Whats your "Oh no I've got to get the hell outta here right now" story?

13,794 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Last Cobra Commander
Seersucker Ag 2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Win At Life said:

Was at a bar when some guy asks if I was the one who stole the KA charter and trashed their house (I did). It appears I was obviously pointed out by someone who knew me and not many at that bar knew I had done it. Shortly, several of his friends show up and surround me. I cut the tension by saying it was good bull and gave their pledge class something to do to take ownership of the fraternity and build loyalty. They realized they couldn't just kick my ass right there in front of a bunch of witnesses. Slipped past a couple of them and tried to hide in the crowd on my way to the door. A group of them followed me out to the parking lot, but I ducked between a row of cars and got away. I don't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass, but I know how many they were going to use. That's a pretty handy piece of information to have right there. That was one of at least a half dozen times I really deserved to have my ass kicked in college, but managed to avoid. Good times.

Username checks out
JMac03
AG
One time I was leaving work and there were cops EVERYWHERE. You could tell they were searching for someone. Well I get to the highway not far from there and there was this vehicle driving very erratically, kids not in seatbelts, etc. I start videoing them on my cell. They exited my exit. I thought I was being inconspicuous but apparently not because they put their car in park and he got out of his car and walked up to my car. I was about to poo my pants. He suddenly walked back to his car and left. I drove around for a bit to make sure I wasn't being followed. Two weeks from then I got my conceal carry license.

The issue was is I was trapped in. I had cars on my right, in front and behind. I could get into left lane because I was boxed in. I now make sure to leave more room in between cars if possible.
End Of Message
AG
Win At Life said:

Was at a bar when some guy asks if I was the one who stole the KA charter and trashed their house (I did). It appears I was obviously pointed out by someone who knew me and not many at that bar knew I had done it. Shortly, several of his friends show up and surround me. I cut the tension by saying it was good bull and gave their pledge class something to do to take ownership of the fraternity and build loyalty. They realized they couldn't just kick my ass right there in front of a bunch of witnesses. Slipped past a couple of them and tried to hide in the crowd on my way to the door. A group of them followed me out to the parking lot, but I ducked between a row of cars and got away. I don't know how many of them it would have taken to kick my ass, but I know how many they were going to use. That's a pretty handy piece of information to have right there. That was one of at least a half dozen times I really deserved to have my ass kicked in college, but managed to avoid. Good times.

I think I know you
harge57
AG
My clients office was across the street from a federal reserve building. One day I was sitting at my desk and an announcement came over the intercom and said that a there was a bomb threat reported across the street and to move away from the windows. Of course everyone rushes to the windows to see the bomb squad guy walking around in his huge suit.

I looked around at my crappy office job and thought screw this. Promptly walked down the stairs and several blocks over and took a 3 hour lunch.

Turns out the bomb squad ended up setting off an explosion to disarm the expected bomb.
chickencoupe16
AG
Ag with kids said:

Back in 2015, I'd gone to Paris for work. We had a simulator at the Paris Airshow.

Well, we had a day off during the time we were there and the pilot and I decided to do a walking tour of Paris. We walked all over the place.

Finallly, we came up to the Arc de Triumph from the south because we'd just been at the Eiffel Tower (this piece of info is actually really important to the story).

So we get to the traffic circle around the Arc and start walking west around it, trying to find a way to get to the actual Arc.

All of a sudden, there is no traffic in the circle. The pilot says Hey, let's go now and proceeds to take off across the circle. Like the dumbass I am, I followed him.

All of a sudden, here comes the traffic - and if you've never seen it, it's about 8 lanes of vehicles and I don't think there are actually any road rules in Paris. We both yell **** and start doing our fastest version of Frogger that we could do.

Seemed like an eternity, but it was just about 30-45 sec and we finally made it to the Arc and out of the traffic circle. Some guy on a motorcycle stopped and yelled at us. I assumed he was praising us for being so good at Frogger.

Turns out there's a tunnel that goes from the north side of the Champs Elysees under the circle that gets you to the Arc. Wish we'd come THAT way when we arrived.

Moral of the story: When a Marine experimental test pilot says let's go now, DON'T.

I went to Paris with a student group in high school. Nearly all of the 30 or so others were from the Metroplex, places like Trophy Club, Arlington, and Mansfield. I'm from a small town 30 minutes away from anywhere considered to be the Metroplex.

So anyway, we get to the Arc de Triomph, look around, and can't figure out how to get across. It's obvious to me, though: you wait for a break in the traffic and go across. The rest of the group is hesitant, so I wait and then calmly walk across. I'm on the other side before the next wave of cars is in sight.

So the group waits for the next break and follows my example. They get about half way across and a wall of motorcycles and mopeds appears. There's terror in their eyes and they begin to run. The motorcycles hit them and it's chaos. Thankfully, no one is hurt and they finally reach safety.

