Let talk about Aldi

7,588 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
Aggie Rick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Produce does not last long and the advertised weekly meat specials are rarely in stock. Everything else ok.
@Aggie_Rick
TV Casualty
AG
Pirate04 said:

As someone who loves German food, I've been wanting to try their schnitzel and spatzle. I've heard very good reviews.

These are pretty good there.

rlb28
AG
Love the place.

Salmon $5 cheaper than HEB
Buy the pizza next to meat section, not the frozen
Fake Cheez-its taste better as do fake wheat thins
Hummus is way cheaper
Almonds
Try the bang bang sauce
Aston04
AG
clobby said:

I went once and didnt have a coin for the cart. Had to carry all my stuff.
if u ever forget again- just ask a checker for a quarter and they will give one no questions asked
FattyDelights
Aldi is for lolpoors
Slagathor
AG
Aldi's quality has steadily increased over the past few years. I agree with another poster that it used to feel like garage sale shopping for groceries about four or five years ago, but now it's pretty much just like any other store. You do have to either bring your own bags or pay like $0.05 for paper/plastic. Their German food is all amazing, especially the sauerkraut. It's so cheap and better than you can get in any other store.

In the past I have price shopped across my four local grocery stores, and Aldi almost always comes out on top. Some of their drastically cheaper items include coffee, lunchmeat, avocados, peanut butter, and most dairy products.
TV Casualty
AG
FattyDelights said:

Aldi is for lolpoors

Spending too much money on food and eating out is a good way to stay lol poor.

Where do fatties shop to get their delights?
boboguitar
AG
My wife converted me to it and I like it. I wouldn't go in place of HEB but since we don't have HEB's up here in Dallas, aldi is the next best thing.
Out in Left Field
AG
Lidl bakery
rwtxag83
AG
Never heard of it son, Neeeever heard of it.....
lunchbox
We have one that is a 5min drive from our house. Really convenient for last minute staple goods.

Agree with the poster above about their non-frozen take & bake pizzas. We usually get one every saturday for lunch. Produce is awesome. We get the cage free eggs and they are still cheaper than other stores. Milk, creamer, butter, etc...We haven't bought chips at another store for more than a year...

I think my family saves $40-50 just shopping there for the things we like and then doing kroger curbside for everything else.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
GSPag`
Lidl is also a great store. Twice the size.

Both have great beer.
wbt5845
AG
Wait a second - there's an Aldi North and Aldi South that are different companies? And in the US, Aldi South is Aldi and Aldi North is Trader Joe's?

Shakes the Clown
GSPag` said:

Lidl is also a great store. Twice the size.

Both have great beer.

Great.

Now I'm craving a beer.
Flashdiaz
AG
and there's a left twix factory and a right twix factory.
aTm2004
AG
Their cheese puffs > *
_lefraud_
AG
Cramp00 said:

Right across Little Road.
0.2 miles per maps

It's literally across the street, I'd say about 300 yards.
Ag with kids
AG
wbt5845 said:

The Aldi in SW Arlington is about a mile south of the Super Walmart.
You mean the HyperMart?
Old RV Ag
AG
wbt5845 said:

Wait a second - there's an Aldi North and Aldi South that are different companies? And in the US, Aldi South is Aldi and Aldi North is Trader Joe's?

Oh come on. These happen all the time. You seem old enough to remember in San Antonio the history of Taco Cabana and TaCasita. Had identical menus and started the same - one brother didn't want to expand (TaCasita) and the other did - so they split the original company (Taco Cabana).
B-1 83
AG
TV Casualty said:

Pirate04 said:

As someone who loves German food, I've been wanting to try their schnitzel and spatzle. I've heard very good reviews.

That's what good brats should look like.
Tanya 93
I really like their granola bars
Old RV Ag
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Tanya, am sure you do like granola bars. You also seem to be budget minded. Here's a trick that will save you lots. A couple boxes of granola bars will add up to about 10 bucks. Go down to the local feed store for livestock and ask for a 50 pound bag of sweet feed. Basically, it's the same stuff. Just take it and press it into molds to make granola bars.
JMac03
AG
doctorAg13 said:

Went for the first time today. Prices definitely lower on most things. I didn't realize you have to bring your own recyclable bags, but when I mentioned it was our first time there, the checker gave us a free paper bag. Maybe you have to buy them if you don't bring your own?
I think yes or buy them. I didn't know this so I just had to take all my groceries (not much) out to the car without bags.
goodAg80
AG
Charpie said:

It's ok...but Trader Joe's is better
https://www.producebluebook.com/2019/07/19/aldi-and-trader-joes-are-they-related/#
Aston04
AG
JMac03 said:

doctorAg13 said:

Went for the first time today. Prices definitely lower on most things. I didn't realize you have to bring your own recyclable bags, but when I mentioned it was our first time there, the checker gave us a free paper bag. Maybe you have to buy them if you don't bring your own?
I think yes or buy them. I didn't know this so I just had to take all my groceries (not much) out to the car without bags.
I just grab boxes around the store as I go and throw groceries in there... Or bring ones from the previous time and use them...
Ragoo
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Tanya 93 said:

Tanya, am sure you do like granola bars. You also seem to be budget minded. Here's a trick that will save you lots. A couple boxes of granola bars will add up to about 10 bucks. Go down to the local feed store for livestock and ask for a 50 pound bag of sweet feed. Basically, it's the same stuff. Just take it and press it into molds to make granola bars.
but seriously?
Ragoo
AG
TV Casualty said:

Pirate04 said:

never been but I will have to go now.
Old RV Ag
AG
Ragoo said:

Old RV Ag said:

Tanya 93 said:

but seriously?
You seriously have no sense of humor. Really, you're the most uptight person I've ever seen. Squeak squeak squeak...nerd alert.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ragoo
AG
Old RV Ag said:

Ragoo said:

Old RV Ag said:

Tanya 93 said:

but seriously?
You seriously have no sense of humor. Really, you're the most uptight person I've ever seen. Squeak squeak squeak...nerd alert.
shut up old balls
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.