Whistle Pigs

1,901 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ClickClack
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Came home from vacation to a huge mound of dirt in my backyard a couple weeks ago. Have some other yard damage but there's a skunk and plenty of chipmunks too. Finally spotted some whistle pigs the other day coming out in the late afternoon. They're pretty entertaining to watch but if it's behind my yard damage I need it gone. I don't think a skunk would create a mound of dirt.

Anybody ever dealt with these?

ClickClack
AG
Also, obligatory

Shakes the Clown
ClickClack said:

Also, obligatory

Finally saw this movie last year

Slim Isle
I used to love that Pig and Whistle bar in Houston. I think they tore it down back in 2005 but it had been changed to something else by then. Don't know the name of it when it was torn down.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
rebag00
AG
Explosives are the only way to deal with the Varmint Cong...
goodAg80
AG
rebag00 said:

Explosives are the only way to deal with the Varmint Cong...
BBRex
AG
The only whistlepig I'm interested in..
goodAg80
AG
mattgaetzexgf
AG
I know a .270 with a 100 gr HP hand load will remove the top of their skulls better than a ban saw. They took up residence in my rifle backstop ironically.
Just here for the GQP
mattgaetzexgf
AG
Also, I think there's a difference in terminology depending on the part of the country. Or are woodchucks, rock chucks, marmots, and whistle pigs all pretty much the same thing?
Just here for the GQP
ClickClack
AG
Mainly I started this thread because I learned (while researching about all the critters in my backyard having fun at my expense) that groundhogs are woodchucks are whistle pigs. They're all just groundhogs. Had no idea. I knew the whiskey but didn't know it was named after groundhogs.

Also new experience for me now living in New Hampshire considering you won't find one in Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.