PSA: Don't Be Like Me: Locked Glove Box Ain't ****

4,877 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GoneGirl
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgot to lock truck last night apparently. Just happened to be the night 2 guys in hoodies came through street checking handles. 30 seconds from the time they opened driver door to taking off running. Missed several things of value, but broke open my ALWAYS locked glove box and stole my emergency Walther PPS M2. In the grand scheme extremely lucky, but still royally pissed and want them strung up.
ac04
sounds like its time to install an actual lock box. a 10 year old with a pencil could break into most locking glove boxes.
AliasMan02
AG
If it makes you feel better, a big chunk of this country thinks that you should now be held liable for violence tied to that weapon.
swc93
AG
Reads to me like OP is setting up an alibi.

"Oh no officers that gun was stolen from my truck. Yes they left the Ipad, $60 cash and the high end sun glasses; BUT broke into my locked glove box and took the pistol that was used to shot that acquaintance of mine, from behind, to the head, in close range. I even posted on TexAgs on the morning of 5/16 to complain about it."
Lt Lois Einhorn
Look at the potty mouth on Katie! And she's a gun owner as well. Is anybody else aroused after reading the OP?
normaleagle05
AG
It turns out that window glass is ineffective against theives when door locks are engaged. At least you don't have to replace a window.
mrad85
AG
Lt Lois Einhorn said:

Look at the potty mouth on Katie! And she's a gun owner as well. Is anybody else aroused after reading the OP?
Slightly.. A follow-up to the story might put me over the edge.
aTm2004
AG
But did they leave your car-sized BOB?
expresswrittenconsent
Another irresponsible gun owner.
Know Your Enemy
AG
What kind of lolpoor doesn't park in a garage? Do you live in an apartment complex or something?
FIDO*98*
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Forgot to lock truck last night apparently..........broke open my ALWAYS locked glove box and stole my emergency Walther PPS M2.

You really think not locking the truck was your mistake? What kind of emergency is a gun locked in a glove box going to do you any good? Do you purse carry too?

The lesson to learn here is DON'T LEAVE GUNS IN YOUR CAR
Duncan Idaho
FIDO*98* said:

AggieKatie2 said:

Forgot to lock truck last night apparently..........broke open my ALWAYS locked glove box and stole my emergency Walther PPS M2.

You really think not locking the truck was your mistake? What kind of emergency is a gun locked in a glove box going to do you any good? Do you purse carry too?

Gonna have to agree with fido here.
02skiag
AG
Agree with Fido, leaving a gun in a car is extremely irresponsible. And now another bad person has possession of one.
King moto moto
AG
Rule 1 on OP or you will lose all of your guns!
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
I'm just here to dog pile on the foolish OP who thinks it's ok to leave her guns in the car when she's not in it.
mrad85
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

I'm just here to dog pile on the foolish OP who thinks it's ok to leave her guns in the car when she's not in it.

I think you're just here for the gang bang
PigInABlanket
AG
FIDO*98* said:

AggieKatie2 said:

Lotta victim blaming going on in here.
PoohAh97
AG
Next she'll tell us she didn't even have on in the chamber!
hunterntexas
AG
Maybe we can get the lawmakers to write a law banning leaving guns in vehicles. That should fix the problem.
Lt Lois Einhorn
While they are at it we should make laws to ban people breaking into cars and stealing stuff. Common sense thieving laws. That would put an end to that.
Duncan Idaho
PigInABlanket said:

FIDO*98* said:

AggieKatie2 said:

Lotta victim blaming going on in here.

And rightly so
Hamburger Dan
Not trying to start **** throwing contest, but why don't people put their cars in a garage? You could keep anything you want inside your car / truck - if it was inside a locked garage. I'm not sure that I remember a time in my married life that I left my vehicle outside. And thusly, I've never had anything stolen from my truck. Just saying.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I'm not sure that I remember a time in my married life that I left my vehicle outside.
This is the only surprising comment on this thread. People park outside all the time, dude, in all kinds of neighborhoods and complexes.
Hamburger Dan
Might be surprising to some, but I naturally don't trust people. By leaving something unattended, like it or not, it invites thieves. I also live in a subdivision with an HOA clause about cars parked in front of your house. Plus, the last two houses we built, we added a third garage, just so we don't need to park outside. Bad weather and thieves is enough to convince me.
NWE
AG
I drive a truck and back it into my garage every single time I arrive home. It's a pain and takes me a few more seconds than leaving her out in the elements but I don't feel comfortable with my truck outside, regardless of where I live. Been broken into twice before (at gym and previous home) and never want to feel that way again.

Irresponsible gun practices.
Duncan Idaho
The value I get out if having a workshop is a lot more than the inconvenience of carrying in my laptop
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Might be surprising to some, but I naturally don't trust people.
That part, I understand.

I'm just saying it's pretty standard to park outside in a lot of environments. It's certainly true in dense urban environments, but also in small towns a lot of older homes have car ports. And plenty of people are like Duncan, using the garage for a workshop or storage instead of parking.
cisgenderedAggie
How does she know they were wearing hoodies?
AggieKatie2
AG
We have cameras (and for those saying park in garage, the truck doesn't fit, as it is too tall for garage door.)
Liquid Wrench
BTW, I know your reddit name now
John Francis Donaghy
AggieKatie2 said:

We have cameras (and for those saying park in garage, the truck doesn't fit, as it is too tall for garage door.)

Jacked up trucks:

Too tall for garages.

Prone to rollovers.

Too high off the ground to load large or heavy objects on any sort of regular basis.

Too tall to tow a trailer without a specialty hitch.

And the perfect height to ensure that your engine compartment plows directly through another vehicles windows at head/neck height in an accident, bypassing the reinforced passenger cage and ensuring minimal survivability for anyone in the other car.

But on the upside, you get to look like an ******* while you drive around the suburbs. So you got that going for you. Which is nice.
AggieKatie2
AG
Something something about ASSumptions
Cobra39
John Francis Donaghy said:

AggieKatie2 said:

Jacked up trucks:

Too tall for garages.

Prone to rollovers.

Too high off the ground to load large or heavy objects on any sort of regular basis.

And the perfect height to ensure that your engine compartment plows directly through another vehicles windows at head/neck height in an accident, bypassing the reinforced passenger cage and ensuring minimal survivability for anyone in the other car.

But on the upside, you get to look like an ******* while you drive around the suburbs. So you got that going for you. Which is nice.
Quote Carl and always get a blue star from me..

Many "garages" in a lot of "stand-alone houses" being built these days will barely hold 2 MG's.

Cobra39
Shoefly!
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

AggieKatie2 said:

Jacked up trucks:

Too tall for garages.

Prone to rollovers.

WOW that's a lot of crep with jacked up trucks.
GoneGirl
AG
Every single time I see an internet post about vehicles getting broken into the person says "I forgot to lock the doors."

Points to you for not saying "the one time I forgot to lock the doors."

But seriously, leaving a gun in the car? A stolen laptop or expensive sunglasses aren't going to be used to hurt someone, but chances are your gun now will be.

I get carrying it for safety, but for God's sake, remember what you have and how to properly be responsible for it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.