OMG GOT

8,961 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Fife
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
G.I.Bro
They should have started Dany's descent into madness well before episode 4 of this season

Characters moved to and from different parts of Westeros from one scene to another

Dany with 2 dragons gets owned by a dozen boats one day, next day destroys an entire fleet and city walls with one dragon and no explanation of better battle planning

Killing the night king to defeat all the white walkers is a lazy trope

If dondarrion was brought back to life so many times to save arya's life then died when the red god was done with him, what is jon's purpose vis a vis the red god and why is he still alive?

Why does grey worm tell Tyrion to shut up then allow him to go off on a 5 minute rant of finding a new king? Why didnt anyine speak up and say "jon is the rightful heir and had every right to kill her if he wanted"? Why did grey worm go from "we demand justice for jon snow" to "ok he can join the obsolete nights watch, we are leaving and have no way to know if you honor your word anyway"

What was the point of arya's white horse at the end of episode 5 if it isn't shown again?

Bran obviously had some inkling of what was to transpire in KL, did he let it happen bc he's kind of an ahole and wanted to be king, or in this world is free will a farce and everyone is a slave of fate?

I've had other gripes but can't remember more right now
AG
Yeah, there area a few unanswered questions, and they probably should have done a few more episodes, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.
PoohAh97
AG
G.I.Bro said:

Dany with 2 dragons gets owned by a dozen boats one day, next day destroys an entire fleet and city walls with one dragon and no explanation of better battle planning
She was ambushed near Dragonstone the first time. Notice this time she came in high, did damage, swung around and kept low for the next pass while they're still trying to elevate the scorpions, repeat.*

And that is the only objection I have to your rant. I'm not asking for airtight story, but when it's occurring to you *during* the show (especially the stuff with Grey Worm, which was legitimately threatening in the moment, so got bewildering as he kept being pretty reasonable).

*What was this, a mob of ships instead of a fleet? Everybody takes a shot at her, everybody has to reload and retarget at the same time while she circles around again, and they hadn't thought of ALL 2-3 things somebody might do with one giant flying very-visible animal, and plan accordingly? And this wasn't a random bunch of boats, this was Cersei's navy, ostensibly led by her version of a 5-star admiral. So maybe we're supposed to think he's incompetent and just very lucky for the past 2 seasons, and just got outfoxed by a lady whose superpower is flying from any direction, burning things, and then doing it again less than a minute later (unless you make her sad)?

Uh, so maybe your point stands as is.
ac04
it's all valid and he didn't even mention drogon melting the iron throne which is a low point in the history of tv. the episode sucked out loud. D&D mailed it in.
Satellite of Love
Show me on the doll where the GoT staff touched y'all. HAHAHAHAHA, so glad I am not invested in this show. I am truly sorry about your feels, NOT!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
G.I.Bro
I too confuse disappointment in paid entertainment with actual hurt feelings
PoohAh97
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Show me on the doll where the GoT staff touched y'all. HAHAHAHAHA, so glad I am not invested in this show. I am truly sorry about your feels, NOT!
Eh. I don't think I feel as strongly as others about it. It was entertaining enough, and I'm glad the whole show got made. Invest enough of yourself in these things and it will always be disappointing. I reserve that pit of disappointment for Star Wars movies now.
G.I.Bro
ac04 said:

it's all valid and he didn't even mention drogon melting the iron throne which is a low point in the history of tv. the episode sucked out loud. D&D mailed it in.

Yes, if they would have dissolved into 7 separate kingdoms again that scene may have had some meaning/symbolism, but as it stands drogon threw a tantrum and said if my mom can't have it no can neener neener
Satellite of Love
PoohAh97 said:

Satellite of Love said:

Eh. I don't think I feel as strongly as others about it. It was entertaining enough, and I'm glad the whole show got made. Invest enough of yourself in these things and it will always be disappointing. I reserve that pit of disappointment for Star Wars movies now.
I am right there with you brother.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
LostInLA07
AG
Spoiler-

In the sequel Jon Snow becomes the night king 2.0 and attack's with the zombie Wildings.
ham98
Satellite of Love said:

PoohAh97 said:

Satellite of Love said:

I am right there with you brother.

