Beach to Bay 2019

2,949 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Funky Winkerbean
SanAntoneAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you mawdickers run it today? Lots of good Ags out.

Did leg 3, nice views, bridge was easy. But I'm old and slow.
SidetrackAg
AG
I ran to the store and got some beer earlier. Hammered now
Ferg
Ran it 3 or 4 times back in the 80s. Always a fun day.
HHAG
AG
We did it 3 times back in 95/96/97. Came in 12th in 96 out of ~900 teams. Every year a Dallas shoe store sponsored team won, generally by a huge margin. The logistics of getting everyone out to their starting place and picking up in traffic was quite the challenge. I did the bridge one year, it wasn't that bad, but I was young and in shape.
NC2001
AG
Ran it twice with a team of co-workers when I worked over in CCAD 10 years ago. Went to the Executive Surf Club for beers and seafood afterwards.
Claude!
It's all good, from Diego to the Bay
Your city is the bomb if your city makin' pay
Ag with kids
AG
It's yet another good idea for me to not leave the island that day...
c-jags
Last year I was there on vacation and out for a run and had no idea it was going on. I ran up over a sand dune and then was all of the sudden faced with a thousand runners coming right at me.

MouthBQ98
AG
WTF is this? If that's in Texas, stay way away from that dune grass. You would not believe how many rattlers are in that stuff.
Ag with kids
AG
c-jags said:

Last year I was there on vacation and out for a run and had no idea it was going on. I ran up over a sand dune and then was all of the sudden faced with a thousand runners coming right at me.

Are you sure that's not a Central American caravan?
Patentmike
AG
Ran it 3 times in High School. Best finish was 12 overall and we won the junior (everyone under 18) division. That was either 84 or 85.

The crazy part was we ran something like 2:18...10 minutes slower than an elite marathoner would've run it by himself.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

expresswrittenconsent
Patentmike said:

Ran it 3 times in High School. Best finish was 12 overall and we won the junior (everyone under 18) division. That was either 84 or 85.

The crazy part was we ran something like 2:18...10 minutes slower than an elite marathoner would've run it by himself.

Why is that crazy?
Patentmike
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Patentmike said:

Why is that crazy?
You'd think 6 serious runners could match 1 guy over 26 miles. Obviously, the answer was no, but it always surprised me.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

expresswrittenconsent
Gotcha. I only did b2b once but all the transitions were such a cluster that it would be easy to lose more than 10 minutes.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

WTF is this? If that's in Texas, stay way away from that dune grass. You would not believe how many rattlers are in that stuff.

I think they are on the road to East Beach that runs to the sea wall.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.