And here is why 2020 sucks even worse

3,787 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by King moto moto
Philo B 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OP - just to confirm, you're confined to an RV from Oct until the weather in Oregon clears up and/or COVID goes away?

Serious question- is claustrophobia or mental health a concern? How big is the trailer? Do you have a pet?

Your situation sounds like my worst nightmare or my dream life. Not suite exactly which.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Why did you go back after Thanksgiving? You arent going into the office till april.
The Fife
Tree Hugger said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Soundsike you should have acted like the leadership of the family and moved the kid. Instead, you let a child dictate your household.

Nope, I wouldn't have wanted that to happen to me when I was a HS senior and I sure as hell wouldn't do that to my kid, especially given that she is a giant band nerd like her dad was at that age.
Good call. Wrapping up high school + out of state move + covid clusterf*k = bad times for sure.
zephyr88
AG
Curious to the type of job that took you from Texas to Oregon?
Completely different show up there.

Oregon's Top Ten Industries by Employment

[ol]
  • Food services and drinking places (154,600)
  • Administrative and support services (95,900)
  • Ambulatory health care services (90,000)
  • Specialty trade contractors (61,200)
  • Hospitals (58,600)
  • Nursing and residential care facilities (50,600)
  • Food and beverage stores (43,500)
  • General merchandise stores (41,500)
  • Social assistance (37,500)
  • Computer and electronic product manufacturing (36,900)
  • [/ol]
    Or was it the decriminalization of meth and heroin that was the attraction (jk)?
    AgLA06
    AG
    With a name like that I'm going forestry management, arborist, or some type of outdoor education.
    Tree Hugger
    AG
    To answer the last few questions:

21' trailer, great for a couple, crowded for a family
    I can see mental health being an issue, but I have TV, guitar, Xbox, and plenty of books to help keep me occupied.

I came back after the holiday because I need to be able for site visits should they arise, plus I'm paying rent for the trailer spot and my truck was at the Portland Airport remote lot.

New job is with the Army Corps, doing the same thing I've been doing for the last 18 years, just on the other side of the table now.
    TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
    King moto moto said:

I almost moved the family to Oregon this year too. Instead, we are holding out for Seattle.

Which part of Oregon did you move to?

We're full
    TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
    FIDO*98* said:

Brilliant idea going from Texas to the Pacific NW. I can totally see how you'd think things would be better there

The PNW is soooooooo much better than Texas. Why live in a place where 6 months out of the year you can't spend 5 minutes outdoors because of the unbearable heat and humidity?

When I fly back to visit it feels like a punch to the face with a wave of humidity when I step out onto the tarmac.
    Ragoo
    AG
    TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs said:

FIDO*98* said:

Brilliant idea going from Texas to the Pacific NW. I can totally see how you'd think things would be better there

The PNW is soooooooo much better than Texas. Why live in a place where 6 months out of the year you can't spend 5 minutes outdoors because of the unbearable heat and humidity?

When I fly back to visit it feels like a punch to the face with a wave of humidity when I step out onto the tarmac.
    5 minutes? You sound like a wuss?
    King moto moto
    AG
    Hahaha no you are not.

You need people that pay taxes.
    King moto moto
    AG
    My dream is for Texas to take over the PNW.

That's my heaven.
    Refresh
    Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.