Dumb young people

12,308 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by austinag1997
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's not a Mexican food restaurant on the earth that's worth a two hour drive.
lotsofhp
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

I don't care what you haters say, I love Chuys.

Their tortillas are amazing. Their salsa is delicious. Cream jalapeo? Yes please. Set me up with a New Mexican margarita, a few tacos, some queso, and a tres leches, and I'm probably going to uncontrollably gorge myself. Only complaint is their chips are too thin to support me dipping them in beans, salsa, and creamy.

I'm with you brother. Their fajitas are damn good too.

Haters gonna hate though
Mr. White
zephyr88 said:

There's not a Mexican food restaurant on the earth that's worth a two hour drive.

You've never been to Don Juan in Tyler or Blue Goose in Dallas
ac04
didn't realize it was possible to cram that many poor decisions into such a short story.
Matilda
AG
Blue goose is trash. If youre looking for tex mex in Dallas Mi Cocina is much better
Turf96
If the ceiling isn't about 4 inches taller than 6 foot with water stains in corners painted bright color outside it isn't good Mexican food.

It you can order in English it isn't really good Mexican n food.

If the don't steve nopales chicorones then it isn't good Mexican food.
aeon-ag
CaddoAggie96 said:

We loaded up the family yesterday to go for lunch at Chuys. Two hour drive. Great meal.
Pregnant niece refuses to wear seatbelt because she says it will kill her baby if we are in a wreck.
Same niece refuses to travel by airlines.
Rule 1 exempted.
As the driver I allowed her to sit in the back without a belt because I didn't want the drama.

Just to make sure....if she gets launched thru the windshield and dies, the kid probably dies too......right?
Just checking.
Should have left her there!!!
Old Army Ghost
CaddoAggie96
AG
A little clarification that I should have known didn't need left out.
I agreed to drive to the zoo. Her Parents were with us.
I didn't know her seatbelt wasn't on until we were well on the way.
Chuys was to be the first stop. BIL took over driving as that was the agreement. I drive there and he drives back.
No zoo as the kid was fast asleep after lunch.
He had tea. No alcohol.

Aggie Joe 93
AG
CaddoAggie96 said:

A little clarification that I should have known didn't need left out.
I agreed to drive to the zoo. Her Parents were with us.
I didn't know her seatbelt wasn't on until we were well on the way.
Chuys was to be the first stop. BIL took over driving as that was the agreement. I drive there and he drives back.
No zoo as the kid was fast asleep after lunch.
He had tea. No alcohol.

Why did the kid drink tea? Does the kid normally drink alcohol? Did you at least order two extra teas to fix their economy? Why were you drunk at the zoo? Did you do anything other than throw poo back at the chimpanzees?

I'm just here to spread the confusion.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Did you get any from your niece?
GarryowenAg
AG
lotsofhp said:

LupinusTexensis said:

I don't care what you haters say, I love Chuys.

Their tortillas are amazing. Their salsa is delicious. Cream jalapeo? Yes please. Set me up with a New Mexican margarita, a few tacos, some queso, and a tres leches, and I'm probably going to uncontrollably gorge myself. Only complaint is their chips are too thin to support me dipping them in beans, salsa, and creamy.

I'm with you brother. Their fajitas are damn good too.

Haters gonna hate though

Lupinus is a girl...
AgsMyDude
AG
Claude! said:

Chuy's is perfectly serviceable Tex-Mex.

Sure but it's not even close to worth a 2 hr drive.
Beer Baron
AG
I'm not sure her age is relevant here, because this is the kind of stupid that will be a part of her life well into the future, assuming she doesn't become a smear on a highway before then.
MouthBQ98
AG
The Fife
This Chewie

is better than this Chuy
infinity ag
Claude! said:

Rule 1 exempted? What are you, a TexAgs sovereign citizen? The rules apply to all.

But I first want to know if the niece is hot. And slim but with big cans.

If she is fat/ugly/no cans, then I can forego Rule No 1.
zephyr88
AG
Mr. White said:

zephyr88 said:

You've never been to Don Juan in Tyler or Blue Goose in Dallas
I've been to Don Juan (pretty tasty) and will check out Blue Goose the next time I'm in Dallas (thanks!).