Well, we do our tourist things and get ready to leave. We all line up at the edge of the road and are waiting for the next break in traffic when a French cop walks up and directs us to the tunnel.
Ag with kids
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

Ag with kids said:

Back in 2015, I'd gone to Paris for work. We had a simulator at the Paris Airshow.

Well, we had a day off during the time we were there and the pilot and I decided to do a walking tour of Paris. We walked all over the place.

Finallly, we came up to the Arc de Triumph from the south because we'd just been at the Eiffel Tower (this piece of info is actually really important to the story).

So we get to the traffic circle around the Arc and start walking west around it, trying to find a way to get to the actual Arc.

All of a sudden, there is no traffic in the circle. The pilot says Hey, let's go now and proceeds to take off across the circle. Like the dumbass I am, I followed him.

All of a sudden, here comes the traffic - and if you've never seen it, it's about 8 lanes of vehicles and I don't think there are actually any road rules in Paris. We both yell **** and start doing our fastest version of Frogger that we could do.

Seemed like an eternity, but it was just about 30-45 sec and we finally made it to the Arc and out of the traffic circle. Some guy on a motorcycle stopped and yelled at us. I assumed he was praising us for being so good at Frogger.

Turns out there's a tunnel that goes from the north side of the Champs Elysees under the circle that gets you to the Arc. Wish we'd come THAT way when we arrived.

Moral of the story: When a Marine experimental test pilot says let's go now, DON'T.

I went to Paris with a student group in high school. Nearly all of the 30 or so others were from the Metroplex, places like Trophy Club, Arlington, and Mansfield. I'm from a small town 30 minutes away from anywhere considered to be the Metroplex.

So anyway, we get to the Arc de Triomph and dominant, we can't figure out how to get across. It's obvious to me, though: you wait for a break in the traffic and go across. The rest of the group is hesitant, so I wait and then calmly walk across. I'm on the other side before the next wave of cars is in sight.

So the group waits for the next break and follows my example. They get about half way across and a wall of motorcycles and mopeds appears. There's terror in their eyes and they begin to run. The motorcycles hit them and it's chaos. Thankfully, no one is hurt and they finally reach safety.

Well, we do our tourist things and get ready to leave. We all line up at the edge of the road and are waiting for the next break in traffic when a French cop walks up and directs us to the tunnel.
It's a crazy sight when you look up and see that wall of cars heading your way. I touched about half a dozen as they passed by me.

BTW, what small town?
chickencoupe16
AG
Yeah, it was horrifying and hilarious to watch!

Grandview
Ag with kids
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

Yeah, it was horrifying and hilarious to watch!

Grandview
Hah...I know that town well.

My ex wife lives there. And now my middle boy, his wife, and my grandson live there.
chickencoupe16
AG
What are the chances!? It was a great place to grow up and I think I want to get back there someday, but I also worry about it's growth. I'm sure I'm just one in millions that's said something similar, though.
Win At Life
AG
Zim, zam, got dam
I'm a part-time preacher now
Life is so strange
Gus Fring
Was at a bar on the west end of northgate now closed down. Saw a younger guy than me, being yelled at by some fraternity member older than him, so I walked a little bit closer and the older guy was cussing him out and said something to the effect of "you are a piece of s*** JI (just initiated)" When the older guy walked away, I said "that was a little harsh" and he turned to me and said "yeah I don't even go to school here I go to UT." I was joking but looked serious and said well then "get the hell out of my face". A few minutes later when I had walked away from my friends to go the bathroom the younger guy walked up to me with 4-5 of his buddies and said, "you still want to talk *****!" Realizing i was completely over matched 4/5-1, I looked at the young guys who were all ready to pound me, thought of something to say quickly and sneered back "you know this is my night off I am trying to enjoy myself for once, and as the manager of this bar. I need to see all of your IDs right now?!!!!" They all looked stunned, so i grabbed the original young guys drink, drank it all in one gulp and said "get the hell out of my bar right now." They all left with their tails between their legs.
Unemployed
AG
Gus Fring said:

Was at a bar on the west end of northgate now closed down. Saw a younger guy than me, being yelled at by some fraternity member older than him, so I walked a little bit closer and the older guy was cussing him out and said something to the effect of "you are a piece of s*** JI (just initiated)" When the older guy walked away, I said "that was a little harsh" and he turned to me and said "yeah I don't even go to school here I go to UT." I was joking but looked serious and said well then "get the hell out of my face". A few minutes later when I had walked away from my friends to go the bathroom the younger guy walked up to me with 4-5 of his buddies and said, "you still want to talk *****!" Realizing i was completely over matched 4/5-1, I looked at the young guys who were all ready to pound me, thought of something to say quickly and sneered back "you know this is my night off I am trying to enjoy myself for once, and as the manager of this bar. I need to see all of your IDs right now?!!!!" They all looked stunned, so i grabbed the original young guys drink, drank it all in one gulp and said "get the hell out of my bar right now." They all left with their tails between their legs.
Did you make that part up?
Gus Fring
RealTalk said:

Gus Fring said:

none of it is made up.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
This didn't happen to me, but to a couple of business associates. For starters, I grew up in Weslaco. My mother was originally from Donna and I had relatives who were farmers south of Donna. I was very familiar with the Donna scene.

