Mid-Engine Corvette to start at <$60k

4,572 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tom Kazansky 2012
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow

https://jalopnik.com/2020-chevrolet-c8-mid-engine-corvette-everything-we-kn-1836485708
combat wombat™
AG
I imagine a lot of people are going to be wrapping their new <$60,000 cars around trees and running them into walls within minutes of driving them off the lot.
aggie_fan13
AG
Imports > domestics
Tatem
Beautiful
Can I fit a car seat in it?
BeastmodeAg
AG
Wow, for once I'm impressed. I expect these to sell like hot cakes. Looks like a exotic car, this will sell very well!
Not a Bot
AG
Well the parking around the local apartment complexes will be a lot easier now that the $35,000 millionaires will be taking out 96-month loans for these cars instead of the giant 4x4 trucks they are currently driving.
Red Rover
AG
Tatem said:

Beautiful
My charger has more horse power and I can fit 3 cars seats in it.
AggieKatie2
AG
and yet it is slower 0-60 by half a second or more
Red Rover
AG
Mine is sub-3 second 0-60. Without the car seats.
KidDoc
AG
I don't much like the rear end but otherwise looks great. I expect there will be tons of issues and recalls with such a significant revamp.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eliminatus
AG
Been wondering who would be the first to bring the "supercar" world to the masses.

Not a Chevy fan or Corvette fan. But this is pretty slick. And that price range is niiiice. I'm a lolpoor and even my truck is on par with this thing wallet wise.

I'm in for a test drive at least.
Duncan Idaho
You misspelled "Tommy bahama wearing neighbor buying one and parking in their garage next to the harleys they never ride, rarely driving it because they think it will be a classic and appreciate like the 67 the guy down the street had when they were a kid."
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Red Rover said:

Tatem said:

Beautiful
My charger has more horse power and I can fit 3 cars seats in it.

That's the great thing about Dodge Chargers and Challengers. Let's me know when someone is a giant d-bag without having to actually talk to them.
Roll the Bones
AG
Can't believe they're not offering a standard transmission. Takes all of the joy out of driving.
Lt Lois Einhorn
It's kinda like how the internet lets us know who's an unfulfilled, crotchety old person without having to visit their nursing home.
Shooter McGavin
AG
I got Corvette fever real bad and obsessed over it until I got one. I bought a 2000 red C5. It was cool, but I didn't really drive it that much.

My son turned 16 and I sold it. I didn't want to deal with him bugging me to drive it, or sneaking it out while I wasn't around.

Sold it for what I paid for it, and I didn't do anything to it but get it washed and changed the oil. So it was like using the car for free for a couple of years, except the opportunity cost of the money and having to pay insurance.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Well the parking around the local apartment complexes will be a lot easier now that the $35,000 millionaires will be taking out 96-month loans for these cars instead of the giant 4x4 trucks they are currently driving.

Whoa, inflation.
Rojo Grande
Chargers....... LOL
Dread Pirate Roberts
KidDoc said:

I don't much like the rear end but otherwise looks great. I expect there will be tons of issues and recalls with such a significant revamp.

Those are my exact thoughts about a woman I know that had too much plastic surgery over most of her body
NWE
AG
Lol Charger is a dewshmobile
permabull
AG
george_92
I, for one, cannot wait for the new Iroc Z28 to come out. Later this month losers.
PA24
AG
A beautiful machine but way past my prime.

phatbc
Damn, not a domestic or corvette guy at all but this is very impressive. Wow.
E
AG
aggieforester05
AG
supradave94 said:

Can't believe they're not offering a standard transmission. Takes all of the joy out of driving.
Exactly, I've driven flappy paddle Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and a McClaren. They just are not as exciting as a manual. Feels like you're playing a video game. I lose all interest in any sports car that discontinues their manual transmission option. If they want to offer an automatic I have no problem with that, but a manual should continue to be an option.

The Camaro is being discontinued, the SS sedan is gone, and the CTS-V has lost it's manual option. Now that the manual corvette is being discontinued, every Chevy V8 going forward will be paired to an automatic transmission. That is a very depressing thought. No more stick shift ls/lt cars. If you want a stick shift V8 chevy in the future it will have to be an old car.
Buck Turgidson
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Unless you are a Rancher with access to Farm Diesel and you have a Cummins Diesel,

Why would anyone buy a Dodge?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.