Well the Daves are in charge of the next star wars trilogy
bmc13
AG
1939 said:

Yeah, there area a few unanswered questions, and they probably should have done a few more episodes, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be.

some of the dialogue this season was horrible. it was like a high schooler wrote it.
riverrataggie
AG
The last 45 minutes were especially bad.

- Are we to expect that Dorthraki, who are basically rabid horse****ers, and the Unsullied to just lay down like that after their queen is killed?
- a dragon is floating around and we don't care?
- Bran lets his sister bully him in front of the others and that is to be better? Dorn is ok with this?
- Tyrian's last 5 minutes of the entire series is half composed of him moving chairs? His last quote is something to the fact, I brought a jackass and a comb of honey to a brothel once. He's said that joke many times and never got to the punch line. Much like this last season.

Three ways they could have improved the ending in just changing the last 45 minutes of last episode;
- have the unsullied and dorthraki still remain threats on outskirts of kings landing.
- when dragon torches the iron throne torch snow as well to which he doesn't burn. Then when Jon and Tormond are riding off have the dragon fly over them in the distance to show there is still a king of the north, but with a dragon and some imbred looking crackers
- most likely won't like this, but goes with my 2nd point, have final screen switch over to Bran sitting in his chair and have his eyes turn blue.
agsalaska
AG
Tree Hugger said:

This season was extremely disappointing from a nudity standpoint.

If I recall correctly, we only got to see 6.5 boobs the entire season:

6 = the three women Bronn was with when Qyburn interrupted him
0.5 = Arya's side boob

The 0.5 side boob was worth it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
The Dog Lord
AG
1939 said:

ac04 said:

if you can't figure out which parts of the writing were awful on your own, there's not going to be anything i can say to help you. glad you enjoyed it.
Typical response when one has nothing. I didn't think the season was amazing, but it was solid and doesn't deserve the amount of criticism its getting.

There's a thread with 13k comments on it with plenty of specifics. You should give it a read.
reb,
AG
the deal is this: The writing is so bad that there is no justifying it, but what is happening is that people are playing goalie and providing their own theories trying to stitch this frankenshow together. The writers basically wrote out some garbage and punted to the fans to make sense of it, and thankfully on some level fans are sensing this bull**** outsourcing and are saying no.

It was the writers job to have things make sense, prevent plotholes, unify narratives, develop themes, complete subplots. They didn't. So, stop saying "well this could have meant this and in the fanfic in my head this means that blah blah blah" no, just no, there is nothing to be "understand" about this last season, it was hot garbage that is not understandable and we were not the ones paid to have it make sense in the first place.

The single shining light in that abortion was Brienne completing Jaime's legacy by filling out the knight register thing (with a missed opportunity to say "and he ploughed this amazon's ***** RIGHT winkwink" but thats neither here nor there). It had all the right stuff. This finale should have been filled with scenes like that, start to finish.

I think the writers and showrunners should be dragged into the street, shot in the stomach, and left to bleed out down a stormdrain. They shouldn't get to survive.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Jeez we get it. Some people didn't like the finale
AG
riverrataggie said:

The last 45 minutes were especially bad.

- Are we to expect that Dorthraki, who are basically rabid horse****ers, and the Unsullied to just lay down like that after their queen is killed?
- a dragon is floating around and we don't care?
- Bran lets his sister bully him in front of the others and that is to be better? Dorn is ok with this?
- Tyrian's last 5 minutes of the entire series is half composed of him moving chairs? His last quote is something to the fact, I brought a jackass and a comb of honey to a brothel once. He's said that joke many times and never got to the punch line. Much like this last season.

