worst/best uses of a loan you've ever seen

11,309 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by goodAg80
Oryx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
inb4 school
Ragoo
AG
Shelter
King moto moto
AG

sex and drugs
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
swc93
AG
A friend loaned me his truck once. Saved from having to rent a Uhaul.
Cromagnum
AG
Taking a loan out for the sole intent of gambling.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Bondag
AG
Knew a guy in college that had extra money one semester from student loans so he bought a big screen and surround sound for his dorm room.

He now works in risk management for an insurance company.
nai06
AG
one of the banks on my drive home advertises personal vacation loans which seems like a pretty terrible idea.
Bondag
AG
nai06 said:

one of the banks on my drive home advertises personal vacation loans which seems like a pretty terrible idea.
What if you use a personal vacation loan to get vacation boobs?
permabull
AG
riverrataggie
AG
Your mom
B-1 83
AG
Friend's grandson, 21 years old, 6 months married, 1 1/2 year old child, low level oilfield job ($40k), buys an F350 King Ranch, 4wd, crew cab dually pickup.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
nai06 said:

nothing like a second mortgage to settle for Branson.
goodAg80
AG
riverrataggie said:

Your mom
You paid? We all got paid by her.
javajaws
AG
Boobs...they're the gift that keeps on giving.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
MouthBQ98
AG
Buying Enron stock about 1999. Or pets.com. Or dozens of options, really.
Beer Baron
AG
The ole west Texas special. If you don't get out immediately after graduation, this is your life.
normaleagle05
AG
B-1 83 said:

Friend's grandson, 21 years old, 6 months married, 1 1/2 year old child, low level oilfield job ($40k), buys an F350 King Ranch, 4wd, crew cab dually pickup.

1)I'll believe $40k @ 2080 hours/year.
2)No way with overtime and per diem.
3) He never gets to drive it.
4) It's not his kid... because....see #3.
Duncan Idaho
Best...Lent $200 to a roommate in college to help his girlfriend pay for something

Worst....lent $200 to a roommate in college to help his girlfriend pay for something
lotsofhp
AG
B-1 83 said:

I wish there was some way of knowing all of these details about every car you see on the road. I can't help but assume this very scenario every time I see someone my age or younger hop out of a brand new truck.

When I was working the warehouse portion of an internship in college, there was a guy making $10 an hour who drove a brand new Tahoe. I rode in it when we went to lunch together one day and on the way back from lunch we had to stop at the pawn shop to buy back his iPod.
george1992
B-1 83 said:

You can live in a truck but cant drive a house.
Will Hunt
In February '09 I took 50K against a personal line of credit and put in Ford at 1.59. Made interest payments for just under 2 years when it hit my Auto-sell order at 18. Was a nice run.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Duncan Idaho said:

Best...Lent $200 to a roommate in college to help his girlfriend pay for something

Worst....lent $200 to a roommate in college to help his girlfriend pay for something

Why would you pay for your roommate to get a blowjob?
MD1993
AG
Owners using money to buy stocks and not just buying, but buy on margin. They are not good at picking out stocks and margin calls can suck.
Burdizzo
AG
I put all my Dave Ramsey books and tapes on a high interest credit card.
Burdizzo
AG
B-1 83 said:

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/77018
The Fife
Best use:
renting some big ass rims like 22"s. Step yo game up!
Leeman
The Fife said:

Best use:
renting some big ass rims like 22"s. Step yo game up!
22's ? Those are old school !
Ragoo
AG
I've mentioned this before. A guy I used to work with was conned by his own brother. His brother convinced him to pay for larger uptops for the brother's wife. Shortly after the uptops were installed the wife filed for divorce. Cold.
DaveRamsey
Burdizzo said:

While that would be the best use for a loan because you would learn to never do that again, I only accept cash, check or debit card.
Burdizzo
AG
DaveRamsey said:

Burdizzo said:

While that would be the best use for a loan because you would learn to never do that again, I only accept cash, check or debit card.

I didn't say I was following the advice on them.
chjoak
AG
B-1 83 said:

Sounds like a younger version of my BIL. He is 35ish, married, 3 kids (between 3 & 6) on his 2nd house and 4th vehicle since getting married 6.5 yrs ago. He needed help from his parents with the closing costs on BOTH houses and was upside down on his trade with all of his trucks. Only one of the 4 were new. The current is a diesel F250 with mud tires that he bought without telling his wife. He also drives it 500 miles to the oilfield and back every 2 weeks. Between groceries and fuel he spends more than $500 each time he has a hitch.
Ulrich
Probably gets some money for car payments. Pretty common if he doesn't get a company truck.
lexofer
AG
Lady I used to work near that talked way too loud on speaker phone had just got remarried and wanted to buy a really expensive new house. Bank kept telling her that was too much for their income. She finally settled on a house that was exactly the maximum the bank would approve to loan them. The house was still under construction so she picked out all the paint colors, cabinets, flooring etc.

Just before she closed on the house they bought a new Corvette and a boat in the same weekend. She was then irate that the bank wouldn't loan her the money for the house. She ended up having her new MIL cover the difference in exchange for living in the house with them. A few months later she was always on the phone arguing with her husband demanding the MIL move out of the house she helped pay for. Surprisingly that marriage didn't even last a year.
TecRecAg
AG
This sounds like the worst person in the world. Yikes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.