Navasota.
-Last seen in his '95 two-toned Silverado.
-Located at College Station Palace Inn.
Tanya 93
BaitShack said:

Is this a bad thing to report?
BaitShack
AG
Tanya 93 said:

BaitShack said:

Is this a bad thing to report?
Not at all. But can we stick to the news instead of blowing up everyone in the State of Texas phones.

One a side note, I'm getting old and grizzled.
azul_rain
Wbt
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Drawkcab
wbt5845 said:

I have that alarm turned off

You're one of the *******s I'm talking to.
swc93
AG
I have trouble finding my car in a parking lot; you think I am going to remember that the driver of a 2010 silver Ford Focus with license plate MVW 639 is taking off with his son against the mom's will?

Unless the ****er is driving below the speed limit in the left lane; I ain't even going to notice.
wbt5845
AG
NoahAg said:

I'll take a stab at this one:

-16 year old Bryan High female. Didn't show up for Zoom class today.
-25 year old male from Navasota.
-Last seen in his '95 two-toned Silverado.
-Located at College Station Palace Inn.

3 year old girl
Abducted by the mother
Highlander Toyota 2006, White, SUV
Texas license plate #MWS8187

You were actually not that far off.
ToddyHill
AG
Wow, I'm surprised by the replies. I guess I'm old. I was 39 with three young daughters in 1996 when Amber Hagerman was abducted and murdered about 15 miles from my home. I now live in Tennessee...and when I get Amber Alerts I still think of the brutality of her murder, that the murder has never been solved, and how terrible it still must be for those she left behind. Go hug your kids the next time you get an Amber Alert. .
cr0wbar
AG
not my amber, not my problem
Flashdiaz
AG
instead of sending mass texts, can't they just use technology to find the cell phone signal? Doubt these folks are smart enough to turn off their phones.

Looks easy enough in the movies and i'm sure they can use a satellite cameras to track them and see in the car.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Flashdiaz said:

instead of sending mass texts, can't they just use technology to find the cell phone signal? Doubt these folks are smart enough to turn off their phones.

Looks easy enough in the movies and i'm sure they can use a satellite cameras to track them and see in the car.

Yes and no.

Really depends on the phone and if location services are on. Then you can maybe get an exact position, but the service provider will want a warrant and you have to deal with their people. If location services are off, they can look at what towers the phone is pinging and triangulate it, though not exactly. It's not like cops can just ever a phone number into a computer and find someone.

This also assumes they know who the person is. If they don't, the best they could do is review all of the phones in the area for any that are seemingly out of place or have irregular behavior based on location history (phone xyz has never been within 10 miles of this location but was there at the same time and day or phone abc is there often but suddenly decided to drive somewhere it has never been). That also requires providers and others collecting the location history (Apple and Google) to cooperate, which they generally don't because they'd be giving out a broad amount of information on random, uninvolved people. For them the request of, "What phones were in 2 block radius of ______?" is too broad of a request and they will generally fight it.

As for the satellite thing, just no.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
This is why I put my phone in airplane mode when doing abducting activities.
C@LAg
Is there some secret international cabal that is only kidnapping girls named Amber?

Why is there no Charlotte alert?

or Brayden alert?
Cramp00
Every time I get an Amber alert Im disappointed to find that my wife hasn't taken off w the kids.
aglaohfour
AG
Some of you people have never had a BSC ex run off with your kids intending to never let you see them again, and it shows.
tk for tu juan
A mom with a white SUV, did they end up finding her in the LuLu Lemon parking lot or Chick-Fil-A drive thru?
expresswrittenconsent
Some people make bad life decisions repeatedly, like over sharing personal info, and it shows.
Post removed:
by user
Tanya 93
C@LAg said:

Is there some secret international cabal that is only kidnapping girls named Amber?

Why is there no Charlotte alert?

or Brayden alert?
Bad bull
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
cr0wbar said:

not my amber, not my problem
All this time I thought it was the color Amber, like all those Homeland Security warning colors.
DargelSkout
AG
Amber alerts have become like car alarms. They happen so frequently people have become numb to them.
joerobert_pete06
AG
My issue is when they go out early morning when everyone are asleep.... makes no sense
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.