Are houseplant girls an evolution of catlady or a separate thing all together?

2,083 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Woody2006
Oryx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

This is just a silly thing that happened to me.
I was on date with this guy. It went great. As in "lets sleep at his place" great. He told me he had bunch of plants so I saw it as absolute win scenario (I'll have fun and get some clippings of plants I like). We got to his place and as he went for drinks I decided to take a look at his green babies. They were fake. All of them. Nice fakes, but fake. And suddenly all excitement for the guy was gone. He brought the drinks, I finished it and told him I actually gotta go because of work the next day.
I have nothing against fake plants. Some apartments just have bad lighting and stuff. He just talked about them quite a lot and never mentioned them being fake and I just... felt such disappointment.
I just can't stop thinking about those plastic succulents.

wbt5845
AG
Meanwhile, she probably had plastic boobs and hadn't thought twice about them.
histag10
AG
If he lied (or lied by omission) about his plants being real, what else did he lie about? She's lucky she made it out of his place alive, in one piece, and unassaulted.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Did this guy really talk about his plants a lot? Or did she constantly keep going back to plants and "green babies" and he decided to play along a bit to try to get some? Seems like crazy gonna crazy.

I guess young single guys should make sure to get a few ferns or other hardy house plants. Wow, times have changed.
62strat
AG
I had fake plants once, but they all died because I didn't pretend to water them.

Old RV Ag
AG
62strat said:

I had fake plants once, but they all died because I didn't pretend to water them.

They just looked dead because you forgot to dust them.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
When I was a single guy with a job living on my own after undergrad, I had exactly zero house plants -- real or fake -- in my apartment.

This is obviously a case of a crazy female and a guy that was playing along to try to get laid.
Woody2006
AG
"Green babies"?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.