The Wolfpac is going to Thailand

7,383 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DE4D
Wolfpac 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So the wife and I are heading to Thailand next week for 12 days. We're trying to finish up our last minute checklist. Bangkok -> Chiang Mai -> ****et

What do we need to know?
What are the necessities we should bring?
Anything to be wary of?
When we decide to bring a hooker into our marital bed, how do we know it's not a ****** before it's too late?

Give me all of your wisdom, GB. I will be forever grateful.

Rule #1 compliance:
https://instagr.am/p/BQfv6g3AfCB
Tobias Funke
AG
Don't call yourself that
Wolfpac 08
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Don't call yourself that

Very helpful advice, Tobias. Thank you.
TyHolden
AG
Stay away from bangcock
Woody2006
AG
Pretty ballsy linking directly to your Instagram acct...

Speaking of ballsy... don't assume that just because someone in Thailand appears to be a woman that it actually is one.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Meh...give me a follow. I'm sure you'll be impressed by my photography skills and sweet captions.

My wife is tagged in that pic as well...feel free to follow her as well! She's much better at it than I am.
LisaMarie
AG
Thailand is incredible. Try all the foods. Eat where locals eat. Cover up in all the temples and be respectful. Read up on local scams so you can avoid them.

Also the taxi drivers will try and not use the meter with you and they're supposed to. If they say no just get a different taxi. If they offer you a flat rate it's way more expensive but they hope you don't know any better. We used Grab almost exclusively (Thai Uber) and it was great.
chipotle
So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlours
Claude!
Bravo.
george1992
Judging by all of your insta photos of your wife, she looks like she might be vicious in the sack.
BleacherRat
If you go to a restaurant, be sure you don't eat there if you don't see any cats.
Gig 'em!
Wolfpac 08
AG
LisaMarie said:

Thailand is incredible. Try all the foods. Eat where locals eat. Cover up in all the temples and be respectful. Read up on local scams so you can avoid them.

Also the taxi drivers will try and not use the meter with you and they're supposed to. If they say no just get a different taxi. If they offer you a flat rate it's way more expensive but they hope you don't know any better. We used Grab almost exclusively (Thai Uber) and it was great.

Thanks!! Any suggestions on where to eat?
Liquid Wrench
Are yall full time social media influencers?
Wolfpac 08
AG
No complaints here
Wolfpac 08
AG
No. We both have full time jobs. This is our side gig, though we're working on building it into a full time income stream.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Solid advice
Al Bula
AG
Another vote for Grab. Super easy. I called a cab for the ride out to the airport and the dude couldn't take a card so I used Grab instead.

Traffic is terrible, watch out for motos/dirt bikes.
george1992
Do you know if m_dunzo has any noods out there? She has a massive rack.
Pirate04
AG
I already follow.

Also, go hang out with baby elephants.
Wolfpac 08
AG
You'd have to ask her husband about that one, pal
Wolfpac 08
AG
Pirate! I knew you were good people!

Yes!! We've got a day booked to go to the elephant sanctuary! So excited!
LisaMarie
AG
Just as a tip here, do your research on which elephant sanctuary you're going to. Unfortunately a lot of Asia is very behind in terms of animal welfare. To "train" elephants they are beaten severely to break them into submission. Look for places that don't ride the elephants, or have them chained. Things are beginning to change for the better but there are still lots of unscrupulous places.

We did Elephant Haven near Kanchanaburi and it was great. The elephants were free to come and go as they pleased and I never saw any whips, prods, etc. From my zookeeper's perspective I felt they were treated well, although I was slightly mortified at how close they let you get to them (from a safety perspective)
Wolfpac 08
AG
My wife did a ton of research, as that was a major concern for her. Not sure which one we're going to, though
wbt5845
AG
When they say something is hot, it means it'll kill you.

Order everything mild. Of course, they'll see you're a round eye and should adjust accordingly.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Did Chiang Mai for 3 nights on our honeymoon. I recommend staying in a boutique hotel in the city center so that you can walk or take a quick tuk-tuk everywhere.

Below is kinda what we did. I thought we did it right with only 2 full days.

Activities:

Elephant half day- take the advice above and go to a place that doesn't ride and they are an open sanctuary. The place we went was awesome. Mud bathed and got to swim with them. They were great.

Thai-cooking class- def do the pad Thai. This seemed like all the same. But it's pretty sweet.

All the different temples- There is one you hike up to as sunrise. Do this.

Restaurant/bar-

On the ping - nice outdoor dinner on river

Moon pie- balcony beers

Good View- solid sports type bar we watched the World Cup at.

The house- like tiny boxwoods in Houston. Great dinner

____

We did a ton of local dive bars that have a ton of ex Pats in them. Fish spa is pretty funny and worth doing. And obviously Thai massage etc.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
wbt5845 said:

When they say something is hot, it means it'll kill you.

Order everything mild. Of course, they'll see you're a round eye and should adjust accordingly.

Truth. Leave your "I like hot TexMex" ego at the airport and choose life!
LisaMarie
AG
Ps Bangkok Food Tours did an awesome night time food tour, had a lot of fun and ate all kinds of interesting things
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
george1992 said:

Judging by all of your insta photos of your wife, she looks like she might be vicious in the sack.
wife appears to be into choke-y stuff. You'll both be ready for the freaky **** you encounter in Bangkok.
Athanasius
AG
My advice:

1- Cody
2- Hill
3- Cameron
4- ???
5- Proffitt
P.C. Principal
Me too, I'm going in July-August for a wedding. Hitting BKK and Koh Samui at least. I am very excite.
george1992
Wolfpac 08 said:

You'd have to ask her husband about that one, pal

Right like you dont stare at them when you get the chance. Unless she's your sister, then that would be gross. Unless she's your stepsister then that's okay.
nonameag99
Soi Cowboy in BKK
Iowaggie
AG
Confucius say man who go through airport turnstile sideways is going to Bangkok.
Tatem
i'm sure Thailand is beautiful but i have zero desire to ever go.
Ragoo
AG
Body By Fisher said:

Are yall full time social media influencers?
obviously not
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.