Negative credit card balance

3,194 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oldschool87
saw em off
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Having to cancel my whole spring life, is there a way to transfer a negative cc balance back to the bank in which you pay your cc with?

It's a large amount and I would just keep it in there, but I'd like it to earn a little interest.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If only credit card companies had phone numbers.
FriendlyAg
What's a negative balance? Like they owe you?
King moto moto
AG

FriendlyAg said:

What's a negative balance? Like they owe you?

Scoopen Skwert
AG
Oh look at me. I have a credit card.

Know Your Enemy
AG
They're likely going to send you a paper check which will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. Once you call them and ask them to refund you, that is.
jkag89
MuckRaker96 said:

If only credit card companies had phone numbers.
Or web sites.
WES2006AG
AG
Had this happen with Discover a few years back. They offered to leave the balance and it can be spent or send a check.
Unemployed
AG
Dude, that's like free money. Go buy a PS4 or a new iPhone.
m.stat
AG
I work in the industry. Most will send a check but some will ACH back to your bank account. Either call the number in the back of your card or if your card offers a chat through your online portal try that. If calling you will deal with a longer wait time as most of the help desk is working from home now.
NoahAg
m.stat said:

I work in the industry. Most will send a check but some will ACH back to your bank account. Either call the number in the back of your card or if your card offers a chat through your online portal try that. If calling you will deal with a longer wait time as most of the help desk is working from home now.

You live in India?
bmc13
AG
I had a large one one time. I spend almost all of it down over a couple months and then they mailed me a check for the remaining balance of around $170 without me asking.
Ag81Golf
Banks aren't paying much interest. Have CC company send refund via check or ACH and buy stocks.
Tatem
I've had this before
They will send you a check
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Gotta call and talk to someone.....
dallasiteinsa02
Offer to let them hold the money on your account for the same interest rate they charge.
62strat
AG
Chase sent me a check, granted it was a card I had paid to $0 and closed, but then had a refund like 6 weeks later.
steve1991
AG
Had a large credit on Amex for a canceled trip. I called and requested that the credit be returned to me. They are supposed to send to my bank account within a couple days (via ACH).
Amex has a way to request this online but it it wasn't working for me so I just called.
This is on a card that I rarely use or else I would have left the credit to offset future charges.
62strat
AG
OP I dont know who your card is through, but I know chase has secure messaging once logged in that you can use instead of calling. I've used it to cancel cards, even change classes of cards, increase credit limit, move credit around between cards, etc.

Google your bank 'secure messaging'. It may not necessarily be easy to find, but it beats waiting on hold. Chase gets back within 24 hours typically.

oldschool87
AG
What's the number I can help you with your negative balance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.