"Kiddos"

4,234 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BQCadet
Shooz in Katy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What does our spreadsheet say on the term "kiddos?"

I can't stand the word. Who the hell decided the one syllable "kids" should be replaced by lame ass "kiddos?" Am I the only one that cringes every time I hear kiddos? I have kids. Not patsy mini clowns called kiddos.
chipotle
omg things
goodAg80
AG
"mizzou"
Bruce Almighty
AG
No, but I don't walk around with a stick up my ass.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Yep. Everyone but me says kiddos.
(removed:10EA24-2)
Who cares?

Kiddos kiddos kiddos
30wedge
Yeah it is an annoying word. Almost as annoying as people who whistle.
LisaMarie
AG
What's worse is "littles"
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Rutedown
Fur-babies
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Pupper and doggo are both worse than kiddo
DrZ
AG
The worst is schu.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
younglings?
Big Tuna
C@LAg said:

which is worse:

fur-babies or kiddos?

Fur babies and it's not even close
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Rutedown
C@LAg said:

The rib and I like to watch our littles and the neighbors kiddos get together and play with their furbabies
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
TyHolden
AG
It means children in Spanish. White people...
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I may still be drunk or it may be because I've already started drinking because it's Saturday but you need to pick your battles and "kiddos" seems like a pretty small hill to die on.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
DSAg44 said:

It means children in Spanish. White people...

Shakes the Clown
brs4688 said:

LMAO

Blue Star

Not sure why I'm laughing!!!

et98
AG
I teach high school, and there are several other teachers who refer to their students as "my kiddos" or "my babies." I don't know why, but it frustrates me every time like nails on a chalkboard.

One of these ladies teaches seniors and still calls them kiddos and babies. I want to just grab her and say "that 'baby' over there is a grown ass man and has had a full beard for 3 years! That 'kiddo' is 7 months pregnant with her 2nd child! Look at her stomach!"

Yes, I teach in a pretty rough school, but I actually like the students most of the time, it's the teachers who drive me nuts.

It's one thing for women to say those things, but if I ever hear a man say "kiddos" or "babies" when referring to a teenager, or "puppers" or "doggo" when referring to their dog, I'd probably lose it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Man, y'all are too wound up.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
What can I say? I have a very random mind.
Shooz in Katy
AG
et98 said:

I teach high school, and there are several other teachers who refer to their students as "my kiddos" or "my babies." I don't know why, but it frustrates me every time like nails on a chalkboard.

One of these ladies teaches seniors and still calls them kiddos and babies. I want to just grab her and say "that 'baby' over there is a grown ass man and has had a full beard for 3 years! That 'kiddo' is 7 months pregnant with her 2nd child! Look at her stomach!"

Yes, I teach in a pretty rough school, but I actually like the students most of the time, it's the teachers who drive me nuts.

It's one thing for women to say those things, but if I ever hear a man say "kiddos" or "babies" when referring to a teenager, or "puppers" or "doggo" when referring to their dog, I'd probably lose it.
Ragoo
AG
I am just a momma and her kiddos trying to navigate this crazy life. /mom blog
Shakes the Clown
et98 said:

So "kiddos" is "da rib" of 2019 !?

Got it!!

Spreadsheet updated!!
chipotle
brs4688 said:

TXAG 05
AG
Schu in Mizzou said:

et98 said:

Kiddos having kiddos
LupinusTexensis
Is it ok to refer to your dog as fuzz butt??
Woody2006
AG
LupinusTexensis said:

Is it ok to refer to your dog as fuzz butt??

You can get away with damn near anything around here if you just post tits
Ghost91
Agree with OP. Hate the term 'kiddos'. Also hate 'little guy', as in 'this little guy' or 'my little guy'.
Also hate when parents love Aydyn/Cadyn/Maeaghaen 'to the moon and back'. WTF does that even mean?
MouthBQ98
AG
None of you whiners need ever visit Australia then. They do this to a LOT of their words. It might make you insane.
Jack Cheese
AG
Ghost91 said:

Agree with OP. Hate the term 'kiddos'. Also hate 'little guy', as in 'this little guy' or 'my little guy'.
Also hate when parents love Aydyn/Cadyn/Maeaghaen 'to the moon and back'. WTF does that even mean?

It means she love them long time.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.