Your favorite KINE class?

8,662 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ogre09
RGV AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wrangler said:

Took Scuba from Tom Meinecke. Had a blast. Enjoyed the many after-class socials at one of the nearby bars. RIP Tom.

Yep, Tom was a great prof, excellent instructor, an even better friend and just a great human being. I miss him every single day. And like many other I have thousands of great memories or him and his classes and outings. He made college a lot of fun.
JayAggie
AG
Venture Dynamics and Golf.

Beginning Swimming (had to pretend I couldn't swim to stay in) was fun too.
Roll the Bones
AG
Riflery down under Kyle Field. It was cool looking up and seeing the inverse stair step pattern of the student section.
tamu80
AG
I took riflery under Kyle Field too. Made a B. You had to shoot some insane score to get an A.
Also, fencing and beginning and advanced SCUBA - we never played underwater hockey though.
PoohAh97
AG
supradave94 said:

Riflery down under Kyle Field. It was cool looking up and seeing the inverse stair step pattern of the student section.
That would have been cool to do. Did you have to bring your own rifle? Iron sights or scopes? What range?
Burdizzo
AG
PoohAh97 said:

supradave94 said:

That would have been cool to do. Did you have to bring your own rifle? Iron sights or scopes? What range?

.177 pellet rifles provided by the depart. Range was pretty short, maybe 25 yards. The grades were based on target shooting from the major positions. I took it Spring 1986.

My teacher was a woman named Grieben. She was an NRA certified instructor who made it a point to tell us she did not hunt. She was no fun.
Roll the Bones
AG
rifles were supplied. They were high powered air rifles. Iron sites. Had to pass off from standing, seated, prone, etc. It was fun.
The Shank Ag
B-1 83 said:

Angling
Part of the final was casting plugs and flys into buckets on Kyle Field
Replace plugs and flys with spinnerbaits, Buckets with a coffee can, And Kyle field with my parents driveway,
And that was probably every afternoon for a month after I got my first baitcasting reel around 9 or 10 years old.

Couple decades later and it's a fun trick to bust out after a poker night or a party when all the wives are in the house. Usually can end up winning a few bucks.
tamu80
AG
The under Kyle rifle range was 33 feet (10 meters).
ag03kc
AG
Venture Dynamics with Martha Muckleroy (sp?).
aggietig
AG
Took bowling twice
Venture Dynamics
Skiing (the dropped it since it was so hot)
Golf
Some weird all around sports testing class where we got timed in the mile run, 200 meter run, mile and a half speed walk, 100 meter swim, and some weight lifting...can't remember what it was called. Speed walking was actually really hard!
Bird Poo
AG
Badminton 3 times. Yes, I'm Caucasian.
Burdizzo
AG
PearlJammin said:

Badminton 3 times. Yes, I'm Caucasian.

Sounds pretty Asian to me
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've got your back as a fellow KINE badminton white boy. It was the most fun of the 4 KINE's I took; again, because they mostly just let us play
pilgrim82
AG
Flickerball...some made up game with a football and backboard with a hole in it...I proclaimed that I could score at will by going in the corner and receiving the in pass...the teacher said he could stop me...I scored three straight "trips" and got an A.
Burdizzo
AG
pilgrim82 said:

Flickerball...some made up game with a football and backboard with a hole in it...I proclaimed that I could score at will by going in the corner and receiving the in pass...the teacher said he could stop me...I scored three straight "trips" and got an A.

We played flickerball in high school in the 1980s as a PE activity. We thought it was pretty fun. I also took it as PHED 199 at A&M. It was Flag Football and Flickerball together. The flickerball section lasted about 2 weeks, and we played flag football the rest of the semester.

I will always remember that class because I got clotheslined running a route across the middle. Second time in my life I got the breath knocked out of me.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I remember flickerball in middle school. It was really fun.
BleacherRat
RealTalk said:

Golf.

