School Portrait Ordering Options

2,556 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggieforester05
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just got an email from the company which does portraits for my kid's school. Here are the options.
My question is who the hell orders so many pictures of so many different sizes? Any of you do that? All I do is look for ONE 8 X 10 picture so I can put that in a frame.

It's always a chore to find the option I want, they try to impose these "packages" on you. Even Custom Package does not have what I want. It's in some obscure part of their website.
This is why monopoly is bad.

Any of you have the same problem?

bac
AG
I'd kill to be able to get a high-res digital image for $22 for my kids' school pix. Our prices are about double that.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
They usually have an Any One Sheet option for like $15? And yeah those are super cheap!!!
Zemira
AG
Most people want pictures to give to family and friends.

Edit: Those aren't a bad price. Usually would get 8x10s and 5x7s so grandparents, aunt & uncle's could have framed photos. Back in the day you had wallet size photos to put in actual wallets. I think they make little photo books these day you can put your kids pictures in yo show them off if you have actual photos and not digital.
NoahAg
LOOK AT ME! MY KID IS PHOTOGENIC!
Drawkcab
Those are damn cheap, but why even buy them? You obviously don't give a crap about your kid or you'd have had their picture taken before, and you'd know those are damn cheap.
PoohAh97
AG
No holographic foil? What sort of hick district are you even in?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Why anyone even bothers to offer anything besides a digital download is beyond me.
Dread Pirate Roberts
blindey said:

Why anyone even bothers to offer anything besides a digital download is beyond me.

Because of old-fashioned people.

My dad still says "When you get your photos developed, get an extra one and mail it to me. I'll write you a check to pay for it." And he says it when I'm using my cell phone to take the pic.

I wish this was a joke.
swc93
AG
My favorite is the "wallet" sized ones.

"What to see some pictures of my kids? Let me whip out my wallet and unfold my accordion of pictures".
King moto moto
AG
bac said:

I'd kill to be able to get a high-res digital image for $22 for my kids' school pix. Our prices are about double that.

You would kill over $22.

I call bs.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
PanzerAggie06
AG
School photos are still a thing? I don't understand the point. Can anyone honestly state they have a deficit of photos of their children in todays world of everyone having a camera in their pocket at all times?
histag10
AG
Moto Moto said:

bac said:

You would kill over $22.

I call bs.

People have killed for less...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
PanzerAggie06 said:

School photos are still a thing? I don't understand the point. Can anyone honestly state they have a deficit of photos of their children in todays world of everyone having a camera in their pocket at all times?
Honestly, I have to agree with this post, too. School photos seem completely pointless when everyone carries a camera in their pocket that takes better quality photos than professional gear could take when we were kids.

Before that was the case, it made sense to do a school photo so you'd at least have some mementos of childhood and growing up, but now, I've got like 5,000 pictures of my kids in my cloud account.
bac
AG
Moto Moto said:

bac said:

You would kill over $22.

I call bs.

PM me your address.

I keeeed, I keeeed.
infinity ag
blindey said:

Digital downloads ain't cheap. They charge about as much as a printed one. It makes sense only if you have to print multiple copies.
Win At Life
AG
Just ordered the jumbo package like everyone else and put them in a draw
Jack Cheese
AG
Quit being a lolpoor and order the high end package both digital and hardcopy. It's what all us texags high rollers do every year for all our kids.
aggieforester05
AG
At my kids school to get both pictures on a CD IS $100. You can get them to text you a "social media pic" if you buy at least a $35 package of physical photos. To get both pics you have to buy two packages.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We usually over order on the school pictures as well. I do take the excess to the range for my therapy sessions, so I think that probably makes it worth the cost. Cheaper than a shrink.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Next time he does it break out this.

That will teach him.
PoohAh97
AG
That's a good trick making you buy the digital version with actual prints, and at an extortionate price. If you got your grubby little mitts on that for cheap, you could just get reams of pics printed.
infinity ag
PoohAh97 said:

That's a good trick making you buy the digital version with actual prints, and at an extortionate price. If you got your grubby little mitts on that for cheap, you could just get reams of pics printed.

It's okay. You can even buy 1 image of the largest picture size, then scan hi resolution, and then pop out as many copies you want like rats.
aggieforester05
AG
PoohAh97 said:

It's $100 minimum for digital photos with a copyright release that you can print. No copyright release with the digital photo that comes with the packages.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.