Upstairs neighbors

6,688 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Boiling Denim
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
riverrataggie said:

Bang the mom
It is the only way to be sure.
GMM
Always get the top floor
HTXAG19
Pot brownies
Dad
AG
I lived in apartment for three months when I took a job in a new town and wasn't sure how things would work out so I got a short term lease apartment. I actually liked it. My upstairs neighbors were not a problem and it was pretty big for an apartment (maybe 1300 sq ft). It was one of those apartment with Camden in the name and was much nicer than any apartment I lived in back in my Bryan/College Station days. It had this awesome pool and my kid loved it and wanted to go every day since our 3 months were all during summer.

We actually tried to get them to let us switch to a one year lease and just stay there but for some reason they would only offer us a one year lease at the rent we were paying which was artificially high because we signed a 3 month lease. I ended up moving to a house.

Now that I own a house and see all the expenses and effort that go with owning I definitely think I would rather live in a nice apartment if I was single or married with no kids. Since that is not the case owning a house is the way to go but it is expensive because things break or need to be upgraded and having a pool is another money drain. I also hate yard work but I think I would hate paying someone even more.
Boiling Denim
You're pretty much boned if the noise is during normal hours.

You can't really make noise back because the kids won't give an eff

You can talk to the parents but I'm sure they'll give up controlling the situation after a day or two

You have three options

Move to a top floor or move out
Buy Bose noise cancelling headphones
Buy a sick surround sound system and mount them to the ceiling and let it rip
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.