My point was that we have a plethora of great Mexican food options in Texas, no doubt. No need to drive to Tyler or Dallas when I can go to Cuchara, Hugo's or Irma's without leaving Greater Houston.
goodAg80
AG
The Fife said:

This Chewie

is better than this Chuy

Who eats wookies?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
It's made very clear in all the prenatal information that her doctor would have given her that she SHOULD WEAR A SEATBELT.
wbt5845
AG
Claude! said:

Rule 1 exempted? What are you, a TexAgs sovereign citizen? The rules apply to all.
No **** - I was going to reply....

Herknav
AG
Fan of the Elvis Pressley fahita meal at Jalapeno Tree.
mazag08
AG
zephyr88 said:

When I lived in Ohio, had there been a non Chuys Mexican restaurant 2 hours away it would have been worth every penny. But all they had was Chuys. So I didn't eat Mexican food.
rwtxag83
AG
mazag08 said:

zephyr88 said:

When I lived in Ohio, had there been a non Chuys Mexican restaurant 2 hours away it would have been worth every penny. But all they had was Chuys. So I didn't eat Mexican food.

Jeez, some of you are making it seem like eating there is like a sharp stick in the eye. It's not BAD! It may not be the most high quality Tex Mex on the planet, but BAD?

C'mon, I mean how can you screw up Nachos? A margarita? Fajitas? Nachos are just chips and cheese unless you're getting extras, but even then it's pretty basic stuff here.

To each their own, but Chuys is not exactly the spawn of Satan. It's not my favorite, but I have gone there and it's not like I threw up or got food poisoning.
Bondag
AG
How did Chuy's name the Elvis Presley Memorial Combo? Is it because it is delicious, but after I finish I feel like sitting on the toilet and dying.
wbt5845
AG
Chuy's is fine, but I still can't get past driving two hours to go. That seems excessive.
goodAg80
AG
Bondag said:

How did Chuy's name the Elvis Presley Memorial Combo? Is it because it is delicious, but after I finish I feel like sitting on the toilet and dying.
The original Chuys as an Elvis shrine.

mazag08
AG
rwtxag83 said:

mazag08 said:

zephyr88 said:

Jeez, some of you are making it seem like eating there is like a sharp stick in the eye. It's not BAD! It may not be the most high quality Tex Mex on the planet, but BAD?

C'mon, I mean how can you screw up Nachos? A margarita? Fajitas? Nachos are just chips and cheese unless you're getting extras, but even then it's pretty basic stuff here.

To each their own, but Chuys is not exactly the spawn of Satan. It's not my favorite, but I have gone there and it's not like I threw up or got food poisoning.
It's not bad. But it can't compete with the majority of options we have in Houston. It's popular with Austin types and out of state folks who have no idea what's good.
wbt5845
AG
mazag08 said:

It's popular with Austin types and out of state folks who have no idea what's good.
But you repeat yourself.
mazag08
AG
wbt5845 said:

mazag08 said:

It's popular with Austin types and out of state folks who have no idea what's good.
But you repeat yourself.
Good catch. It is a little redundant.
GoneGirl
AG
OPs whole set up made me think of Going to Abilene

DrZ
AG
I came here to post something clever like everyone else about Chuys or your niece or DWI. But then i watched the "Abilene Paradox" I do believe that in one simple post GoneGirl has some how captured the entirety of your afternoon as well giving me so many questions about so many things. I will just go with one.
1) what in the hell was that about?
Ornlu
AG
I had Chuy's for dinner. It was a 6 minute drive, and even that seems too far.
Ulrich
I like Chuy's, it gives me that authentic tex-mex "oh god oh god why did I eat that much i have to take a nap" feeling.
austinag1997
AG
42 said:

anaggieshusband said:

I'm sorry that they don't have a Pappasitos where you are

Most overrated and overpriced Mexican food chain there is.

The one in Austin even has a newspaper critique on the wall by the hostess stand talking about high prices.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.