Last time you were knocked unconscious?

5,265 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FNG
Repeat the Line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How long were you out and did you press charges?
FNG
Surgery? Does that count? I did not press charges.

I did wake up during the procedure and start talking to the staff working on me.
jokershady
AG
On accident? When I was 7 or 8 on my bike....fell doing something stupid and took a ride in an ambulance....fortunately I was wearing a helmet so unconsciousness was all I dealt with.

On purpose? Hernia surgery when I was 23. Woke up flirting big time with a big 'ole nurse who proceeded to tell my wife in the waiting room that she was going to steal me away from her.
HHAG
AG
Never knocked out. I did have knee surgery in 2002. I was living in France, but had a really good orthopod back in North Carolina. I had surgery in Durham and I woke up and started talking in French to the nurse.

Malheuresement, elle ne coprende pas....
Builder93
AG
Never

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
In high school. Playing a game of pickup basketball on an outdoor, full size court. Game was pretty chippy. The baskets were mounted on steel poles. I picked off a pass and went down the court on a one man fast break. Went up for the layup, guy behind me tried to block my shot and his body pushed me (and my head) right into that steel pole. Knocked me the F out. I still have the scar on my forehead where the 5 stitches were installed.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Twice. I got into a fist fight with Marilyn Manson and he clocked me. My other arse whooping was at the hands of Pee -wee Herman.
malenurse
AG
50 years ago, when I was twelve, boxing in gym class. A little spanish kid half my size hit me at least 3 times before I could enen react. Woke up a few minutes later with the entire class laughing their asses off. Including the coach.
FNG
malenurse said:

50 years ago, when I was twelve, boxing in gym class. A little spanish kid half my size hit me at least 3 times before I could enen react. Woke up a few minutes later with the entire class laughing their asses off. Including the coach.

I thought Spaniards were pretty tall? They made good explorers and conquerors.
Billy Foster
AG
About 5 years ago in the parking lot of Lake Havasu bar. A local crow hopped a sucker punch to the side of my head because we were trying to keep their WT friends from beating up a girl. Prob out for 5 seconds. Cops said if we wanted to press charges, I would of had to go back for court. Just went home with the story instead.
duck79
AG
First week of February skiing with family. I thought I was 25 again and tried a jump which my wife has on video. Ski patrol was very concerned when I finally came to and didn't know who our football coach was(had an A&M beanie on). The world has gone to crap since that so part of me wonders if I am still out
Eliminatus
AG
2008. Afghanistan.

Would not mind knowing the location of the sum***** who did it.
Tanya 93
Years ago an at Aggie baseball game.

I did not sue but did make the freshman sign the ball he hit me with on a road trip a couple of weeks later.
redline248
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Years ago an at Aggie baseball game.

I did not sue but did make the freshman sign the ball he hit me with on a road trip a couple of weeks later.
Keep your eyes on line drives and foul balls at all times!
Freshman year of college, knocked myself out, trying to learn to use nunchucks.

After the second time, you learn not to make that mistake again.
BurnetAggie99
Been only out one time, which was in HS Varisty Football. Was playing WR , caught a pass over the middle. The ball wasn't a perfect throw, and was a helmet to helmet hit. Basically targeting in today's game. Was out for few minutes and came to as the trainer was rubbing smelling salt under my nose.

Back then there wasn't any concussion protocols, so sat out a few plays while the trainer looked me over. He said you good to go and I said yep.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Never
gooberhead
AG
30 years ago. Was putting up fence with my dad. He was stretching wire, his hand slipped. Backhanded me to the face with wire stretcher. He caught me before I hit the ground.
Bless his heart, he thought he had killed me!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FNG
C@LAg said:

colonoscopy. February.

That is a great nap. And no hangover.

Propofol is amazing stuff. The anesthesiologist called it "Jackson Juice"
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FNG
C@LAg said:

FNG said:

I did wake up during the procedure and start talking to the staff working on me.
been there, done that.

I was not in pain. But I woke up and opened my eyes and was pretty lucid. They had a towel over my eyes.

The surgeon, who did NOT mention that he would be doing more instruction than actual surgery, was telling a younger doctor "Ok, make an incision here. Alright, clamp and suture here." And some other stuff.

I started talking, "Hey, guys, is it supposed to be like this? What's going on? I can't see."

Someone said "Oh, CRAP! He's awake!"

Then I was out again.

It was at Mr. Anderson's Fun House getting my port removed.
FNG
C@LAg said:

FNG said:

C@LAg said:

colonoscopy. February.

That is a great nap. And no hangover.

Propofol is amazing stuff. The anesthesiologist called it "Jackson Juice"
I came to during that colonoscopy, as detailed elsewhere here.

Kaiser has a very modern gastro surgery center, with lots of HDTV video screens in the room, so one of my first images when I came out was of the plumbing on a big ass 50 inch screen 2 feet in front of my face.

As long as you didn't feel anything and they did not find anything bad, no worries!
wangus12
AG
Senior year of high school. Took an elbow to the face in a soccer game. Shattered my nose and knocked me out for a good 30 seconds. Turned my white jersey red as well.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
I was celebrating my dwi acquittal after the trial and got into a fight with a bouncer, got pepper sprayed by and then punched by a cop, was arrested again, then got the charges dropped.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PneumAg
5th or 6th grade maybe.
ClickClack
AG
malenurse said:

Im guessing he wasn't actually "Spanish".

Hispanic maybe.
TyHolden
AG
Kingpin knocked me out cold once...but I always get back up...

The Fife
It's never happened. Not even for wisdom tooth removal, I was fully awake and aware of what was going on the entire time.
Sailor
My Dad was a construction superintendent and the company he worked for was putting an 8 story addition on a hospital. In the summers, I would work doing "kid jobs" for a little spending money. For this one, I operated the external material hoist which is essentially a stand-up caged external elevator powered by a gas engine. This is how materials were transported between floors. Controls were only at the engine so it was a real job to be there when needed.

So, outside, hard-hat on next to the hoist just in case someone needed me to operate it. They had poured the seventh floor two days before and were wrecking the wood forms off the concrete and had one form stuck. Now, my Dad was the hardest working man I ever knew and he would not stand for laziness or delays, so he grabbed a pry bar yelling at the workers to move and watch how it is done. So, that 5' x 8', 3/4" plywood form broke loose and fell seven floors and hit me in the head. Lucky I had my hard-hat on otherwise it would have killed me. Also, lucky it didn't catch me in the neck as it flopped down. I woke up with a, uh, foreign worker, asking me if I was ok. Don't know how long I was out.

Upon seeing what happened, Dad rushed down to see me awake, gave me 50 cents and said, "Go get a Coke and get back to work." Note, we were at a WORKING HOSPITAL. Years later, I find out I have back issues due to vertebrae out of alignment. Docs say it was probably due to this impact.
FNG
Holy carp!!!!
aTm2004
AG
A couple of months ago when your wife's abnormally large fun bags came hammering down on me with Thor-like force.
aTm2004
AG
Holy crap. Just a personal question...did he ever tell you he loved you?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.