Heb curbside

7,225 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old RV Ag
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the rage? Worth the price?
mrad85
AG
Yes, if you don't like spending an hour of your life searching for every little item you need.

If it's a big buy we use it, but don't for the smaller amounts.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't use it if I'm buying any kind of beef/chicken/pork because I don't trust them to choose what will go on the grill
chipotle
If you trust them to pick your produce and proteins I'd say do it. I don't trust them.
TyHolden
AG
I can get in and out of heb with around $100 of crap in 15-30 minutes. Why an hour? Are you touching the meat or something?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
mrad85
AG
I've had good success with both meat and veggies from curbside. If you have special requests, they have always told me to just give them a call and they will oblige.
BBRex
AG
Instacart, you fools.
rlb28
AG
DSAg44 said:

I can get in and out of heb with around $100 of crap in 15-30 minutes. Why an hour? Are you touching the meat or something?
This.

If I just want to stroll the aisles and look at stuff I might want to buy and experiment with then it takes an hour. I can go at my lunch hour, but a bunch of stuff, take it home and get back to work in an hour.
GinaLinetti
AG
It's great. I let them pick my protein and produce and have had zero quality issues. I will go in if I only need a couple of things but use curbside once or twice a month for bigger purchases
Shakes the Clown
I got yer protein right here
GSlice06
AG
Curbside is free until October if you place your order 24 hours in advance.
proc
AG
I love curbside. Don't have to deal with crappy people in the store or the parking lot.

Over the last year I have had zero issues with meats or produce. I am consistently getting fresh stuff. If you want a prime steak, select the prime steak and uncheck "substitutions allowed".

They really consider the surveys important, so they all pretty much go at it with extra effort.
Worlds Foremost Ag
AG
Using the list in the app really helps. You can put in the store you are going to and every item on the list will have an isle location to reference.
Lt Lois Einhorn
We do it for non-spoilage items. I can go pick out my dairy, produce, and meat and then grab my to go order on the way out of the store. Saves time and I'm less likely to forget something.
Macarthur
My daughter works for the curbside service. Overall, I think they do a good job. Although, they are sometimes hindered by folks in the store not doing what they need to do so it reflects poorly on the curbside. It's been eyeopening for my daughter because she has run across so many rude people. Gotta love retail.

Ironically, I have never used it cause I kinda like going to the grocery story.
PoohAh97
AG
I use Shipt, mostly because just the parking lot at my nearby hoodrat HEB is awful. I don't mind the actual shopping, but trying to get out of the parking lot suuucks. The delivery gig people are really, really conscientious about the stuff they bring cuz tips are involved.
mrad85
AG
PoohAh97 said:

I use Shipt, mostly because just the parking lot at my nearby hoodrat HEB is awful. I don't mind the actual shopping, but trying to get out of the parking lot suuucks. The delivery gig people are really, really conscientious about the stuff they bring cuz tips are involved.
Our HEB curbside folks have told us that any tips you give will go into a collective pot. They use that money as a group for different things.

expresswrittenconsent
mrad85 said:

PoohAh97 said:

Our HEB curbside folks have told us that any tips you give will go into a collective pot. They use that money as a group for different things.

Things like paying the employees? Or things KAREN wanted to do like some dumb party? come on, KAREN.
chipotle
mrad85 said:

PoohAh97 said:

mrad85
AG
"None of the grocery pickup services in our area, Kroger Clicklist, HEB Curbside or Walmart Grocery pickup allow their employees to accept tips."

Link
https://www.click2houston.com/consumer/to-tip-or-not-how-much-to-give-and-when
PoohAh97
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Things like paying the employees? Or things KAREN wanted to do like some dumb party? come on, KAREN.
Is this the same ****ing KAREN that thinks it would be a good idea to get a ham and pineapple pizza?
(removed:10EA24-2)
I will never use that type of service. I love to go to the grocery store and chat with checkers, the manager, the bag boy etc . I still walk into department stores, post office, banks, and I walk into pay as many bills as possible...water, electric etc. My kids used to warn me before we walked in to a department store or grocery. I can hear them now.

" Momma, Don't talk to anyone! Because you take forever in there. Plus we don't want to talk to anyone.

I never listened though.

I'm not much of an online shopper either.
agneck
I use instacart, it gets placed on my kitchen countertop for $12 It's a godsend
RyanAg08
AG
DSAg44 said:

Kind of a personal question. Dont you think?
Sean Mercer
Beachbabe19 said:

I will never use that type of service. I love to go to the grocery store and chat with checkers, the manager, the bag boy etc . I still walk into department stores, post office, banks, and I walk into pay as many bills as possible...water, electric etc. My kids used to warn me before we walked in to a department store or grocery. I can hear them now.

" Momma, Don't talk to anyone! Because you take forever in there. Plus we don't want to talk to anyone.

I never listened though.

I'm not much of an online shopper either.
I always go inside to shop. How else can I meet people and see if they are interested in other ways of making money?
(removed:10EA24-2)
Well okay, Sean
GtownRAB
AG
No

1) for meat, I got tired of them selecting the wrong cut I specifically orders and checked no subs. They just don't know what they are doing

2) produce was low quality or closer to expired dates

3) online order pricing is higher than shelf pricing. Heb claims there was a flat fee or now eventually free to order but conveniently forget to tell you they charge you more per item. Pricing wasn't much different , just the principle of being dishonest on purpose.
Shakes the Clown
I like shopping at the HEB here in NB

I hate shopping online

I've only bought about 5 things online in the past 5 years
Mr. White
Have food prices gone up since they have to hire extra workers to shop?
h1ag
AG
I can't speak to HEB specifically, but I work in warehouse automation and grocery has started blowing up for us in the past 6 months, with all chains scrambling to catch up to Walmart, who, while still relatively early in the process, is a little further along than the others.

I suspect prices are a little higher to reflect the extra warehouse labor, but i would think it would normalize very soon. Automation + forecasted growth in the space are going to have most companies willing to make curbside a small loss leader to cement their market share.
FriendlyAg
GtownRAB said:

No

1) for meat, I got tired of them selecting the wrong cut I specifically orders and checked no subs. They just don't know what they are doing

2) produce was low quality or closer to expired dates

3) online order pricing is higher than shelf pricing. Heb claims there was a flat fee or now eventually free to order but conveniently forget to tell you they charge you more per item. Pricing wasn't much different , just the principle of being dishonest on purpose.

From a business perspective though, you have to admire the model. If you want to not go inside, they charge you more so they can sell you the stuff that is close to spoiling. It really is a great way for a low margin business to increase their margin.

If it's worth it to you, then go for it, if not, go inside.
BEaggie08
AG
They have updated the way you shop for produce for HEB curbside/delivery. You can now select ripeness level.
Vernada
AG
HEB Go is a game changer. I don't mind going to the store, but being able to scan and bag while I shop is awesome. It makes check out take about two minutes.
mrad85
AG
BEaggie08 said:

They have updated the way you shop for produce for HEB curbside/delivery. You can now select ripeness level.
Next time I order 2 melons, I'll be sure to include "big and firm" to my list
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.