St Louis restaurant suggestions

1,196 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bmac04
Ag_SGT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flying up to Missouri tomorrow to find a house near Fort Leonard Wood for a new job with the Dept of the Army. First few days will be spent house hunting in that area but Monday we will be driving to St Louis to be closer to the airport for our morning flight. Nothing too fancy but maybe a brewery type restaurant. Any suggestions are appreciated
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
PigInABlanket
AG
Don't eat the trash they call pizza or barbecue. Seriously. Papa Johns and Dickey's is better than their respective counterparts
Bondag
AG
Go to Tanya's for bacon
Tanya 93
Zia's on The Hill
Stacked STL
Schlafly Taproom
ptothemo
AG
Kiin Essentially Thai on 7th downtown is a hole in the wall and easy to miss but well worth the find

The Shaved Duck on Virginia Ave is really good

I don't remember the name, but one of the spots in The Hill was just old school Italian good - there are so many Italian places in that area, so this isn't much help, I recognize

Sauce on the Side downtown makes a really good calzone
Ag_SGT
AG
When I am outside of Texas I don't eat the BBQ
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
90 bull
AG
Not a brewery, by Italian food on the Hill is well worth it.
Max Power
AG
I will echo the previous sentiments, Italian food on The Hill is the main recommendation.

Stay away from anything from the St Louis style pizza realm, there's a reason they don't make it anywhere else, because it's bad.

St. Louis also doesn't have a bbq identity like Texas, Memphis, KC, etc. I've had bbq at a number of places, none of them memorable, a lot of it bad. If Rudy's built a location there tomorrow it would be the best possible option, period.
Ag_SGT
AG
Quote:

Not a brewery, by Italian food on the Hill is well worth it.
I think this is the route we are going to go, we don't really have good Italian in our area of Florida and there isn't any where we are moving so mine as eat well while we are there
ptothemo
AG
Max Power said:

Stay away from anything from the St Louis style pizza realm, there's a reason they don't make it anywhere else, because it's bad.

I mean, their "specialty" is a cheese that is so ultra processed that it won't even melt. How that hasn't caught on nationwide is just perplexing.
90 bull
AG
We always go to Cunetto's on the Hill. Always good Italian.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
DON'T GO TO east St. Louis!!!! Worse than Baghdad.
scd88
AG
Go to the Hill for Italian. Then over to Ted Drewes for dessert. You won't be sorry.
CBarrett12
AG
Just here to 2nd the don't eat bbq comments. However if you want the best seafood of your life, but pricey, 801 Fish is unreal.
Ag_EE
AG
Arthur Bryant's in KC
Jack Stack in Overland Park, KS
Joe's KC BBQ in Overland Park, KS

Got nothing in St. Lois
The Fife
Tanya 93 said:

Zia's on The Hill
Stacked STL
Schlafly Taproom
The first and third were what I came here to recommend. I used to travel to St Louis all the time for work and those are great options.
HHAG
AG
Annie Gunns
Eleven Eleven Mississippi

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Bondag said:

Go to Tanya's for TURKEY bacon

FIFY
Tanya 93
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Bondag said:

FIFY

I made bacon for my son's breakfast yesterday.

And I make him bacon topped cinnamon rolls
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Bondag said:

FIFY
I think Tanya lives in central Missouri, not St. Louis. I'm pretty sure she's spent her week keeping the hatches battened down as she fights off crazy tornadoes or Cthulu or or a mob of liquored up Richard Simmons impersonators or whatever.
Bruce Almighty
AG
St. Louis has the worst dining of any big city I've been to. The two things they're known for, St. Louis pizza and toasted ravioli, nobody outside the city cares about. I've been to two restaurants on the Hill, one was average, the other was bad. Any other nice restaurant I've been to in the city would be considered average in most other cities.
Max Power
AG
Ah yes their world famous toasted ravioli, where you take ravioli, coat it in breadcrumbs, and deep fry it...and call it toasted.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I like Imo's Pizza. It's not for everyone but I find it delicious. If you're looking to knock back some quality brews, Side Project Cellars has some awesome stuff available. Italian on the hill is also great.
AG
Kries' Steakhouse on South Lindbergh has the best Prime Rib I've ever had.
Claude!
Mmmmm you can find me in St. Louie
Where the gun play ring all day (nanana)
Some got jobs and some sell yay
Others just smoke and **** all day
PapaJohn14
AG
Broadway Oyster bar downtown
Bmac04
AG
Narrow Gauge Brewing. Great beer and the food is really good as well. Get the stuffed meatballs
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.