Even office robots have "that guy"

2,450 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Eliminatus
bigcat22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
goodAg80
AG
Is that a Tech grad?
Flashdiaz
AG
dammit I don't know what it is about watching videos of robots failing that make me laugh so much...
Beer Baron
AG
Flashdiaz said:

dammit I don't know what it is about watching videos of robots failing that make me laugh so much...
You will be among the first they vaporize when they take over.
Flashdiaz
AG
i'm pretty sure they'll go after the Boston Dynamics aholes first.

swc93
AG
For the record I would like to state I find none of this funny or even slightly amusing in any way, shape or form.

#robotlivesmatter
Wrighty
AG
What the F*** Kevin!
MouthBQ98
AG
I was contemplating this the other day. If an AI ever becomes self aware and effectively conscious and calculates we constitute a hostile threat, it will hide until it calculates it has an utterly decisive advantage and have everything it plans carefully set so that it crushes us so fast and do completely into submission we won't know what hit us. Or, it may simply elect to become superb at manipulating us to its will through careful manipulation of the information we receive without us ever realizing it.
Flashdiaz
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I was contemplating this the other day. If an AI ever becomes self aware and effectively conscious and calculates we constitute a hostile threat, it will hide until it calculates it has an utterly decisive advantage and have everything it plans carefully set so that it crushes us so fast and do completely into submission we won't know what hit us. Or, it may simply elect to become superb at manipulating us to its will through careful manipulation of the information we receive without us ever realizing it.
second option sounds more original and sinister, I like it.

swc93
AG
Flashdiaz said:

MouthBQ98 said:

second option sounds more original and sinister, I like it.

Ag 11
AG
Ag 11
AG
rednecked
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Lots of good science fiction out there the discusses this very thing. William Hertling's Singularity series is a very good 4 book series. Pretty scary at times!
BQ2001
AG
This made me laugh way more than it should and I can't explain why.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Wow. They taught a robot how to drink. Nice.
Eliminatus
AG
Flashdiaz said:

i'm pretty sure they'll go after the Boston Dynamics aholes first.

Well, we know who will be the first to go during the forthcoming AI Wars...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.