Help Me TACKLE ALZHEIMER'S- BvB Dallas- Let's do it again!

9,226 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AliasMan02
BlueAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://givebutter.com/bvbdallas2021/the-blue-team-1/tawnyalonzo

I am so excited to be a Captain for the Blue Team in my THIRD YEAR with BVB Dallas! I am honored to represent my team, this amazing organization, and the millions in the country affected by Alzheimer's Disease. It is truly going to take a team effort to TACKLE ALZ!

BvB Dallas is a young-professional organization that hosts a powder-puff football game for a day of fun, fellowship, philanthropy and enjoyment as a way of raising money for Alzheimer's research and awareness. Founded by sisters whose father was afflicted by Alzheimer's, BvB is a personal way for young professionals across the country to raise awareness, funds and support to TACKLE ALZHEIMER'S FOREVER.

Every 65 seconds someone in the US is diagnosed, and 5.7 million Americans are currently living with this disease. This number is expected to rise in coming years. By giving to BvB Dallas, you are giving directly to beneficiaries in the DFW area who provide care to those affected and are making amazing strides in research. Without you, their work could not continue.

COVID-19 completely turned our world upside down last year, but despite the challenges (our game was cancelled), we were able to press forward to raise a QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS for the cause. Personally, I was able to raise $7,400 because of the amazing generosity and philanthropic spirit of those around me...TexAgs and Aggies in general providing about 99% of that! With your help, we were able to fund our two amazing beneficiaries....UT Southwestern and The Senior Source.

Today, I am asking you for you to join our winning team and help with something that is very important to me, BvB Dallas. Whether you are able to donate $5 or $500, I would love your support in my continued fight against Alzheimer's Disease. Our beneficiaries need your help now more than ever. The fight isn't over and BvB Dallas won't stop until we've hit the endzone.

In 2021, we are hoping to get things back on track. This year, we will be back in the Cotton Bowl on August 7, 2021 playing our flagship football game! Your donation of $25 or more gets you a seat at the game and to enjoy a night of fun and celebration in getting closer to the goal of eradicating Alzheimer's Disease.

As always, my goal is to honor those who have been affected by Alzheimer's Disease. I'll be playing with my Grandpa Cliff's name on my arm, but also want to honor your loved one. With your donation, please let me know who you want me to play for and I'll ensure their name makes it on my arm for game day. This game is ALWAYS for them.

Thank you for all of your continued support!

This year's platform is a little different. We're on GiveButter, but the process is pretty much the same. If you feel more comfortable giving via Venmo, feel free to donate by sending to @TawnyAlonzo. I will make sure it is applied to our overall fundraising. Please click the link below to give!!!

azul_rain
Post a pic
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Camo
Kudos to you Blue, I donated last year and will again this year. Truly an awful and disgusting disease

Lost my Dad to Alzheimer's this past November, he was only 64. Quite young (top 1%) when he was diagnosed at 59. TAMU class of '79

thanks for sharing
BlueAg2003
AG
Camo, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Truly saddening. My father's battle with dementia continues to trend downward, so I can certainly understand your grief. Your donation in this fight is SO APPRECIATED. THANK YOU. Make sure you get me your dad's name. He'll be with me on gameday.
BlueAg2003
AG
Our ladies in action:

And one of me for fun....(#12 for the 12th man of course!)

Now, let's get that donation!
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've never met her, but BlueAg seems like very good people
BlueAg2003
AG
Thank you friend! I try. And for anyone who donates, if you're in the DFW area...I'm happy to buy you a beer in person! My way of saying thank you!
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm in CS, but next time you make it here we should grab a beer at the Chicken or something. We used to have GB meet ups during the weekend of the TexAgs Kickoff event
azul_rain
Number 11
BlueAg2003
AG
Sounds good to me! I'm looking to get down to a baseball game this year. It's been way too long! I'd love to show thanks to my B/CS folks too.

