Salvation Army bell ringers

2,529 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Krazykat
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to wally world at lunch and they've got all the entrances covered. I may have to sneak in at the loading dock.
normaleagle05
AG
It's never occurred to me until just now how bad a plan it is to beg for money in front of the poor people's store.
BaitShack
AG
It's a paid position. I always figured those were volunteers.

Claude!
You mean I've got to be responsible for a bell AND an apron? Too much pressure, man.
Unemployed
AG
normaleagle05 said:

It's never occurred to me until just now how bad a plan it is to beg for money in front of the poor people's store.
They're more likely to have loose change, though.
Claude!
normaleagle05 said:

You'd be surprised. Americans in lower income brackets are often more generous in terms of terms of participating in giving and as measured by donations in terms of percentage of income. When you're seeking small dollar donations, it may make more sense to focus on low to moderate income religious areas.

Source: https://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/statistics/who-gives
MisterShipWreck
They take volunteers. When they do not get enough, then they hire people
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
I almost always enter Wal-Mart through the automotive entrance (and check out there too). Doubt Santa has that entrance covered.
Holly Golightly
AG
My firm volunteers annually as our way over contributing to the community. We pick a Saturday and take shifts.
jetch17
AG
Xev Bellringer
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Claude! said:

You mean I've got to be responsible for a bell AND an apron? Too much pressure, man.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BaitShack said:

It's a paid position. I always figured those were volunteers.

Army reserve gets paid. Why shouldn't the Salvation Army reserve get paid?
BaitShack
AG
I think there should be a Salvation Marine Corps, and when you come out of the store they yell at you and point their fingers in your face.
Shakes the Clown
BaitShack said:

I think there should be a Salvation Marine Corps, and when you come out of the store they yell at you and point their fingers in your face.
"You want my loose change, drop and give me 50 you dirty M @ G G O T !"
Goose83
AG
BaitShack said:

NoahAg
Wow, they get paid? Makes me think twice about dropping money in. It seems like someone getting paid to bell ring is also more likely to be skimming money.
Bondag
AG

Holly Golightly said:

My firm volunteers annually as our way over contributing to the community. We pick a Saturday and take shifts.

Can I come put a little something in your pot and ring your bell?
AgTrip
We volunteer to bell ring. I have also found the people you wouldn't think would give give big and the ones you think would give walk on by.
zephyr88
AG
AgTrip said:

We volunteer to bell ring. I have also found the people you wouldn't think would give give big and the ones you think would give walk on by.
Some people are just skeptical about giving cash to a shady dude ringing a bell.
Builder93
AG
So if you don't give where everyone can see, that means you haven't given...the old public shaming technique.
Tanya 93
NoahAg said:

Wow, they get paid? Makes me think twice about dropping money in. It seems like someone getting paid to bell ring is also more likely to be skimming money.
How do they break into the locked buckets without it getting noticed?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
zephyr88 said:

AgTrip said:

Some people are just skeptical about giving cash to a shady dude ringing a bell.
yeah this and is like to see a little effort. If you were blasting out 80s hair metal guitar solos instead of just dinging a little bell, I'd be a lot more interested in giving you change.
Burdizzo
AG
Bondag said:

This picture is 15-20 years old by now.

They should do a "where are they now" story on this guy.
Krazykat
AG
BaitShack said:

I went to wally world at lunch and they've got all the entrances covered. I may have to sneak in at the loading dock.

Automotive entrance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.