Three ways they could have improved the ending in just changing the last 45 minutes of last episode;
- have the unsullied and dorthraki still remain threats on outskirts of kings landing.
- when dragon torches the iron throne torch snow as well to which he doesn't burn. Then when Jon and Tormond are riding off have the dragon fly over them in the distance to show there is still a king of the north, but with a dragon and some imbred looking crackers
- most likely won't like this, but goes with my 2nd point, have final screen switch over to Bran sitting in his chair and have his eyes turn blue.

So basically you didn't want the series to end.
The Fife
It definitely shouldn't have taken two years for this season to be filmed.
chipotle
1939 said:

ac04 said:

i can't stand dany and i'm glad she's dead. the writing for the entire final season was bad and the finale was laughable.
Everyone keeps talking about the writing being so bad and the season sucking yet nobody has given any specific examples of what was so bad or what should have happened. The writers were in a no win situation, the show had to end and nobody was going to be happy with the ending however it turned out.

Example 1: Dany killing innocents made ZERO sense
Example 2: "OMG LOL democracy", this was stupid
Example 3: Arya sailing away to her home planet.
Example 4: Numerous battle tactic and travel logistic errors. Yes i know this is petty but dammit there were so many.

How it should/could have ended:

1. Bran causes the mad king to lose his s*** which then is one of the causes of the Robert Rebellion. Fast forward, in a last ditch effort to save the realm of man from NK or Dany's wrath, bran time travels to first episode and instead of surviving the tower fall he dies which undos all his time travels (mad king, hodor, etc.). This causes roberts rebellion never to happen. Series ends with a united kingdom led by a targaryen (with Robert and Ned at his side) standing against an approaching NK army. Despite the time shift, Sam remembers the original timeline and writes about it. The story is called....Caddyshack. Credits

2. Dany doesn't kill innocents cause she has to but because they're in the way since the lannister army doesn't surrender. Still unhappy about all the fire, Tyrion and Jon act like whiny bichez and turn on her. A pregnant dany executes both of them and the kingdom rebels as they are apprised of jon's lineage and he's such a super guy. Because dany is so smart she is forced to face a rebellion led by Gendry Baratheon. As she is about to mow down the rebels bran worgs Drogon. A mystery person s***s dany's pants as drogon wipes out the cockless and dothroki. Credits.

3. The game of thrones itself dooms humanity and prevents it from uniting the kingdoms from the looming threat that were introduced to since episode one. NK wipes everyone out with ease. Saves that smug tart Sansa for last just cuz. Credits.

All of these would have been better.
G.I.Bro
Or they actually make Job Azor Ahai and he has to reluctantly kill Dany to reforge Lightbringer to face the army of the dead. That prophecy, like many other threads, was unfulfilled and wasted.
APHIS AG
It was like a marathon runner nice and steady throughout the series and then "kicking it" to finish the race.
PoohAh97
AG
APHIS AG said:

It was like a marathon runner nice and steady throughout the series and then "kicking it" to finish the race.
I got the impression this was for budget reasons. I know it seems like everybody in the world watched this show, but these giant boutique TV series tend to have "selective" viewerships, and they are Very Very Not Cheap. Add up expensive dragon and ice zombie effects, plus a whole lot of location shoots, and the cast doesn't get cheaper as they get more famous.
Woody2006
AG
People always get their hopes up with the ending of an iconic tv series and are essentially always let down.

I think the real reason is that you don't want it to end moreso than there being something wrong with the ending.

That said, Bran has been an insufferable character for a couple seasons now and I'm sad he wasn't killed.
G.I.Bro
I'm glad Woody is here to tell us adults how we feel. We're obviously too stupid to know ourselves.
Woody2006
AG
G.I.Bro said:

I'm glad Woody is here to tell us adults how we feel. We're obviously too stupid to know ourselves.

And who are you?
Claude!
Woody2006 said:

G.I.Bro said:

And who are you?

Duh.
G.I.Bro
Woody2006 said:

G.I.Bro said:

And who are you?

I'm you
Ag 11
AG
PoohAh97
AG
They killed Optimus Prime again??
The Fife
Ag 11 said:

Some go, some BLOW! You'll pay for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.