Are you more more less racist since George Floyd died?

5,926 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aeon-ag
Mostly Sunny Disposition
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BostonAg74 said:

I've pretty much concluded that all people suck. It's just a lot easier to lump everyone into one enormous mass of toxic goo than trying find that elusive nugget of goodness that might accidentally be farted into the atmosphere every now and then. So, I hate everyone equally, with no consideration to the color of one's skin or the color one's neck. Human beings are a pretty miserable species, when you get right down to it. They deserve nothing more than that.

Also a fair take
Drawkcab
MuckRaker96 said:

What's worse than a field of 100 dead babies?

One in the middle trying to eat his way out.

What's worse than that?

He makes it.

Why would he eat his way out, especially since he's dead?
padreislandagfan
I am extremely cautious when around young black males now. I never was this way. I know that it is fashionable now to randomly attack white people. I keep my family safe, weapon loaded, and my head on a swivel. Situational awareness has always been something I am mindful of, but it is much worse now. I will not be prey, If I must join the hunt, I choose to be the hunter.

These are terrible times, the hatred by some blacks and young liberal whites toward successful whites is unacceptable. It is racist and class warfare all mixed into one.

just one white guys take on the matter.
Ghost91
padreislandagfan said:

I am extremely cautious when around young black males now. I never was this way. I know that it is fashionable now to randomly attack white people. I keep my family safe, weapon loaded, and my head on a swivel. Situational awareness has always been something I am mindful of, but it is much worse now. I will not be prey, If I must join the hunt, I choose to be the hunter.

These are terrible times, the hatred by some blacks and young liberal whites toward successful whites is unacceptable. It is racist and class warfare all mixed into one.

Me too & amen, brother.

I think that it would be naive to behave otherwise these days, depending on where you live.
Ghost91
30wedge said:

I have started carrying a roll of $100 bills and hand out one to each person who was once a slave. Sort of my way to help with reparations

God I hope that you have them sign something in exchange. If not a Release From Future Claims, at least a receipt, bro.
Slim Isle
I give out 100's or fill up random people's gas tanks. I look for people that really need it. One very tiny elderly black man was in the line at the bank. He was on foot in the car line. He was holding a Walmart bag 1/4 filled with pennies. I got out of my car and walked him to the ATM - I told him I'd like to give him $100 if he was okay with that. He asked me if it was okay. I said yes. He was very worried but I reassured him. He thanked me over and over, took his money and walked home.
At a gas station I saw 2 distraught girls that were close to tears. I filled their gas tank. They said they had been there for a long while and nobody would help them. In both situations, I got much more out of it than they did. I don't see color. I look for people that are truly in need. I saw another fella outside a gas station on a very cold night. I could tell he was homeless so I went next door and bought him blankets and socks. In each case they were human beings... not black, white , brown.
We all do this. There are very few racist people. I really believe that.
Know Your Enemy
AG
padreislandagfan said:

Please tell me you're trolling with this horse**** post.
Onceaggie2.0
Someone didn't see the macy's attack and the 12 year old boy who got knocked out.
pinkdog
This is what I question. We are all a little racist? I don't think so. Yes we all have our own bias. But that is different from racistthe belief of being superior to someone because of race.
Slicer97
AG
Are you blind to current events?

Are most young black men out to get whitey? Of course not. That would be a ridiculous and racist assumption. Are a few young black men out to get whitey? Bet your ass there are, just like there are idiot white supremeist out to get black folk. Both are in the minority.

But unless you know the folks in question and their intent, best keep your head on a swivel. And that goes both ways.
Tanya 93
I wasn't racist to begin with and nothing has changed
Know Your Enemy
AG
FPS_Dough said:

Someone didn't see the macy's attack and the 12 year old boy who got knocked out.

So a couple of horrible incidents and now you're wary of all Black people? That's a pretty ****ing racist way of thinking.
FriendlyAg
Junkhead said:

FPS_Dough said:

So a couple of horrible incidents and now you're wary of all Black people? That's a pretty ****ing racist way of thinking.

Sorta the law of unintended consequences, no?
Slicer97
AG
How is that racist?

He's not suggesting black people are inferior. He also didn't say "all black people". He's suggesting that because there are a few young black men (specifically) out there attacking white folks, he's more alert to danger when he's around young black men (specifically) with whom he's not familiar.

That's not racist. That's not even assuming he/his family is going to be attacked by them. That's recognizing there could be a higher potential for danger due to the current political climate/racial unrest and being mentally prepared for it.

Your accusation is unjustified. C'mon, dude, you're smarter than that.
Talon2DSO
AG
I listened to Curtis Mayfield this morning so I'm not racist.
Txmoe
AG
I'm not racist! Some of my best friends are slightly less white than me.
Slim Isle
I agree. There's an element out there that I don't recognize as my fellow American. I will Continue to keep my guard up. That's why I look for people in need. I'd rather give them attention than give attention to the animals trashing statues and defacing property.
AliasMan02
AG
I feel like I get to say "I told you so" about the police and the government quite a bit, which is nice.
RAB87
AG
74OA said:

So long as people don't act on their racism to discriminate, i could care less about their personal mental problems.

Racism as a major problem won't be "solved" until several more generations die out, but we can continue to fight discrimination every day.
Racism will exist as long as liberalism and the Democrat party exists. Their ideology cannot exist without creating victimhood and dependency.
Claude!
On a personal level, the primary outcome of George Floyd's death has been to make me much more reticent to engage in any sort of discussion that touches on politics or race.
Unemployed
AG
RAB87 said:

74OA said:

So long as people don't act on their racism to discriminate, i could care less about their personal mental problems.

Racism as a major problem won't be "solved" until several more generations die out, but we can continue to fight discrimination every day.
Racism will exist as long as liberalism and the Democrat party exists. Their ideology cannot exist with out creating victimhood and dependency to get votes.
Is this like if a bear took a crap in the woods and nobody saw it, that it didn't sh.t?
GrayMatter
AG
There sure is a lot of ignorance in this thread.
BostonAg74
After reading some of the responses on page two of this thread, I would like to take back my winkie face from my post on page one.
infinity ag
Archbishop Moto Moto said:

wangus12 said:

95% of people don't care what color you are as long as you're not an *******.
Personally, I am not a fan of brown *******s. They always smell and make a mess.

I'm sure they don't like you either!
Southlake
Talon2DSO said:

The only game you play is do or die...oh, Superfly
Southlake
I do look over my shoulder more.

I also notice a Black a People more and for some reason hope I don't do anything stupid like stare or say hello because I feel like I'm supposed to say hello and then wonder if I did a good enough job of saying hello.

That sux.
SNES Chalmers
Talon2DSO said:

I've watched almost half an episode of "Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man" so I'm almost not racist.
hph6203
AG
Claude! said:

On a personal level, the primary outcome of George Floyd's death has been to make me much more reticent to engage in any sort of discussion that touches on politics or race.
They can tell what you're thinking by your silence and they know it's not good. Your silence is a vote for oppression.
Claude!
hph6203 said:

Claude! said:

They can tell what you're thinking by your silence and they know it's not good. Your silence is a vote for oppression.
aeon-ag
Ghost91 said:

30wedge said:

I have started carrying a roll of $100 bills and hand out one to each person who was once a slave. Sort of my way to help with reparations

God I hope that you have them sign something in exchange. If not a Release From Future Claims, at least a receipt, bro.
Your roll still has the same amount, all slaves are dead!!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.