Anyway, after college I eventually moved back to the RGV and built a chain of franchises. A new franchisee eventually built a unit in Donna. He didn't do well and somehow convinced his landlord that he could own half the business for $50K. Totally violating his franchise agreement. About a week after he gets the $50K he takes off and disappears with the money. The landlord owns half the town...if you get my drift. He decides he's going to operate the unit, but is cut off by the franchisors commissary, so he buys substandard product and continues to operate. Well, corporate has a big problem with this as he's still using our signage and trademarks.

One day a couple of guys from corporate show up at my office in McAllen and explain the situation. They tell me they are heading to Donna to tell the guy to take down our signage and to quit using our name. They are gone a couple of hours then show back up at my office....big eyed and shaken to their core. They proceed to tell me they met with the landlord in the parking lot and let him know what needs to be done. He's obviously angered and makes a quick phone call....speaking in Spanish. They then get into an argument, but within 2 minutes 4 cars show up at the scene surrounding the corporate guys rental. Two men in each car get out with weapons. Corporate guys crap their britches. Landlord tells them to get the hell out of there and to never send someone to Donna again.

As they relay the whole episode to me I strive real hard not to bust out with laughter. (I had previously advised them that this particular franchisee was no bueno, but that fell on deaf ears). After their story, still quite visibly shaken, they ask me what I think they should do. That's when I smiled and said, "First thing, you never go back to Donna because you'll find yourself floating down the river." That's when their eyes glazed over and jaws dropped.
HBCanine08
AG
Big Tuna said:

The one that comes to mind was in college during spring break.

We were going to spend the week at SPI via Norman in 1998. A number of guys in the group were pretty strong potheads, myself somewhat included. One of the guys was from Weslaco. We were looking for some weed for the week - we had dropped a bunch on the highway bc we thought we were being watched by HiPo. And by "some weed", I mean a pound of the dank. The guy from Weslaco indicated he had a guy who knew other guys we could buy weed from. I drunkenly agreed to be a part of this buy.

We drive our friend's new Tahoe to some random place in what seemed to be in the middle of nowhere near the border. In the vehicle are myself, the owner of the vehicle, our Hispano friend from Weslaco, and his Hispanic friend from the area. We pull up to this house. I am sitting shotgun. Out comes three (or so) gentlemen dressed in dark clothing, yelling not in English. I had my window down. Mexican friend of a friend gets out and talks to two guys. Third guy comes up to my window, causally puts his pistol on the window frame, pointed right at me. Lots of Spanish being spoken. Me, not moving and sobering up.

I remember the pillow bag of weed being thrown into my lap from the drivers side and getting the **** out of there.
Scruffy
AG
proc said:

Years ago I took my wife to a dive bar, because dive bar. One of the patrons recognized me as a prosecutor and started chatting me up about criminal justice. The owner/bartender came over on the other side of me and introduced herself, saying her name was "Emergency" and looking me right in the eyes. I promptly paid my tab in cash and GTFO.
Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't get it.
Shakes the Clown
Poster and/or his legal team prob prosecuted bar patron and patron recognized him. Bartender realized this and knew there could be trouble soon for poster.
Scruffy
AG
Gotcha.
Thanks.
The Shank Ag
hillcountryag86 said:

1993, on I-35 just north of Ok City, just before dark, driving with wife and two-yr-old. All of a sudden, skies got pitch black, roaring winds, and pelting rain. Turned on the radio to hear reporter talking of a massive tornado north of Ok City.

She is screaming, "If you are in these counties, take shelter immediately! We are driving and have no idea what county we are in or the counties around us. Decided to turn around and find shelter in the city but the median was flooded and it seemed like an eternity to find a crossover we could pass. The radio is still screaming about taking immediate shelter.

We were petrified.

Even when I finally turned around, I still had to find a hotel or someplace to hunker down. Sideways rain and wind made it tough to stay on and even see I-35.

Finally found a hotel and clerk immediately sent us to the basement where we waited things out. About 30 minutes later, this family walks in, all beat up and bleeding. Said they were in a closet in their house and everything just exploded around them. Remember giving them our son's diaper bag as they had an infant.

About as white knuckled as I've ever been.
Mine is close to this.

