Aggie DJ Rob is currently running from College Station to Las Vegas.

7,326 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
CoachC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get some of the criticism, but christ, give the dude at least some credit. The determination that deal would take is absolutely insane.

It's also kind of bizarre how much hate y'all have for a fellow Ag. Bad idea or good idea, I'm always going to support an Aggie -- as long as they're not an @**h***.
HollywoodBQ
AG
That is an impressive physical feat.

The problem with the cause is that I can't name a single band or even singer from College Station. If there was ever a live music scene in College Station, I'm unaware of when that existed.
Carlo4
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

The problem with the cause is that I can't name a single band or even singer from College Station. If there was ever a live music scene in College Station, I'm unaware of when that existed.

The Spazzmatics
tk for tu juan
FTAB and the Singing Cadets
Win At Life
AG
PDEMDHC said:

HollywoodBQ said:

The Spazzmatics

4 Hams on Rye
Tobias Funke
AG
"College Station Rise Up" guys
Granger Smith

That's all I got
CoachC16
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I could be wrong, but I think the point was to bring marquee names to CS, kind of like how ACL does to Austin.

I can see why someone would question the run, but the festival could be a huge money maker for the city if it's done right.
Shakes the Clown
Seems all that time and energy could be spent on the phone with music promoters.

Or maybe there's a good reason there is no interest, Austin is 100 miles away.
CoachC16
AG
That's true, although raising the money organically like he's trying would drastically increase your profit margins.
phatbc
I mean Glastonbury is kind of in the middle of nowhere right? It could technically work if he garnered enough support, but I'm sure ACL makes that much tougher.
tk for tu juan
Shakes the Clown said:

Seems all that time and energy could be spent on the phone with music promoters.

Yeah, but then you do not end up in Vegas with a bunch of kickstarter money to play with.
BeardedBear
AG
I hope that even if he doesn't make his Kickstarter goal, potential sponsors and investors see his dedication and drive and he's able to make it happen.
Tobias Funke
AG
BeardedBear said:

I hope that even if he doesn't make his Kickstarter goal, potential sponsors and investors see his dedication and drive and he's able to make it happen.

I do too, I honestly do.

But that's....just... not how things work.
Duncan Idaho
BeardedBear said:

Every one knows the best way to show how dedicated and driven to achieve a goal you are is tirelessly focus on something unrelated.

I am sure that my boss will see the dedication and drive I have on texags and give me that promotion
CoachC16
AG
I don't know, your dedication to trashing a fellow Ag while sitting behind your computer screen is pretty telling to me
expresswrittenconsent
CoachC16 said:

I don't know, your dedication to trashing a fellow Ag while sitting behind your computer screen is pretty telling to me

Would you say his efforts are misguided? Impressive but unproductive?
CoachC16
AG
Yeah I think that's fair to say. My whole point is #1 the determination that takes is commendable and shouldn't be ignored and #2 the dude is an Aggie. Let's show a little support instead of completely $****ing on him.
Duncan Idaho
CoachC16 said:

The fact you think 2 posts over 5 days is "dedication " is pretty telling.
Beer Baron
AG
Duncan, I swear - SWEAR TO ALL THAT IS HOLY, that as a fellow Aggie I will support you 100% if you spend the next six months doing the cha cha from Houston to Kalamazoo, Michigan to generate the funds necessary to have the Olympics permanently staged at the A&M rec center.
CoachC16
AG
Kind of funny coming from the dude without an Ag tag...

I've said my peace. Hope the guy succeeds.
BeardedBear
AG
Made it to Nevada today! He's in the home stretch.
Duncan Idaho
Sweet! When do advance ticket sales start? Any word on a headliner?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.