What's one habit you have that you'd like to kick?

5,248 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 30wedge
Na Zdraví 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OregonAggie said:

Na Zdrav 87 said:

Beer

Beer?

BEER????

Say it ain't so
Need to lose some weight and beer doesn't help!
FIDO*98*
AG
Get back to me in a year or more. I've gone weeks, I've gone months. The Cope Monster always lies waiting patiently. I'm on day 11 or 12 right now
Mooch98
AG
Tex117
AG
Copenhagen for me.

Finally had had enough.
Tex117
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Get back to me in a year or more. I've gone weeks, I've gone months. The Cope Monster always lies waiting patiently. I'm on day 11 or 12 right now
Dude. Just keep one thing in mind.

You can never have one. Thats it. Not one.

Not with your buddies. Not on the hunting lease. Not driving home after work. None.

As soon as you resolve yourself to that, it will be much easier.
planoaggie123
AG
Truth. The "one on the golf range" is the one that caused me to buy a can which caused me to bring it to work which caused me to start dipping again.

Granted, I only put in 1 dip, 3 or 4 days a week (never weekends and usually skip Monday and one other day), its still something I wish I hadn't started. At this point I keep it to at-work only and will not bring it home or in car, etc. Over holidays when we travel i just go without and its usually not a big deal. I don't get headaches but I do find myself a bit more irritable for about 1 day after 6+ days without.
Swarely
OregonAggie said:

CajunAg97 said:

I'm happy to report that I kicked the Cope habit right around Christmas.

Just throw it away and don't look back.

Congrats! I threw away my can New Years Day after we beat Duke in the Chic Fil A Bowl. There have been a couple times were I've been tempted to have "just one pinch", but I haven't slipped up once!
JAG03
AG
It doesn't get much easier. I'm going on almost 10 years without snuff and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want a dip.
FIDO*98*
AG
JAG03 said:

It doesn't get much easier. I'm going on almost 10 years without snuff and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want a dip.

I finished a full Marathon in December and was probably 3 months snuff free. 5 minutes after I sat down to rest I wanted to throw in a big ole pinch. How ****ed up is that?

In the end, it's always the Beer that gets me. I've had to accept that I'm going to have to give up drinking if I ever want to be free from the snuff machine
Tanya 93
Swarely said:

One time in college I got off work at Wings N More 20 minutes before they quit selling beer. Ran into Walmart, grabbed a 24 pack, then went to the register. Got stuck behind 2! Extreme couponers. One of the managers saw me about to cry and checked me out himself.
Not an extreme couponer.

And most of mine are digital on the store card

Just use a paper coupon when cereal I buy anyway is 3 for 10 and I have a 2 dollar off coupon, etc..
Ragoo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Swarely said:

One time in college I got off work at Wings N More 20 minutes before they quit selling beer. Ran into Walmart, grabbed a 24 pack, then went to the register. Got stuck behind 2! Extreme couponers. One of the managers saw me about to cry and checked me out himself.
Not an extreme couponer.

And most of mine are digital on the store card

Just use a paper coupon when cereal I buy anyway is 3 for 10 and I have a 2 dollar off coupon, etc..
/Tanya
YellAgs
AG
Fast food. Im lolzfat
BenFiasco14
AG
OregonAggie said:

CajunAg97 said:

I'm happy to report that I kicked the Cope habit right around Christmas.

Just throw it away and don't look back.

9 months free for me. Still miss Copenhagen wintergreen all the time, but don't miss increased worry over mouth cancer.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
redline248
AG
Na Zdrav 87 said:

OregonAggie said:

Na Zdrav 87 said:

Beer

Beer?

BEER????

Say it ain't so
Need to lose some weight and beer doesn't help!

Keep the beer and stop eating bread and pasta, instead. Most places will serve you a burger without the bun, these days
Max06
AG
It's like masturbation, it may feel good while you're doing it but in the end you're just effing yourself.
goodAg80
AG
Max06 said:

It's like masturbation, it may feel good while you're doing it but in the end you're just effing yourself.
You're making procrastination sound good.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Procrasturbation
30wedge
FIDO*98* said:

I go to Academy and buy fishing crap. Some gets lost, some never gets used, and some is crap I already have like 50 of.
That is so me! And I pretty much buy the same thing each time, to add to what I already have and haven't used. At various times my stand by's were Stanley Rattleback jigs in black/blue/purple, Zoom Brush Hogs, Senko worms, Gamakatsu EWG hooks, worm weights. After I die, my wife can open a mini-Academy, she already has the inventory.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.