This year is critical for our organization because of the hit we took last year. We need y'all as much as ever and I just want to show my appreciation for all TexAgs has done over the past couple of years.
BlueAg2003
AG
I'll tell her you said hello.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Best of luck! I made a donation. I think somebody that I lived next door to 10-12 years ago was on your team last year (or maybe it was 2 years ago). I seem to remember her posting about it on FB
BlueAg2003
AG
Thank you so much! I wonder if I know her?
hillcountryag86
AG
I both hate this annual thread and absolutely applaud it and all of BlueAg's efforts.

It's a reminder of losing my Dad, '49, to this stunningly cruel disease. Dementia at only 59 and dead of Alzheimer's at 72.

He lived way too long.

But I sincerely appreciate her diligence in raising funds and awareness for the cause.

Thank you, BlueAg.
BlueAg2003
AG
I am so sorry for the painful reminder each year. I hate that this even has to be a cause. I really do. It is ugly and brutal for both the person suffering with the disease and all involved in caregiving. I've been there with my grandpa and am now dealing with the dementia with my father.

I've said it before, but I lost my mom to a sudden brain aneurysm and that is preferable every single day of the week. To hear the stories on here and recount my own experiences with the disease in my family is really painful. I applaud every person on here who has helped their family member. I always aim to honor you and your loved one in this process. I could not do this without your support, donations, and willingness to share such personal accounts of the way this disease has forever changed your families.

I am truly blessed in getting to be a part of this fight.
azul_rain
Tell her, hedge said whats up
BlueAg2003
AG
And for those who are hesitant to donate, please know I put my money where my mouth is. Last year, I took on a second job as an Uber Eats driver and donated $1000 to the organization myself. That's how much this matters to me. I don't ever want anyone to think I'm just out here looking for a handout!
Shakes the Clown
hedge
Shakes the Clown

Oh, and sharp elbows, will not donate!

j/k, will donate on that butter thingy.
BlueAg2003
AG
Thanks Shakes! I really appreciate that!

(We'll work on our elbows for 2021)
hbc07
AG
I'll help the same way I did last time....

BlueAg2003
AG
Hahaha I appreciate the gif! I might have to recruit that guy for our team and throw a wig on him Ladybugs-style. He's got moves!
BlueAg2003
AG
I was able to get $350 in donations from TexAgs yesterday! I can't thank those individuals enough. Can we get up to $500 today?

Gal Gadot told me she would really appreciate it.

Unemployed
AG
Is Tawny your actual real name?
BlueAg2003
AG
It is. I know, let the stripper jokes commence.

Leeman
Are you the model that was in the Whitesnake videos ?
BlueAg2003
AG
Not her, but I am pretty sure she's my namesake. My mom would neither confirm nor deny.
Shakes the Clown
I got yer whitesnake right here

/the gringos of the GB
BlueAg2003
tehmackdaddy
AG
My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers four years ago. Thank you for your efforts.
BlueAg2003
AG
I am so sorry to hear that. Your mother (and all of the others affected) is why I do what I do. My prayers to you and your family. I won't stop doing what I do until we've beat this thing.
BlueAg2003
AG
I have jumped up to $675! Can we get to $1000 today? We're doing good work to fund a major project at UT Southwestern under Dr. Bhavya Shah to use focused ultrasound to open the blood brain barrier and introduce meds. This has had wonderful success in Parkinson's and we're trying to see if it will impact Alzheimer's patient.

You dollars fund a project which could be responsible for finding the cure to it all!

I would be so grateful to get to $1k today! Let's do it TexAgs GB!

Unemployed
AG
Your other team members need to pick up the slack. They're all sitting on a big fat zero.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
If I support your cause and participate in associated events, will you tell me in advance which ones are straight and which are not???
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Sooper Jeenyus said:

If I support your cause and participate in associated events, will you tell me in advance which ones are straight and which are not???

The straight ones wear ribbons in their hair
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.