Have you ever had a Child Molester living in you neighborhood?

7,162 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txags92
Gramercy Riffs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buck Compton said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Within five blocks of me according to that map:

9 L
7 M
2 H
1 N
Damn, dude... Where are you at?? Within 3 miles of me, there is 2 L, 1 N. That's it. If you expand to 5 miles, you get quite a few more Ls, a few Ms, and 1 H.

I don't know how they measure the risk level (some of the "Low" risk offenses sound much worse than a few of the "High" risk offenses.

Downtown Austin. A dozen of those listed are all registered at the same address, which is the homeless shelter. That leaves only a few others scattered across the neighborhood.
Frozen Concoction
I have a former coworker who also lives in my neighborhood. Apparently he was convicted of attempt to solicit a 14 year old online. I worked with the guy for several years after his conviction before he was laid off and I learned about his history.
aeon-ag
jny_fkn_fbl said:

Quote:

The boy told police 25-year-old Chansellor Hill, who is 6 feet 4 inches tall and 260 pounds, trapped him in a family bathroom, sexually assaulted him and took pictures on his cellphone

Baylor just offered this guy a scholarship
Plays on offense??!!
NoahAg
ABATTBQ11 said:

This is kind of a Pandora's box that should be looked at with care and a brain of salt...

Someone on this board has shared a story a couple of times of his dad's friend who was falsely accused of molesting a child, went to prison with a 40 year sentence, and ended up on this list. I think he was a scoutmaster and the kid was a scout who got pissed off because he wouldn't check him off on something. The kid who accused him recanted after several years. He'd made it up and, as an 11 year old kid, had no idea of the gravity of what he did. As he grew older, the full impact and realization of how he'd ruined this man's life over nothing caused him to come clean. It was too late though. The guy lost his house, his job, his reputation, his wife, and his kids, not to mention 6 years (IIRC) in prison as a supposed child molester.

He moved out of state for a fresh start and was getting his record cleared. He was still on the list despite the conviction being overturned. He had a neighbor who found him on the list, decided to be a Billy badass, and beat him to death with a pipe to, "protect his kids." He was horrified when he found out the whole story and that he murdered an innocent man. He rightfully went to prison for it. The original kid ended up killing himself out of guilt.
Thanks for setting me up for my next screen play. Holy cow.
TX AG 88
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

TX AG 88 said:

years after my family moved away from the street I grew up on, the across the street neighbor was convicted of child molestation or indecency with a child. Heard the rumor and verified it on the sex offender database.

Wow, so that happened *near* a place you hadn't lived in a decade. Really makes you think.

Let me rephrase. The man who lived across the street from my family when I was growing up was convicted of child molestation after we moved away. Didn't hear about it until years later, but who's to say he never had or acted upon deviant urges during the years we lived there? I knew the man and he knew us kids by name.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Frozen Concoction said:

I have a former coworker who also lives in my neighborhood. Apparently he was convicted of attempt to solicit a 14 year old online. I worked with the guy for several years after his conviction before he was laid off and I learned about his history.
I interned at an insurance broker one summer in college. There was a guy in the call center that I thought was a bit...off. One day, I came back from lunch and two postal inspectors were busy unplugging his computer and confiscating it. Turns out he was soliciting underage girls for sex.
Frozen Concoction
blindey said:

Frozen Concoction said:

I interned at an insurance broker one summer in college. There was a guy in the call center that I thought was a bit...off. One day, I came back from lunch and two postal inspectors were busy unplugging his computer and confiscating it. Turns out he was soliciting underage girls for sex.

This guy seemed like a perfectly normal engineer. He was easy to get along with and nice to work with. I was shocked to see his mugshots.
Southlake
Because he used his cell phone to take pics, this creep is now under Federal charges and being kept in a Federal facility.
Burn-It
AG
Search for Baycliff Texas and you will find the registered sex offender HQ. Its like they know that's where to live amongst their peers.
AKA 13-0
JMac03
AG
Moxley said:

And I just found out the kid who sat in front of me in high school physics is a child molester.
About once a year I go through it - and look at my hometown and surrounding cities, as well as where I live now. At least 2 people I went to school with for 5-12 years are on it, including one who lived about 5 houses down from me.
RyanAg08
AG
Sid said:

I went to high school with a serial killer. He ended murdering several prostitutes over a number of years in Houston.

Hookers. When they're dead they're just hookers.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Shows only one in my zip code and he's 89 years old.
degreedy
AG
rlb28 said:

Texas Sex Offender Registry

by zip, city, county, name, UNIVERSITY (employee), etc...
Sad to see that there are more Ags on that list than folks from Tceh....
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
NPH- said:

rlb28 said:

Texas Sex Offender Registry

by zip, city, county, name, UNIVERSITY (employee), etc...
Sad to see that there are more Ags on that list than folks from Tceh....

A&M has more than twice as many alumni
degreedy
AG
Still no excuse....
TommyGun
AG
Baytown Serial Rapist

This guy lived a street over from me and I went to high school with him. One of his victims lived another street over in the same neighborhood. I knew all of the guys he assaulted and I basically fit the profile of most of his victims. On one of his assaults he entered the suspects attached garage during the late evening hours while nobody was outside and hid out behind some boxes for hours until everyone was asleep inside the house. He then entered the home and went to the victims bedroom and woke him up with a gun to his head and started making demands. To this day, I always check the garage before going asleep and do a quick sweep of the house.
Liquid Wrench
wbt5845 said:

Wow - I look every now and then and there was no one close - now there is a convicted rapist in the neighborhood just north of us - but it's only like four houses from us.
Might wanna start tying up that bathrobe when you go out to get the paper.
txags92
AG
jny_fkn_fbl said:

Quote:

The boy told police 25-year-old Chansellor Hill, who is 6 feet 4 inches tall and 260 pounds, trapped him in a family bathroom, sexually assaulted him and took pictures on his cellphone

Baylor just offered this guy a scholarship
Penn State just offered him a coaching position.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.