What does the richest self-made woman you know do for a living?

8,979 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieDoc19
MisterEddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much does she make a year?
Tatem
My mom. Grew up in poverty and is now worth double digits millions
She owns a logistic company and has invested in some real estate over the years

I will say-money changes people though
She's a different person than she was before she amassed her fortune

Wildcat
AG
Independent insurance agency owner. Started selling, bought out the previous owner when he retired.

Dont know what the agency makes annually, but it's a significant sum. Something like 15 agents in the office and a slew of staff. Lots of mouths to feed.
Aegrescit medendo
aTm2004
AG
My wife's uncle (MIL's brother). He bought the ~3k acre farm from his dad (wasn't given) and has grown it to more land that he both owns and leases. He has well into the 7-figures of John Deere equipment and Peterbilts sitting around, all acquired by him, and has several different revenue streams coming in from things he either grows or raises. Hell of a business man with 0 college credit hours. Just a small town midwestern farmer who could probably walk into Mays and teach a class to young entrepreneurs on how to run a successful business, when to properly use debt, and how to minimize your taxes.

My BIL works the farm as well and has began buying his own land and assets. He's mentioned he's learned more from his uncle than he did in college getting a business degree.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm seeing a lot of he's when the OP asked for she's. It is 2020 though, so who knows.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
JoeAggie5
she's involved with an investment group, mainly they invest in properties, I don't know her split, but there are 4 of them. Started small and has just kept getting bigger. Not sure how much she makes, but enough to own two $1M+ homes and very nice vehicles.
John Francis Donaghy
aTm2004 said:

My wife's uncle (MIL's brother). He bought the ~3k acre farm from his dad (wasn't given) and has grown it to more land that he both owns and leases. He has well into the 7-figures of John Deere equipment and Peterbilts sitting around, all acquired by him, and has several different revenue streams coming in from things he either grows or raises. Hell of a business man with 0 college credit hours. Just a small town midwestern farmer who could probably walk into Mays and teach a class to young entrepreneurs on how to run a successful business, when to properly use debt, and how to minimize your taxes.

My BIL works the farm as well and has began buying his own land and assets. He's mentioned he's learned more from his uncle than he did in college getting a business degree.

They must be very effeminate to qualify for inclusion in this thread. Are the John Deeres and Peterbilts painted pink?
Scoopen Skwert
AG
You don't read so good, do you?
HBCanine08
AG
Owns her own accounting firm
Woody2006
AG
Obama told me she didn't build it
chipotle
**ssy got bank in her pocket before she got diq in her drawers
LupinusTexensis
Started off as a dentist, made excellent investments and is good with her money, and bought a bunch of investment properties. She still practices dentistry a few days a week because she really loves it, but she gets to choose what million dollar house she wants to sleep in every night.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Divorce.
aTm2004
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

aTm2004 said:

They must be very effeminate to qualify for inclusion in this thread. Are the John Deeres and Peterbilts painted pink?

Totally missed the woman part. Oops!
up-n-aTm
AG
My mother-in-law.

Was broke with 6 kids in the 70's. Started working at an insurance agency, then went out on her own with the few clients she had. Turned her agency into a decent sized operation, but she also saved every damn nickel she made. She's got millions in the bank now due to investments and just being a total tightwad.
combat wombat™
AG
Mortgage bank; she was one of the original founders.
aTm2004
AG
Since I'm an idiot and missed the woman part, here's a woman...

The mother of one of my wife's friends. She's been single for about 30 years and started some type of O&G company back in the early 90's. Bought her daughter's house for her, puts her in a loaded SUV, pays for a nanny since her daughter actually wants to work (teacher). I've met her a few times and she's a nice lady but seems a little off.
TxSquarebody
Petroleum Engineer from OU. Manufactures some sort of well test equipment. Diversified into wind energy.
Tree Hugger
AG
Well, she started off with Scensty and Rodan-Fields, but has since amassed dozens of dollars selling Young Living essential oils.
LakeCharles
Orthopedic Surgeon. 500-600K a year
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Your mom, hooker
Bruce Almighty
AG
My wife's an ER doc and made 450K in 2019.
pdc093
I see those damn 'Scentsy' SUV's EVERYWHERE!
LakeCharles
Does your wife make more than any woman you know?
Bruce Almighty
AG
LakeCharles said:

Does your wife make more than any woman you know?

Maybe. I know a lot of her doctor friends and it's possible some make more. One of her best friends is a neurologist and she may make more.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Divorce.
That's how my ex wife became a millionairess, but actually she's not worth a damn thing.
cisgenderedAggie
"Photography"
Laser Wolf
cisgenderedAggie said:

"Photography"

Fauxtogs
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
FNG
My late aunt was the wealthiest woman I knew. Not a lot of education past high school but brilliant and could and would outwork everyone in her various fields.

Retired at 50 after selling the four businesses she started. Carried her own note on one of those sales. New owner made the business fail. She came out of retirement for a year or so and resurrected it and sold it again.

She had an amazing attitude and more confidence than most people you will meet in your lifetime.

She was very generous to family. Gave me the first $100 bill I ever saw. It was my brother's birthday. He got $100. She gave me the c-note because it WAS NOT my birthday. I was maybe 6 years old.

Another time we went to the Houston Galleria and let me and my brother by anything we wanted.

She bought an RV while she was still working and took long weekends to get away and unwind. In the summers she would take us kids all over the state.

She kept a .410 snake charmer under the sofa in the RV and a .357 in the console.

And she once paid in full for a new Cadillac and had the custodian get the commission check for the sale because nobody on the sales floor would help her. She had the custodian show her a car. She had showed up to buy the car after she got through working flower beds. The sales people ignored her.

She was something else. And not surprising, the firstborn of six kids.
aTm2004
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Academic or private group?
Bruce Almighty
AG
aTm2004 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Academic or private group?

Private
dcAg
I know a woman that essentialy built the largest internet provider in Europe. She's a multi-billionaire and resides "full time" in Monaco.
swimmerbabe11
the CEO of Lockheed Martin
TecRecAg
AG
FNG said:

And she once paid in full for a new Cadillac and had the custodian get the commission check for the sale because nobody on the sales floor would help her. She had the custodian show her a car. She had showed up to buy the car after she got through working flower beds. The sales people ignored her.
That's awesome.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.