Lubys Fried Fish

6,361 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GAC06
aeon-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Liver anNo d Onions!!!! No one has this any longer except Lubey's I'd better find a Lubey's soon!!!!
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
rwtxag83 said:

Once in a while I get the veggie plate. Here in SA, there really isn't an alternative for fresh veggies.
410 Diner
WillieAg08
AG
rwtxag83
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

rwtxag83 said:

Once in a while I get the veggie plate. Here in SA, there really isn't an alternative for fresh veggies.
410 Diner

Nice to know. Thanks. We are at a serious deficit ever since The Black-Eyed Pea closed. They were our go to New Years Day staple.
CBattBQ87
AG
aeon-ag said:

Liver anNo d Onions!!!! No one has this any longer except Lubey's I'd better find a Lubey's soon!!!!
Me and you, aeon. Me and you.
RGV AG
AG
CBattBQ87 said:

aeon-ag said:

Me and you, aeon. Me and you.

I am thinking about learning how to make it. Some odd and end places will have it.
Stumpknocker
English pea salad with cheese chunks.... to die for!
Hendrix
AG
I just want to chime in with a Lubys sucks. Smells like a nursing home and the food is crap.
RGV AG
AG
RSP715 said:

I just want to chime in with a Lubys sucks. Smells like a nursing home and the food is crap.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Plus you are a communist.
BenFiasco14
AG
Underwoods in Brownwood is alive and well. Always stop anytime we go to Lubbock or back
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
42 said:

B-1 83 said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

LuAnne Platter or gtfo.

Not fried fish, but similar.

Are you making a "vagina smells like fish" joke?

If so then bless your heart.
CBattBQ87
AG
My Mom made it a lot when I was a kid. I think she sauted some onions like you do for fajitas. I seem to remember that she dredged the liver in flour and pan fried it. After flipping the liver, she'd top them with the onions and let the liver cook through.

The wife doesn't like liver and onions. I have to get my fix elsewhere.
BostonAg74
I don't recall ever having fried fish as Luby's. That may have something to do with an experience I had at a Luby's in Arlington while on a high school trip back in the day. While in the serving line, we saw some kid rushing out of the kitchen with a tray full of fried fish. He slipped on a wet spot on the floor and suddenly there were fried fish filets all over the floor. Without hesitation, he picked them up with his ungloved hand, threw them back on the tray and then placed the tray in the serving line. Nobody in our group asked for fish that day...
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
BostonAg74 said:

I don't recall ever having fried fish as Luby's. That may have something to do with an experience I had at a Luby's in Arlington while on a high school trip back in the day. While in the serving line, we saw some kid rushing out of the kitchen with a tray full of fried fish. He slipped on a wet spot on the floor and suddenly there were fried fish filets all over the floor. Without hesitation, he picked them up with his ungloved hand, threw them back on the tray and then placed the tray in the serving line. Nobody in our group asked for fish that day...
5 second rule, brah
FCBlitz
For me it was one of the following:

LuAnn of Fried Cod, or the baked fish, chicken fried steak or most of the time liver and onions.

Sides were fried Okra, mashed tators with brown gravy,Mac and cheese.

Soft roll.

Ice Tee

Green Jello
GAC06
AG
Chopped steak or whatever it was called or chicken fried steak, fried okra, green beans or Mac n cheese
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.