Pearland moving help

1,332 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Green2Maroon
chiken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wrong GD board
Potcake
AG
There's a Pearland board?
anaggieshusband
It's only for the real Pearland, not down there by 288.
Green2Maroon
AG
Are you moving to Colorado? I know you mentioned a desire to.
JABQ04
AG
anaggieshusband said:

It's only for the real Pearland, not down there by 288.

East Pearlands where it's at!
chiken
AG
No decision has been made yet.
The Dirty Sock
ITL>OTL
Green2Maroon
AG
I know you wanted me to convince you to move to CO. Lol I tried to type a few quick sentences while stopped at a light that day. It wasn't very much information. At home with a cold beer I can tell you a lot more.

I have lived most of my life up this way (WY>CO>NV>WY>TX>Army>TX>WY>MT>CO) and this is where I want to be for the rest of my life. Back in '09 I was a junior at A&M. I came up here to Denver that summer and hung out with a buddy of mine from Germany and Iraq. He's from here and lived here his whole life. We did a lot of exploring around the city and it was absolutely a beautiful area to me. I was pretty floored with the whole experience and I pretty much promised myself that I would live here one day. Great city with all the "city stuff" anyone could want along with all kinds of outdoor opportunities. Pro football. Craft beer. Mountains. You name it basically, except for a beach or an ocean. It was 90 degrees or hotter but felt waaaay better than Texas in the summer.

Well I graduated in December of '10 with a degree in agribusiness. The job market sucked, recession was bad. My dad was a mining engineer and helped me get an accounting internship back in Wyoming. That became a full time position and most of us there lived in Sheridan, next to the Bighorn Mountains. Worked there for two and a half years. Anyway, that didn't work out, stayed in that town for a while with some crappy jobs. (I probably should have moved to Denver after the mining job, oops). Then moved to Montana in 2015 for a job at a sugar factory in Billings. I started driving Uber part time there too. The sugar factory job turned out to be a torturous dead end position. The company I worked for turned out to be horrible. So I got axed in June 2018 with 2 other employees. That puts us at no FT job but I still had my Uber driving. I learned my lesson in Wyoming, no decent work in MT or WY, where do I move to next???

I interviewed for a railroad job in Salt Lake City shortly after getting axed from the sugar company. Didn't get it but found the city and area very appealing. I also considered Albuquerque, NM. Looked up home prices and rents there. Wow, cheap! But did more research and it sounded like a rough place in a lot of ways. I have sleep apnea so SLC lost some appeal with the pollution. So I thought again about my nearly decade old dream of moving to Denver. I could take Uber with me of course and drive full time there for now until finding a regular job. Okay then, let's do this! My dad and I went down here first on a trip to find me an apartment. Ended up signing a lease in Arvada and moved in September 2018.

It turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. Right up there with signing an Army contract when I was 18. I linked up with the old friend I mentioned earlier along with some other Army bro's. Had a blast in Arvada and did really well with Uber all over the place. Started a decent route sales rep/delivery driver job last year in June. Still working there for now and doing Lyft part time. Bought a condo in August. Started a saltwater reef tank shortly after that. Went elk hunting in October. Lol didn't see any elk but it was a good time. I could go on and on about the last two years but I don't want to get super long winded lol. Covid has put a damper on things like everywhere else but we're ready to get back to normal ASAP.

What more do you want to know? Are you married? Kids? I'm 36 and single with no kids so your situation might be different. I understand you're a female too but I still highly recommend moving here.

King moto moto
AG
She is sooooo going to ride you hard now.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Green2Maroon
AG
Lol it's hard to give specific advice without knowing what all she is looking for.
Potcake
AG
She kind of has a one-track mind.
anaggieshusband
We just had the 4th of July fireworks in Pearland.
I'm pretty sure that means the pandemic is over!
Green2Maroon
AG
So what more do you want me to talk about OP? This place could be the change you're looking for. Could be the coolest thing you ever did. Denver isn't perfect, no place is, but I can speak pretty highly of living here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.