Driving from Ft Worth to Cleburne. Nearly back to the house when people start texting me asking if I was ok. I look up and just see a wall of wind and debris swerling about 500 feet in front of me. I slam on the breaks and pull a U turn, start driving 80 mph down a semi-residential rode that has a 40 mph limit in the opposite direction. Had lightning not flashed at exactly the right time, i probably wouldn't have seen the tornado until I drove into it.

Tornado dissipates, and I head towards the house. Normal way is blocked by down tree. Drive over two downed power lines. Make it back to a house with most the roof gone, all the windows shattered. Nearly a tear down, but was rebuilt.

Grabbed the cats and dog and made it to my grandparents house.

Next morning, all 4 tires were flat with multiple nails/screws in them.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
The Shank Ag said:

hillcountryag86 said:

1993, on I-35 just north of Ok City, just before dark, driving with wife and two-yr-old. All of a sudden, skies got pitch black, roaring winds, and pelting rain. Turned on the radio to hear reporter talking of a massive tornado north of Ok City.

She is screaming, "If you are in these counties, take shelter immediately! We are driving and have no idea what county we are in or the counties around us. Decided to turn around and find shelter in the city but the median was flooded and it seemed like an eternity to find a crossover we could pass. The radio is still screaming about taking immediate shelter.

We were petrified.

Even when I finally turned around, I still had to find a hotel or someplace to hunker down. Sideways rain and wind made it tough to stay on and even see I-35.

Finally found a hotel and clerk immediately sent us to the basement where we waited things out. About 30 minutes later, this family walks in, all beat up and bleeding. Said they were in a closet in their house and everything just exploded around them. Remember giving them our son's diaper bag as they had an infant.

About as white knuckled as I've ever been.
Mine is close to this.

Driving from Ft Worth to Cleburne. Nearly back to the house when people start texting me asking if I was ok. I look up and just see a wall of wind and debris swerling about 500 feet in front of me. I slam on the breaks and pull a U turn, start driving 80 mph down a semi-residential rode that has a 40 mph limit in the opposite direction. Had lightning not flashed at exactly the right time, i probably wouldn't have seen the tornado until I drove into it.

Tornado dissipates, and I head towards the house. Normal way is blocked by down tree. Drive over two downed power lines. Make it back to a house with most the roof gone, all the windows shattered. Nearly a tear down, but was rebuilt.

Grabbed the cats and dog and made it to my grandparents house.

Next morning, all 4 tires were flat with multiple nails/screws in them.
Is that when you said, "Well, I'll be a shanked Ag"?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Gus Fring said:

RealTalk said:

Gus Fring said:

all of it is made up.
FIFY
Hendrix
AG
Lower Greenville in Dallas early 2000s. 2am drunk eating outdoors on the patio at the taco cabana. Watching a club across the street when a fight breaks out. Two gun shots later and a guy was bleeding to death on the sidewalk. We exited quickly.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG

"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
JoeAggie5
I was camping with my sons and we knew there would be bad weather the next day, but like midday. We were on private property and the guy on charge gets on the bullhorn at 5:30AM and says, "we have a massive storm headed this way, if you don't leave in 30 minutes, then you aren't leaving and we all need to get to high ground."

I had been to this area before and it flash flooded on us and it took all day to clean up, find things, etc so I was like oh hell no. I woke all my boys up, tossed the entire tent with everything in it in the back of the truck and we got out of there. We ended up driving through it, worst weather I ever drove through. We were on 21 between Bastrop and Giddings and I couldn't find a shoulder to stop on because I could hardly see the road or any places to stop beside ranch entrances so I just kept on driving, that lasted about 30 minutes.
The Fife
The Last Cobra Commander said:

Nothing says "no insurance" quite like that. Or paper tags, but this one's more obvious.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
The Fife said:

Nothing says "no insurance" quite like that. Or paper tags, but this one's more obvious.

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at here.

A) You're in post apocalyptic Australia
B) That's some sort of tornado chasing rig
C) That's some cobbled together POS that has no business being street legal
Shakes the Clown
D) it's from the future - our poor and Socialist Future
Dr.Rumack
SWC Ag said:

Thought those were curb feelers on the side until I realized it was just the streaks on your window. Either way the answer is:

E) Cardboard boat on a go kart.
John Francis Donaghy
SWC Ag said:

I'm guessing B. Looks like a tornado rig to me. Not a good one. But that's their problem I guess.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
What y'all are seeing is a first gen tornado interceptor, Pic was taken with a blackberry pearl circa 2007 while I was driving back from Fort Sill. Just south of the Red River this guy pulls up leading a convoy of Mad Max looking vehicles. A classmate and I heading to DFW began to question our route choice instantly. Fortunately, just as we were ready to bail to the south to get clear of the adrenaline junkies they peeled off north onto a farm road never to be seen again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.