Girly Board: Overtone hair dye

9,617 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since I don't have to worry about work for at least two weeks, I'm considering ordering some of the overtone hair dye conditioner stuff in either rose gold or purple. Have any of you tried it? Like it? Hate it?

Should I do the purple or the rose gold or do both and twist each color in randomly throughout? (the last is jokes)

If you have favorite hair conditioning/thickening/growth masks and recipes you can share them here too

King moto moto
AG

swimmerbabe11 said:

Since I don't have to worry about work for at least two weeks, I'm considering ordering some of the overtone hair dye conditioner stuff in either rose gold or purple. Have any of you tried it? Like it? Hate it?

Should I do the purple or the rose gold or do both and twist each color in randomly throughout? (the last is jokes)

If you have favorite hair conditioning/thickening/growth masks and recipes you can share them here too

Avoid purple, very easy for it to come out weird.

I am all for making my own clay mask conditioners these days.

swimmerbabe11
my hair is pretty dark and this is a washout..and I don't need to leave my house for the next couple of weeks soooo

my go to hair mask is avacado oil + caster oil + coconut oil + water.

I have bananas that are getting over ripe, so I may end up using them for a face or hair mask soon.
King moto moto
AG

swimmerbabe11 said:

my hair is pretty dark and this is a washout..and I don't need to leave my house for the next couple of weeks soooo

my go to hair mask is avacado oil + caster oil + coconut oil + water.

I have bananas that are getting over ripe, so I may end up using them for a face or hair mask soon.
Sounds like you picked your colour!

Go for it and share pictures after its all done!
BenFiasco14
AG
It's hard for me to tell without seeing your pretty face and, perhaps, a tasteful glance at the cans
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Claude!
Quote:

rose gold

10k antique
Charpie
AG
Don't buy overtone. Sallys makes some and its better than overtone at about the quarter of the price
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
swimmerbabe11
This is the content I'm looking for my dear! a link?

I want to buy soon, because basically it needs to be almost washed out when I get to work on (hopefully april 3rd assuming I still have a job)
Charpie
AG
Ah. Well that's not gonna happen, even with Overtone. I had to use color remover to get it out of my hair.
swimmerbabe11
the stuff I read said it only lasts like 2 weeks? Are they lying liar faces?
Charpie
AG
I got red. It was like having real hair color on there
PneumAg
swimmerbabe11 said:

Post your cans
swimmerbabe11
boo. The whole point was that it is supposed to be healthier and not be remotely permanent.
I dun wanna permanent color. I want a fling.
Humorous Username
AG
I love my wife, but really wish she would stop chopping her hair off at the shoulders. Longer hair is where it's at.
Ag81Golf
swimmerbabe11 said:

boo. The whole point was that it is supposed to be healthier and not be remotely permanent.

I am just here for the fling!
Leeman
Ag81Golf said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I am just here for the cans !
fify
Scoopen Skwert
AG
You dye shirts. You color hair. Hth.

george1992
COME ON NOW. SOME OF US ARE DYING. SHOW US THOSE BOUNTIFUL BREASTS OP.
swimmerbabe11

The Fife
A friend did this and it ended up a lot more permanent than she thought it would be. I don't remember the details behind it beyond her going somewhere to have it done and it looking really good at first. She went more on the purple side instead of red, and it was a bit more iridescent. It was supposed to be a quick turning 39 thing but wound up sticking around and became something she ended up working around for a year or two off and on.
Tatem
Moto moto is female??
PoohAh97
AG
The Fife said:

A friend did this and it ended up a lot more permanent than she thought it would be. I don't remember the details behind it beyond her going somewhere to have it done and it looking really good at first. She went more on the purple side instead of red, and it was a bit more iridescent. It was supposed to be a quick turning 39 thing but wound up sticking around and became something she ended up working around for a year or two off and on.
Not much of a problem since she'd been invisible for at least 4 years by then.
swimmerbabe11
blonde or brunette? what brand did she use?
PoohAh97
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

And what percentage of grey?
Unemployed
AG
Tatem said:

Moto moto is female??
Nah...

He's gay.
The Fife
swimmerbabe11 said:

Natural red, that's why a bunch of us thought she was crazy. I'll ask if she remembers or they told her. It definitely wasn't a DIY thing. Really it was maintenance and whatever they did to color I that caught up with her. I want to say this lasted a few months before the damage was too much to overcome. She had to have her hair darkened significantly for the whole thing to work.
Slicer97
AG
RealTalk said:

Tatem said:

Moto moto is female??
Nah...

He's gay.

I thought he was canadian. Or is there a difference?
george1992
King moto moto
AG

Slicer97 said:

RealTalk said:

Tatem said:

Moto moto is female??
Nah...

He's gay.

I thought he was canadian. Or is there a difference?
I am a gay girl that is Canadian.

duh.
swimmerbabe11
3-7 days til it gets here.
King moto moto
AG

swimmerbabe11 said:

3-7 days til it gets here.
Will you run out of time before you head back in the office?
swimmerbabe11
meh, what are they going to..make me more fired?

I work at a retail store. hair isnt supposed to be unnatural. honestly though, if they like it, they dont care.
Tatem
swimmerbabe11 said:

meh, what are they going to..make me more fired?

You got fired??
swimmerbabe11
I mean, suppposedly I'll have a job when this all blows over, but I was told to file for unemployment.
I'm not too worried about eventually going back. More concerned about the job interview I had where they liked me, they really liked me... then I was like "cool so what next!" and they were like "f if we know, we are all working from home"
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.