But I only took golf and bowling. I took each of them twice to fulfill the 4 hours KINE requirement.
What an Einstein.
Gig 'em!
TX AG 88
AG
I took Aerobic Running twice the same semester, on different days. One class we got our grade by running a mile for time. 6:00 and under was an A. The other class we worked up to an 8-mile run for an A. Got my A in both, but had to go talk to the instructor of the 6-min mile class to get it. As we were finishing the run, he was at the finish line counting out loud. I could hear that i was good for the A, so I let up for the last 30 yards or so. I crossed as he was saying "5:59... 6:00". We walked in order to a sign in sheet where we wrote our names and time. I wrote "6:00" instead of "5:59." I got a B when I got my grades after the semester.

I went and talked to the guy and said "I thought 6:00 was the time for an A!" He said "well, I told my secretary 'under 6 minutes is an A, over 6 minutes is a B' but I didn't specifically say what exactly 6 minutes was worth. Let's look at the attendance roster." I had no marked absences, so he changed my grade to an A. Truth is, I missed class 3 times that semester. A guy that I got to know in the class solely because we just happened to run at the same pace had told me EACH TIME "he didn't take roll when you missed!" The funny thing is, he never failed to take roll every time I went. I guess I was living right that semester... the three classes I missed were the 3 classes where he didn't take roll. (Should have just written down 5:59!)
aggiebrad94
AG
Handball
racquetball
Volleyball
badminton

My badminton class had two Asian guys in it. I started at the midway court and worked up to court number two pretty quickly. I played both Asians on court one in different matches. I lost 15-0 to one, and 15-1 to the other. In the end, I proudly claim being the best white badminton played in the class.

Handball was a blast because i had never played before. Unfortunately, I popped some thing in my hand halfway through the semester which caused major swelling and pain. I got a C because i only played in half the required matches.
BlueMiles
AG
Scuba
Sailing
Running (heard a lot of "Aggie jokes" about this one)
Fitness and Conditioning
rhoswen
AG
GSlice06 said:

Mount Aggie Skiing EOT

First day from the top some chick couldn't even wedge, straight down, jumped the Astro turf and sidewalk at the base and smashed in to the fence.

Best class day of the year!

I did that like 6 times.
FbgTxAg
AG
Aerobic Walking or Speed Walking or Race Walking (can't remember which it was called). Roomates and Buddies laughed their asses off at me when I told them about it and I heard every gay joke...

40 students in the class. Me and 39 females.

Then they called me a "visionary."

Also, I walked a sub 10 minute mile on the final.

The Dog Lord
AG
It was similar for me with badminton except there was only 1 Asian guy in our class. Me and another white dude kept trading off the 2 and 3 spots but neither of us ever beat him. We then decided to team up for doubles thinking we might be able to win that way. The guy destroyed us while his partner just stood there most of the time.

I was shocked at how fun badminton was. I took it as my final KINE course because it fit my schedule the best and seemed to be the best option with what I needed.
Builder93
AG
FbgTxAg said:

Aerobic Walking or Speed Walking or Race Walking (can't remember which it was called). Roomates and Buddies laughed their asses off at me when I told them about it and I heard every gay joke...

40 students in the class. Me and 39 females.

Then they called me a "visionary."

Also, I walked a sub 10 minute mile on the final.

Pshhhtt. I did that going between O.Chem on Main Campus and Genetics on West Campus.
Builder93
AG
Burdizzo said:

PoohAh97 said:

supradave94 said:

.177 pellet rifles provided by the depart. Range was pretty short, maybe 25 yards. The grades were based on target shooting from the major positions. I took it Spring 1986.

My teacher was a woman named Grieben. She was an NRA certified instructor who made it a point to tell us she did not hunt. She was no fun.
The triggers on those rifles were super light. I touched the side of the trigger and shot the ceiling. Fortunately the instructor was at the other end of the range. I had the guy who was a sniper in Vietnam and looked like Elmer Fudd.
Ogre09
AG
Racquetball- it was alright, nothing special

SCUBA- awesome, never did the open water test though

beginning basketball- I was and am still terrible at basketball, but Josh Carter was in the class so that was cool

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.