Sharp, sharp stickers

2,408 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 12thmnfromflotown
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I usually avoid the school playground but with everything still shut down, decided to use it for a shortcut this afternoon.
Never saw so many green stickers growing at once.
Was it the wet year in South Austin or the lack of kid's feet that had the biggest effect?...either way, the stickers like their recent environment.
Rutedown
That's what shoes are for
Rongagin71
AG
That is what I thought until 1956 when at the age of eight I went to visit a six year old cousin in a little Texas town.
He went everywhere barefoot, walking without concern over stuff that would have keeled me.
BTW, this bumpkin grew up to pass the CPA exam on first try and make a financial keeling in the San Antonio real estate market.
goodAg80
AG
Rongagin71 said:

I usually avoid the school playground but with everything still shut down, decided to use it for a shortcut this afternoon.
Never saw so many green stickers growing at once.
Was it the wet year in South Austin or the lack of kid's feet that had the biggest effect?...either way, the stickers like their recent environment.
Corona stickers
AliasMan02
AG
Can. Not. Get. Rid. Of. These. In my stupid backyard.
Billy Foster
AG
Get a piece is scrap carpet, turn it over so the pile is facing down and put a little weight on it. Drag it around your yard. You'll gather the stickers Immediately and slowing keep them from repopulating.
goodAg80
AG
Billy Foster said:

Get a piece is scrap carpet, turn it over so the pile is facing down and put a little weight on it. Drag it around your yard. You'll gather the stickers Immediately and slowing keep them from repopulating.
Nice idea
BurnetAggie99
Also dig them up, apply fertilizer and Cimarron Plus Herbicide works as post emergent. I use it in our Bermuda lawn and our Bermuda fields. Pre Emergent nonselective herbicides containing pendimethalin or sethoxydim work
toucan82
your kids driving you crazy during Corona summer? looks like you may have found something to keep them busy
12thmnfromflotown
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Also dig them up, apply fertilizer and Cimarron Plus Herbicide works as post emergent. I use it in our Bermuda lawn and our Bermuda fields. Pre Emergent nonselective herbicides containing pendimethalin or sethoxydim work
Cimarron isn't labelled for sandbur control. Works well on bahia though.

Nicosulfuron, which is pastora, will kill them once they have germinated. Pastora isn't labeled for lawn use, I can't recall if there is a product with nicosulfuron and a lawn/turf label. Plateau is another one that is a good post emergent herbicide for sandburs in a pasture or hay field.

Very much agree on the pre-emergent applications of pendimethalin and a good fertility program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.