Why won't you go see a therapist?

7,433 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 30wedge
Builder93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Builder93 said:

Old RV Ag said:

Builder93 said:

Old RV Ag said:

Builder93 said:

Old RV Ag said:

tandy miller said:

True Anomaly said:

42 said:

Because I don't need to pay someone to tell me what I already know.

I'm sure it is helpful to a lot of people who need someone else to help them figure things out and face their issues and help find a way out.

I know my issues, I'm not scared to face them, I'm just too lazy sometimes, too get off my ass and do something about them.

This. People are scared to feel bad or have trouble reliving emotionally damaging parts of their life. And medication only helps so much. All medication will really do in the end is allow you a better chance to face these issues and figure out how they're going to be incorporated into your life in a positive way

The end goal of all of it is not to ever feel bad again- it should be to be able to excel in life and enjoy it despite negative thoughts or events that may happen
This x100

If you go into therapy expecting them to "fix" you, you're going to be disappointed. My goal in therapy is to learn to live with my conditions and baggage in a manner that allows me to live a fulfilling life, and hopefully enrich the lives of those that I come into contact with instead of being an overly emotional, irrational *******
Yep. Your feelings are your feelings and no one should tell you how to feel. However, what is critical is how you handle your feelings, how you respond to yourself and others based on those feelings, and how you let your feelings impact your goals and obligations in life. And not to see yourself as a victim and be happy and thankful for what you do have even when dealt a crappy hand.
Emotions are translated into feelings. Feelings can be wrong or may need a different perspective. Everyone has emotions. It's what makes us human. When we turn an emotion into the wrong feeling we get school shooters and domestic abusers.
Ok - think we're saying essentially the same thing here. Think you use "emotions" where I use "feelings" - it's how we channel/react to our emotion/feelings that's important. Simple example - "that makes me feel angry" - no one should tell me my feeling angry is wrong. But, as you say, my anger should never translate to shooting up a school or hitting the wife.
But you can translate other emotions into feelings of anger, etc..
But if you don't know how to channel your feelings it can translate into an emotional outburst. Where are you going with this? Six one half dozen the other.

It's a deep discussion in short bursts. I guess in my thinking I'm separating limbic vs pre-frontal cortex.
Ah, the deep thinking builder...just can't compete.

Doesn't have to be like that. We were getting into a conversation that was probably not going to be productive. I also meant a deep topic for both of us on a less than ideal platform for it. But if you want to make it a competition, then maybe you need some therapy.
Slicer97
AG
Men build things, then we die. It's in our ****ing DNA!

That's what we do!

And when it all falls down?

We build it right back up again.

But this time bigger. BETTER!

Look! Look what we can do. Look how ****in' beautiful we are. You think the men that built all this had it easy?

Hard men!

Doing hard *****

And that gives me a hard on! But not in a gay way or anything.

No, no... 'course not

Yeah it goes without sayin'

I am so sick of this self help, twelve step, leftover hippie generation bull*****

Now they don't want you to do anything, right?

Just sit there.

Don't drink.

Don't smoke.

Don't drive fast.

Kiss my ass!

**** it! Do it all I say!

Do you think Duke Wayne spent all of his time talking about his feelings with a ****in' therapist?

There's no ****ing way he did!

John Wayne died with five pounds of undigested red meat in his ass. Now that's a man!

Real men hide their feelings. Why?

Because it's none of your ****in' business!

Men do not cry.

Men do not pout.

Men jack you in the ****in' jaw and say...

"Thanks for comin' out"
30wedge
Because I am happy being the goofy ******* that I have become. I have no desire to change but I am ok with everyone I come into contact with going to see a therapist to help them cope with me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.