Anyone interested in an online poker game tonight?

2,837 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ulrich
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A few of my friends play online poker every couple of weeks and are short on players tonight. If you are interested in playing let me know.

Starts at 9:30pm
Cash game
$.50/$1 blinds
$50 minimum buy in (most buy in for $100 but you can do whatever you want)

We play on a site called Donkhouse https://donkhouse.com/. Its a pretty basic layout but it works pretty well. You just have to create a login and let me know what your user name is and I'll add you to our group. We can sit 10 at the table and currently have 3 spots taken. Buy in is through venmo and then I pay everyone out at the end of the night. The website we use provides an excel spreadsheet that records all buy ins and pay outs for each player.
SNES Chalmers

redd38
AG
Hmmm.... interested
bearkatag15
AG
Shoot me an email bearkatag at gmail
redd38
AG
Aight, I emailed you. Tonight is still a long way off though so not real sure what I'm doing yet
YellAgs
AG
Poker in the front
Liquor in the rear
EFE
AG
Is it 2005, again?
Unemployed
AG
YellAgs said:

Poker in the front
Liquor in the rear
Oh man, I've never heard of that one before.
EFE
AG
YellAgs said:

Poker in the front
Liquor in the rear

Wait... nope, still 2020
YellAgs
AG
I'm drinking and easily amused this afternoon
imnag07
AG
Interested, but can this be played from my phone? Or, must a computer be used? Only ask because the computer I have is a work one and, well, they put the kabosh on all external platforms...
bearkatag15
AG
I don't think the website is mobile friendly
redd38
AG
imnag07 said:

Interested, but can this be played from my phone? Or, must a computer be used? Only ask because the computer I have is a work one and, well, they put the kabosh on all external platforms...
You don't have to install anything, just play it in the browser. I just tried it out on my phone and it works, although it doesn't really have a mobile version so it's just like the regular version, but smaller
Slamn Sharpe
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
YellAgs said:

Poker in the front
Liquor in the rear
wait. Strike that. Reverse it.
bearkatag15
AG
Looks like we have 5 total for the game tonight. If anyone else is interested reach out by email to bearkatag at gmail
histag10
AG
Oh how I need the laugh/cry emoji right now.

WTF? You would like to play because its very interesting for you over a month after it happened? Are you a Saudi prince?
The Fife
They probably thought it was strip poker.
hairloom
Elenat said:

I've just been looking for someone to play poker with for a long time
how long is a long time? I need to know your commitment level before inviting you to a game.
Ulrich
Recommend you start with a game that isn't a long-standing house game with a hundred dollar buy-in. There are bars with standing poker nights, that might be a little better. Or get some coworkers/classmates together. The main thing is to learn 10 or 20 dollars at a time at first, work your way up to losing 100 in a night.
hairloom
I second this and also suggest understanding bankroll. Allow yourself 500 and play only a portion of that at a time to track your progress.
Corn Pop
Not a frequent cash player here, but play large tournaments regularly. Make a healthy amount of money every year playing cards separate from my job. As the two before stated. Start small. Bankroll yourself. Figure out what kind of player you are (personality at the table, aggressive, passive, etc). Focus on percentage bets rather than actual dollars. Will allow you to remain steady as you progress into the larger cash games and tournaments.
Unemployed
AG
hairloom said:

Elenat said:

how long is a long time? I need to know your commitment level before inviting you to a game.
What happened to elenat's posts? Why were they deleted?
histag10
AG
I wonder if staff will at least give us an explanation.
hairloom
RealTalk said:

hairloom said:

Elenat said:

What happened to elenat's posts? Why were they deleted?
hell if I know. Maybe he was staff? Maybe they thought it hilarious to have me answering questions that now don't exist. I was trying to give him legitimate help from an Degenerate gambler's point of view.
SNES Chalmers
Google search for that user came up with nothing. OMG....Qanon!
Ulrich
He kind of looked like some posters in the past who made a few innocuous posts and then started doing guerrilla marketing. "Hey guys, I really like [embedded link for product]! Does anyone else use it?"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.